Album 4

Catie

Talk about anything album 4 related here.

- They're currently recording in the studio.

- Ilan Rubin will be playing drums for the album. He is the current drummer of Angels & Airwaves and he has played for Lostprophets and Nine Inch Nails.

I'm pretty excited for this. I can't wait to hear what they come up with.

I found out that they announced Ilan Rubin was the drummer for this album before my brother did, and when I told him he freaked out XD

Seems like a pretty awesome choice, those are awesome bands, so if he's worked with them, I can't see why anyone wouldn't approve. I'm excited to hear the album already!

I'm wicked excited for the new album. It just seems like it's been fucking ages since anything new by anyone I like came out... which is just about true actually. It has been fucking ages. Not counting the singles, and even that was pretty long ago.

I think there's a slim, very slim chance it will come out by the end of this year. I think we're looking at more like a early spring 2013 release possibly? It's hard to say...I'd love it to come out by the end of the year or early next year though!

This album is definitely going to sound different, but to be honest, I'm just too intrigued to look too deeply into it! I mean a gospel choir on the album, 2 drummers on one song? That is something I DEFINITELY want to hear! :)

I'm thinking early winter. I got new Dollyrots coming out in September, new Taylor Swift coming out in October, new Paramore coming out really soon. It's a good few months for me. Of course everyone will be touring at the same time in support of their new albums, so it might get a little pricey. Fuck, I don't give a shit. I'm past the point of worrying how much money I spend on shows, I'll just agree to do extra work to make some extra money. Last year I spend almost 18 straight hours grading tests just to pocket some extra money for tickets. I'll do the same this year if I have to.

i think it's going to be their longest recording process

but i'm really positive about it, i don't know why :D i just wish they would give us a short video of anything that's happening in the studio :(

I think one reason they're not doing video updates is because it takes too much time out of the day, and they seem really deep into the recording process and it would be a lot of extra time setting up a camera, recording, and editing the video. They are updating Instagram a ton though, so I feel like we're definitely still getting some insight into what's going on. :)

I'm thinking late this year or early next year for the album. At first, they were talking about a very spread out recording process, but lately, it looks like they're finally inspired and confident and will be recording the whole album in one shot, so I'm hoping that has an effect on the release date as well. I'm kind of hoping that after they finish the record, even if they don't release it right away, that they do a short tour, maybe perform a few of the new songs. That'd be pretty sweet.

I think we might get a first single later this year. Early Winter or something. But they definitely need to start reminding about themselves to people. Short US tour is a good idea, i feel like some "old" US fans are losing interest in the band, they just need a reminder :D

I'm sure they've lost some fans along the way, but honestly, I don't think those fans were ever going to stick around forever. Everybody grows out of some of their favorite bands over time and get new ones. No one's talking about them cause there's not much to talk about, but when there is, they'll be right back as if Paramore's never been gone. It's just kind of how things happen in music.

No Doubt's always my best example because they take notoriously long to record albums. You stop hearing about them and think they've lost their audience, but when they come back, their fans are there in full force. It'll be the same for Paramore, and new fans will make up for the ones who left. :)

I just want them to release new music cause I'm ready for new Paramore... but I'm always ready for new Paramore. And if I'm wrong and they have lost a lot of fans, well then we just get to see them in smaller venues. ;)

Yeah i definitely think some people need a little reminder that Paramore is still around and still great. I'm just in need of some new Paramore asap. But at the same time I dont want them to rush anything

The @paramore twitter just tweeted "Wake up and Live" along with an instagram link. I eagerly hopped online to follow the link and see if it led anywhere (thinking "Wake Up and Live" sounded like an album title but the post was taken down from Instagram within 3 minutes. I don't know if this is anything worthy to report, so I thought I'd err on the safe side, and let other people know :P I thought the link ".co/4glAbumt" seemed too similar to "4th album" but again, I may just be reading too far in.

http://i.imgur.com/nOGxj.jpg

EDIT: Further possibility ensured here:

http://i.imgur.com/RbAp6.png

Maybe she's had that knocking around her head for awhile. Dated June '10...

Thanks for the tip! That'd be a cool album/song name if that's what it is. Seems to fit their attitude lately. :)

As for the link name, t.co is Twitter shortening the link that was posted and it's just created at random, so that's just coincidence.