Paramore Singles Club

Catie

After listening to Hello Cold World, I actually love it!!!

I was expecting something very Hey Monday-esque, but it reminds me a lot more of bands like The Stereo and other mid-90s pop-punk/rock with just a bit more production and polish and a female singer. It kind of reminds me of early All-American Rejects even, which I loved back in the day. This is a great song for driving down the highway on a beautiful summer day (which is the only weird thing about it being released in November). I'm not expecting future Paramore songs to sound like this, but I love that they were really able to experiment with different sounds on this EP and share them with us.

I really liked the fake preview cause it sounded pretty heavy and dark (which, from what Paramore have done in that style before, I've really loved) but obviously it turned out not to be Paramore. The real HCW preview didn't do much for me but after a couple of listens to the full length version it's completely grown on me! I'd say, of the 4 songs recorded, Monster is still my favourite but there's really no weak song out of them for me - they're all pretty varied and different which I guess is a sign of them experimenting, something that every band is bound to do.

The fake HCW preview turned out to be 'Disaster' by a band called Cruskin in case anyone's interested, it's not bad:

i didn't like it at first but it's kinda growing on me. it's pretty catchy, lyrics are fine too. it's not going to be my favourite song or anything. and it's the weakest song out of those 4 imo. but i kinda enjoy listening to it anyways :)

Like others, the title gave me the impression that the song would be more darker in tone, and slightly more 'mature' than what the actual song has prove to be in my opinion.

mte.

there can be one song like this on album but nothing more, i'd like to hear some heavier stuff. i really love monster, i'd like to see them going in that direction. but i'm pretty sure i'd like everything they will do :)

you know what I LOVE about this song ? She's not whining about Josh anymore, thank God ! This song shows the Paramore I fell in love with, good and real lyrics and optimism. I'm so glad the whining is over, Hayley is a great lyricist and I can't wait to hear the stories she will tell us

Count me among those who love Hello Cold World. I think more for the lyrics than anything. Too many people are too lax when it comes to making a difference, they'll just sit and wish for something good to happen instead of actively trying to make it happen. Lyrically it's an amazing song. Musically, it's growing on me.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Am i the only one who doesn't understand why everyone says there's a country vibe to in the mourning cause I don't really see why...

I love this song, the " it takes all my strength to dig you up" kills me...

When Josh and Zac left, I was scared to hear new songs, Monster didn't completely convince me, Renegade is terrible, but hello cold world and in the mourning hope gave me hope again...

i don't like it either.. i'm not digging the country vibe. the beauty of this song always laid in her simplicity, they ruined it. i'm staying with live version.

this.

okay, it's not that i don't like it, i do. it's beautiful... and really, they can't seem to make stuff that i wouldn't like at least a little bit. i just don't like what they did to the chorus. i prefer the live version, i think it's much better.

There's definitely a bit of country influence there, and it's a lot more involved than the acoustic versions we heard first, but I still think it's a great song. I really love the bridge too.

Having finally heard all of the Singles Club songs now, I'm stoked to hear what they come up for their next full-length. :)

• 4 months later...