Paramore's "Monster" in Transformers: Dark of the Moon Soundtrack

Caitlyn

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I didn't know he could play drums.

They will need an official drummer to go on tour though, it won't be as good with a spare drummer.

The Yorks are superheroes.

For all we know, Taylor can play drums and guitar at the same time.

^ I agree. I remember them talking about songs like "Take Me Back" and how they never recorded it because they couldn't agree on how it should sound. I feel like as far as songwriting went, it was always Hayley/Taylor vs Josh (didn't Hayley and Taylor have to convince Josh to record Looking Up for BNE?). I think the fact that Hayley and Taylor have always been more on the same page will work to their advantage now.

I just love that song a lot.

Josh and Zac leaving was probably the best thing that could happen to the band, to be honest.

What was best was the tension before them leaving. If they hadn't struggled for some time they wouldn't have had a lot of inspiration for quite a few of their amazing songs.

I personally thought that they would finish their tour and then call it. :crybad:

So seeing Monster being released is just.. wow.. indescribable.

It's not yet to be noticed that the Farro's are gone. We'll see if there's a next album coming up!

I think that the style and lyrics will die a bit and lose some emotion (I'll probably refuse to have written this when and if the album comes out)

^ I don't necessarily think the lyrics will lose emotion now. There's always something to trigger emotion, whether it's happy, sad, angry, etc. It will be nice, though, to know that now the lyrics aren't about anyone in the band and we don't have to worry about tension between Hayley, Taylor, and Jeremy as a result. There's a lot to look forward to. :)

I think they said for now they want to remain a trio maybe in the future add more members.

It is going to be pretty weird seeing Paramore next month without Josh and Zac though. I'm so used to seeing all 5 of them together at shows.

Honestly the song ins good, really good but I'll be happy when they stop writing about Josh, yeah it was ugly and there is bad blood between them , we get it but the Farros had been in this band for 5 years and I don't like that fans are caught in the middle of their war. I think the same about Josh's behaviour

I want to hear Hayley's point of view about things in life, she is an amazing lyricist and I'm sure she has a lot of interesting to say, more than I hate you Josh

just my opinion though

What was best was the tension before them leaving. If they hadn't struggled for some time they wouldn't have had a lot of inspiration for quite a few of their amazing songs.

I agree, but it couldn't last. To me it was obvious the band wasn't completely alright even after BNE.

Honestly the song ins good, really good but I'll be happy when they stop writing about Josh, yeah it was ugly and there is bad blood between them , we get it but the Farros had been in this band for 5 years and I don't like that fans are caught in the middle of their war. I think the same about Josh's behaviour

I want to hear Hayley's point of view about things in life, she is an amazing lyricist and I'm sure she has a lot of interesting to say, more than I hate you Josh

just my opinion though

I think she needed to write about it. Now it's done, and she'll talk about something else in the next song (that's what she said).

I could be reading way too much into this, but is it just me or do the lyrics of this song seem a hell of a lot like a full-on anti-Josh assault?

1. "Don't you ever wonder how we survive? Well now that your gone, the world is ours."

2. "I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching."

Exactly what I thought. When I first heard it it stroke me, I was thinking, damn that sounds a bit like All We Know, lyrics-wise at some parts.

The song itself is really good, love the guitars, the overall flow and of course Hayley's voice is amazing, full of emotion as usual, and Jeremy rocked the bass. I must say I'm pretty impressed with Taylor's drum work, it's really awesome and fits the paramore layout just fine!

I was expecting the three of them to start going downhill, but it looks like they're "free" now to write and play whatever they want, which is amazing. I had lost hope for paramore, but now I'm pretty convinced that it'll end up magnificent. My only worry now is I'm hoping the whole joshing you around thing is over, and they move on to the better future!

just my opinion though

Even though people may not want to hear about the band drama, Hayley uses songwriting as her outlet to get her emotions out, so even though she was talking about how she really didn't want to write negative lyrics about what happened, I knew she would. It wouldn't be healthy for her not to, and I think a lot of fans also needed it.

BUT they've already said that the reason they're not releasing the songs they recorded in March as an EP is because that's what all the songs were about, and they didn't want it to be an incredibly negative EP. They know people don't want to listen to them whine about the Farros, and they don't want to do it anymore either. That's why they're just releasing the songs randomly this summer, and then they'll start fresh with the new album.

• 2 weeks later...