Osama bin Laden killed

you clearly dont get what im on about, celebrate justice, celebrate the end of tyranny, celebrate a terrorist group taking a massive blow, but celebrating someones death in a haha im glad he is dead way, is just pathetic.

Oh but I do understand what you're on about perfectly well. And I disagree with your opinion. There is nothing pathetic or disgusting about celebrating the death of a person if that person truly deserved to die, in my opinion. Some people deserve to die. Rapists, child molesters, people who murder the innocent (like Osama) etc. and when I hear of the death of these types of people you'll have to forgive me if I seem happy about it. It's just that I am happy about it. I'm not going to apologize for that or pretend I'm ashamed about it. They deserve to die and I'm happy when they do. The world is a slightly better place for it.

How can I say this in an unoffensive way....

Bin Laden was to America as Adolf Hitler was to the Jews. Public enemy #1 and more.

He was a sub-human piece of shit who deserved way worse than what he got. And he was a pussy ass motherfucker to boot. While he's encouraging young Muslims to go and kill themselves in the name of Jihad, what was he doing? Being a fucking asswipe hiding out in a million dollar mansion built specifically to house and protect him in Pakistan, and don't tell me Pakistan didn't know all about it. This douchebag wouldn't blow himself up in the name of Islam, he would have impressionable young people do it for him. He was a mass murderer and a cowardly piece of scum. To make it worse, he made life miserable for all the peaceful Muslims who actually practice their religion as it's taught, not as it's bastardized by radicals.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm about as Democrat as Democrats come. I'm in favor of giving the poor and middle class a fair shake and telling the upper class to go screw and pay their fair share. I'm also in favor of peace and totally against war unless absolutely necessary, but when someone sends people into my neighborhood to start shit, I want them taken care of by people entrusted to protect the neighborhood. On September 11th, these douchenoggings came into my state and wreaked havoc that haunts us to this day. Not Saddam Hussein, he was an innocent victim in all of this, but Bin Laden and his ilk, they get what they deserve. I just wish his death was more gruesome, to match the gruesome and untimely deaths of all those who were taken too soon when they were just going to work and trying to make a living.

this. I agree with it 100%.

I understand why people are celebrating his death. Yes, it's wrong in a way, and shows no respect, but this man deserved no respect. Terrorists celebrated the deaths of those they killed. Did this show respect? no, so why should Americans not celebrate his death, particulary those who were effected by 9/11. they have every right to.

Oh but I do understand what you're on about perfectly well. And I disagree with your opinion. There is nothing pathetic or disgusting about celebrating the death of a person if that person truly deserved to die, in my opinion. Some people deserve to die. Rapists, child molesters, people who murder the innocent (like Osama) etc. and when I hear of the death of these types of people you'll have to forgive me if I seem happy about it. It's just that I am happy about it. I'm not going to apologize for that or pretend I'm ashamed about it. They deserve to die and I'm happy when they do. The world is a slightly better place for it.

no ones opinion is right because thats the nature of an opinion, i think those people should rot in prison and absolutely fucked up until they die, make them suffer, killing them is a nice way of doing it, but still celebrating death is a very terrorist thing to do, but then the usa is basically the biggest terrorist group in the world anyway

no ones opinion is right because thats the nature of an opinion, i think those people should rot in prison and absolutely fucked up until they die, make them suffer, killing them is a nice way of doing it, but still celebrating death is a very terrorist thing to do, but then the usa is basically the biggest terrorist group in the world anyway

I'm not going to keep arguing the point as we'll just keep going in circles, although I will say I find it odd that someone who thinks celebrating a person's death is disgusting would at the same time be in favour of that person being made to suffer. As for the US being the biggest terrorist group in the world, I can't say I agree with that statement. Out of interest though, I'm a Canadian, and most of my fellow Canadians that I know feel the same as I do on the subject. Does that make us a country of terrorists as well?

as i said before opinions are opinions im not going to change yours and you arent going to change mine.

i dont celebrate death and i dont think anyone should but honestly tell me do you prefer the fact that bin laden was shot in the head, an almost instant and painless death, as opposed to him rotting in a cell for the rest of his life being starved, beaten, made someones bitch, and generally destroyed and tortured? i know what i prefer.

no you dont get what i said, if you look at america as a country and what they do around the world, you will just see they are a basically running a dictatorship on the world.

Yes, the USA is guilty of a lot of stuff that "terrorizes" other people, if you want to use that term, though I would suggest that certain things were only done in response to direct attacks at America or American allies. Dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan, for example, qualifies as an ultra-extreme response to an extreme direct attack. Could we have handled Japan in a manner differently than using the two bombs? Possibly, but we didn't and it is what it is.

Really, the biggest problem is that we started to ignore the words of George Washington is his farewell address almost immediately, starting with the Monroe Doctrine, and decided that international involvement was in our best interest as a nation, when in fact it wasn't. We became so dependent on goods and raw materials from other countries and we became so dizzyingly scared of other government methods like Communism that we felt the need to go ahead and befriend certain people in united opposition against other people. It wasn't because they were friends though, it was just because we had common interests. Once the common interest doesn't exist as a threat to America anymore, we're not friends anymore. Remember: America armed and trained both Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden in the Reagan years because we had common enemies: Iran to Iraq and the USSR to Afghan fighters. Then, Reagan, in a blur of Alzheimer's confusion (or total stupidity) decides to trade weapons to the Iranians in exchange for the release of the hostages, so suddenly we were fraternizing with a known terrorist harboring nation against our so-called friends and getting ass-deep into the Middle East in a way that we didn't need to be. Suddenly, we have enemies all over the region, troops all over the region, and Bin Laden wondering why the fuck we're over there occupying Saudi Arabia and hanging out in the region 24/7.

When all of this hate directed at America could be avoided just by going back to a philosophy of isolationism. But as Americans, we simply won't do that because we simply can't do that. So, now we have to be on full alert, watching our backs very carefully, and although I consider myself a pacifist, and I disagree vehemently with a lot of America's foreign policies, I still don't want some terrorist coming after me even if (and especially if) they're just coming after me as a form of aggression against a government that misstepped every step of the way when it came to Middle East policies, with no regard for the safety of their citizens. If Bin Laden had walked up to my front door and I had the chance, I would have bashed his brains in with a baseball bat and left him for dead because he was a danger to my safety and the safety of my family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very glad to hear that he is dead but I think another bigger, badder and even more ugly terrorist is just going to take his place soon if they haven't already. Taking down the head of a terrorist cell is like taking down a mob boss or drug lord. The person second in charge is just going to resume charge and if he doesn't then the person behind him etc etc... All the way down the list until they find someone willing and able to fill the role.

We also have to hope that they don't get all mad because we killed their leader and think it's cool to do another 9/11 type attack.