Paramore's "Monster" in Transformers: Dark of the Moon Soundtrack

Caitlyn

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first reaction just wow

second reaction : how the heck am I supposed to wait a week ?

i love it, I like that it's still heavy but I never was that worried about the sound anyway, I knew hayley, jeremy and taylor are still committed to the band and the fans so that they wouldn't add electro-sellout stuff, always nice to see it confirmed for other people though :)

I want the new album like NOW

I feel embarrassed for not knowing Taylor could play drums.

Goddamn, what a talented band. Maybe not super hyper virtuosos, but shit, it's not easy being able to play multiple instruments to a very good standard.

I guess many of them have been influenced by the Dave Grohl mentality of "learning one instrument ain't enough!", which is no shock, since if you're into alt rock, chances are Grohl is a hero of yours anyway haha.

yessss oh my god.

I hope MTV are right about the music video, every time I listen to the clip I imagine it being performed in that tunnel the three of them are standing in in the 30 sec clip :smile:

they filmed a video for this song already? If so, I can't wait to see it.

^ According to MTV, they'll be filming a video in June, but it hasn't been filmed yet.

Will Monster be released as a single from the soundtrack?

If so, I think it will be awesome. Remember how Linkin Park released New Divide from the last Transformers movie soundtrack? Epic.

I'v asked Brent (thebrowncoat) if it's going to be the lead single from the soundtrack, and he said he hadn't originally thought so, but now he's not sure. He thought it was going to be Linkin Park. However, sometimes there's more than one single from a soundtrack, so I guess we'll see.

It doesn't sound the same, but fuck me, I love it more.

I didn't know it was possible to be addicted to 30 seconds of a clip.

And the lyrics are epic too :P

Agreed!

The lyrics feel very haunting (in a good way) and I love the whole vibe of the song, or at least from what we have heard so far. It's so odd hearing NEW music. When I listened to it for the first time, I felt awkward not knowing the lyrics because it's a new song, and I'm so used to their 3 albums and other songs that I've memorized so well, and it just feels so refreshing knowing there's going to be NEW material. So happy.

^ I was trying to play this on guitar before, and even though I already tune down a 1/2 step and then drop to Db (I hate #'s, sorry), I couldn't play it. I was like, "Is this song even LOWER??" Even though it's annoying to de-tune that much, it sounds epic. :)

^ I was trying to play this on guitar before, and even though I already tune down a 1/2 step and then drop to Db (I hate #'s, sorry), I couldn't play it. I was like, "Is this song even LOWER??" Even though it's annoying to de-tune that much, it sounds epic. :)

Now we can stop talking about how all Paramore songs are drop D and say that they actually have a song that isn't in drop D. Maybe more?! Crazy! haha.

Wuttt? Pretty sure the band has a lot of songs in E standard and also drop Db (well, drop C#, same thing heh) tuning/s.

Interesting how rarely the band uses E minor as the key signature for their music, even though it's typically the 'easy' choice in rock and metal for bands that tune to E standard, since you can make use of the open E strings and the easy fingering of an E power chord on the low E.

And then it seems when the band goes to finally make another song in E minor, many years after their only other song in E minor released in 2005 (All We Know), they go all drop C on our ass :P Kinda cool how it gives the chorus a genuine heavy rock feel, a major departure from their pop punk roots.

Made me think of Evanescence, a band that uses a lot of E minor, but is dropped tuned to hit those lower power chords and notes