Paramore Singles Club

Catie

For months now, we've promised that we'd be releasing some new songs before the end of the year. Well, here is where we finally make good on all of that. We are very happy to announce the Paramore Singles Club that will be happening throughout the rest of the year. This club is our way of getting these songs directly to the Paramore family. The only place you will be able to get them is on Paramore.net so think of these songs as our little secret to you.

As most of you already know, when we went into the studio at the beginning of the year to record "Monster" we also recorded a few other songs. By now, you might've heard an acoustic version of "In The Mourning" on the YouTubez and you might've caught a clip of "Renegade" at the beginning of our "From The Field" Warped Tour webisodes or live at the FBR15 show in NYC. There is one, however, that should be completely brand-spankin' new to all of you and that one, dear friends, is entitled "Hello Cold World".

If you join, you will get a download of one of the songs every couple of weeks and at the end of it, we'll send you a limited edition 7" box set. We're only making 3,500 of these sets which include four 7" records - one for each of the new songs plus "Monster". We'll have more details for you about the artwork and packaging as soon as it's totally finished.

We really wanted to do something special for all of you around the holidays to thank you for making 2011 so amazing and sticking with us as we go into 2012 and start working on the new album. So, without making this any longer than it already is, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for believing in us.

We are Paramore,

Hayley, Jeremy, Taylor

DIGITAL SONGS + 7" BOX SET + T-SHIRT - $54.99

-Renegade MP3

-Hello Cold World MP3

-In The Mourning MP3

-limited-edition 7" box set

-'bars' t-shirt

-access to Singles Club-only merchandise

DIGITAL SONGS + 7" BOX SET - $39.99

-Renegade MP3

-Hello Cold World MP3

-In The Mourning MP3

-limited-edition 7" box set

DIGITAL SONGS + T-SHIRT - $18.99

-Renegade MP3

-Hello Cold World MP3

-In The Mourning MP3

-'bars' t-shirt

DIGITAL SONGS ONLY - $2.99

-Renegade MP3

-Hello Cold World MP3

-In The Mourning MP3

http://www.paramore.net/blog/f15482-paramore-singles-club/

I can't afford anything more than the $18.99 package so that's what I got.

Renegade sounds awesome I really love it!

Bought it, but I can't download the song yet, they're still having trouble getting it to international customers. So I just downloaded the song from Youtube for now. Once they all the kinks worked out with the international orders, I'll still download my copy from the webstore just to see if there's much difference in the quality. Love the song though.

I bought the 7" box set, even though it was a little more than I was expecting.

Of course, I downloaded Renegade and then my iPhone was taking forever to sync the song, and I had to leave for work, lol. I ended up having a friend email the mp3 to me so I could listen to it on my way home, haha. The quality still wasn't great (I was literally listening to it as an email attachment), so I'm going to listen to the full-quality song in a little while, and I know it's going to be amazing. :)

Of course, I downloaded Renegade and then my iPhone was taking forever to sync the song, and I had to leave for work, lol. I ended up having a friend email the mp3 to me so I could listen to it on my way home, haha. The quality still wasn't great (I was literally listening to it as an email attachment), so I'm going to listen to the full-quality song in a little while, and I know it's going to be amazing. :)

Are you insinuating I'm giving you shitty quality? :P

That's a good idea to make all these packages. I think I'm going to take the one with the songs and the tshirt. Can't wait to see the artworks for the vynils.

Are you insinuating I'm giving you shitty quality? :P

That's a good idea to make all these packages. I think I'm going to take the one with the songs and the tshirt. Can't wait to see the artworks for the vynils.

Yes!.... haha, just kidding. I could download it to my phone, but I couldn't put it in iTunes, so I had to listen with Quicktime, which sounds horrible. I still listened to it for the entire drive home, so it still worked out. :)

Yes!.... haha, just kidding. I could download it to my phone, but I couldn't put it in iTunes, so I had to listen with Quicktime, which sounds horrible. I still listened to it for the entire drive home, so it still worked out. :)

I must admit the quality of the downloaded track on the webstore is 3456789x better than the temporary mp3 I got.

Bought the package with the songs+tshirt :) can't wait to receive it, it's going to be long before December! hopefully i'll have it by Christmas :P

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't Hayley and Jeremy tweet a while back about how they wrote a song that was super poppy and not like anything they'd ever put on an album, and that they thought maybe they could give it to someone else? I guess they just decided to record it themselves instead.

