Watch a video, Answer a few question, help me with my academic research

Hello Board,

First of all, many thanks to the board administrators for allowing me to make this post.

I am a Ph.D. student at The University of Texas – Pan American, and I am researching how music fans react to a video of a band’s live performance. I consider Paramore fans to be great music fans, and your participation would be very much appreciated. All you have to do is view a video that will last between 3 and 4 minutes, and then rate the band on 14 categories and answer about 7 questions. It should take between five and ten minutes to complete.

The survey design randomizes which video and band you will see, so you may watch something different than a friend. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. Also, feel free to re-post the survey on other sites like facebook or twitter, if you like. The more great music fans see it the better!

Thank you very much!

(NEW LINK ON MOST RECENT POST)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello board,
I just wanted to refresh this thread. I am in the final stages of data collection and your participation would really be appreciated! Feel free to pass the link around. You can either use the original link, or this one:

(NEW LINK TO NEW SURVEY ON MOST RECENT POST)

Thanks!
- Paul (University of Texas - Pan American)

• 1 year later...
Hello again fellow music lovers,

This study was a great success thanks to fine folks like yourselves. An academic conference submission that resulted from the research won an award at the American Marketing Association's annual Summer Educators conference, and it is also the subject of an article I will soon submit to an academic journal.

I am now in the final year of my Ph.D. program and working on my dissertation. I am still basing my research on music fans and would love to get your insight. This time, I am even giving away a new iPad to one lucky winner! Each completed survey is entered into a drawing for the iPad. The survey only takes about five minutes, ten minutes at the most. I will check back here to field any questions or concerns, however you can also feel free to contact me at my University email address - pgbarretta@utpa.edu. (I am a Ph.D. candidate at The University of Texas - Pan American.

Here is a secure link to the survey:

https://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1135688/Music-Perceptions

My thanks to you all... and rock on!

- Paul Barretta / The University of Texas - Pan American

(I may repost the above information in a separate post if this one doesn't show up as refreshed)