It is super poppy, but I've seen too many people overreacting, saying they aren't happy with the "direction Paramore's going in." Did they not record this song with Monster, Renegade, and In The Mourning... three songs that don't sound anything alike? Obviously they weren't looking to head in any specific direction but instead, just wanted to record some songs they had written for fun to get out frustration and share with fans. (This isn't directed at anyone here, just people I've seen posting elsewhere.)

PS - Please, DO NOT post the clip here because despite having the title "official preview," it is far from that and more likely a leak. If you really want to find it, you can do that on plenty of other Paramore sites.

It is super poppy, but I've seen too many people overreacting, saying they aren't happy with the "direction Paramore's going in."

This...

I was not expecting this song to be that poppy, especially since we read a few lyrics. I thought it would be darker and slower. This poppy vibe makes me think about the RIOT era. I'm waiting for the entire song to make any further comments :).

Here's my take on what Paramore has recorded so far since the Farros left.

In The Mourning - To be blunt, I don't like it. Not at all. However I don't really see this as an indication of what the band is going to be like without the Farros. Why not? Simply because I don't think it was a song they were ever intending to release as an official Paramore song. I think Hayley even said it was just something she wrote for fun. The only reason I think it ended up being released is because there was a huge amount of fan support for it after the video of Hayley and Taylor playing it was posted. D-

Hello Cold World - I don't really like to judge songs based on 30 second clips, but from that clip it sounds only OK. To poppy for my taste personally. If it was on an album I bought, I might listen to it every now and then, but I would really have to be in the mood for it. I would never buy an album full of these types of songs though. Although that opinion may change once I hear the full song, like I said it's hard to judge from such a short clip C-

Monster - Love it. It quickly became my favourite Paramore song when it first came out, and while that has worn off a little since then, I'd still rank it in my top 5. A

Renegade - I really liked this when it first came out, and it has only grown on me even more since then. It's been almost a month and I still often find myself playing this song over and over again on repeat. That doesn't happen with me very often. I think I have to make it official, this is now my favourite Paramore song. A+

So, 2 songs I don't really like, but 2 songs that I like as much as or more than anything they had released before. And the 2 songs I don't really like are both songs that I honestly don't think they would have normally included on an album. All in all, I'm pleased with what they have done. I just hope their album is more like Monster & Renegade, and not so much like In The Mourning & Hello Cold World.

I definitely agree with you on Renegade and Monster cause I love when Paramore write heavier songs (the same reason I love Decode, a song that I think often gets a bad wrap cause of Twilight, which is a great song) and both could easily be in my top 10 Paramore songs.

I won't judge Hello Cold World based on a 30 clip, but it reminds me a lot of older Hey Monday, and I do listen to them on occasion, so no big deal even if it does even up being that poppy all the way through. I listen to straight up dance pop, so it's not like it's something I'd never listen to.

I also love (LOVE!) In The Mourning too, especially with that added bridge. It's not a style of music I listen to often, but I have a soft spot for a good county/folk song, and I think it's beautiful... and I love that Paramore did step out of their comfort zone and record it properly. I'm actually pretty bummed that it's the last one to be released for The Singles Club cause I love it so much.

yeah i'm not so much saying 'OMG THEY'VE COMPLETELY CHANGED, HATE HATE HATE.'

I love monster and renegade, and in the mourning, which is why i just find (what i've heard of so far) hello cold world, a little out of place?

fair play to them if they wanted to just record it to try something different, like really poppy.

Not gonna lie though, I am disappointed so far with 'Hello Cold World'. Kind of ironic, because the first 'fake' clip i heard of it sounded really promising. but it happened to be decode in reverse, or some other crazy stuff like that. haha. I honestly thought the song belonged in a disney sort of show, and I ain't hating, i love disney, but yeah it definitely took me by surprise. For me, it's sounding like the weakest song out of the 4

edit: chris yeah i agree, does sound kinda hey monday material. unfortunately, i'm not a huge fan. guess we'll just have to wait and hear the whole thing before passing a definite judgement. just speaking from first impression

I haven't heard any part of HCW. I can't judge at all unfortunately, but nothing is too poppy for me!

Wow. had to reaaallly search for it. Damn, thank God for Twitter trends! Aha. The only pop elements are within the parts. It doesn't have the extra effects like Hey Monday. The production is the same as the other singles. Sounds good to me

I think it sounds more like We Are The In Crowd rather than Hey Monday.

With a name like "Hello Cold World" I expected it to be darker and heavier. I prefer their heavy sound but I do like the preview.

Do you think we;ll get the song at midnight? Probably not right?

edit: JK I just saw someone say it's out at 2pm