'Paramore': April 9th

She really does. When they played it on the live stream, I was blown away by her voice.

I do love me some heavy Paramore songs, but I think right now, they're feeling too positive for that. Who knows though?

I figured so. It's not something I have to have, but I'm just one of those collector types that want everything.

There's a picture of the box set now. Check it out:

549795_10150283261584963_851466016_n.jpg

QUESTION!

That cover with them bouncing, near the certificate of authenticity, what is that? Is that the deluxe edition cover? <3 because it looks amazing!

and that vinyl cover, really really awesome. wish i could afford the box set :(

She really does. When they played it on the live stream, I was blown away by her voice.

I do love me some heavy Paramore songs, but I think right now, they're feeling too positive for that. Who knows though?

But because you're happy you don't need to turn pop though 

the lyrics are amazing for that song, I haven't listened the song yet but a two-year vocal rest did wonders for Hayley's voice, her voice is really back :)

I don't think it sounds that poppy! I mean,pop songs have a certain...something,I don't know,a lot of effects in the background,masking the guitars. Whereas in Still into You, the guitars are still there. It sounds like a happy rock song, rock doesn't necessarily mean heavy!

• Like 1

I'm in two minds about this one, but I've always been a fan of their heavier stuff so that makes sense I suppose. It sounds pretty great but the one thing that's bothering me are the background effects (chiming, etc) but obviously that's some of the experimental stuff they've tried. Can't fault them for changing it up a bit, and it's definitely growing on me. 

QUESTION!

That cover with them bouncing, near the certificate of authenticity, what is that? Is that the deluxe edition cover? <3 because it looks amazing!

and that vinyl cover, really really awesome. wish i could afford the box set :(

It might be the deluxe edition cover or the 7" vinyl cover (as the thing poking out of it looks more like a vinyl than a CD). 

Maybe you should keep your eyes out on a contest for a boxed set. Sammy Roenfeldt is currently giving one. Also, check our Home page out from time-to-time, because sometimes we post contest news.

I don't think it sounds that poppy! I mean,pop songs have a certain...something,I don't know,a lot of effects in the background,masking the guitars. Whereas in Still into You, the guitars are still there. It sounds like a happy rock song, rock doesn't necessarily mean heavy!

nah, it's definitely a pop song imo

pop isn't a bad thing at all (i hate people who think pop music = bad) but it screams pop haha

I'm in two minds about this one, but I've always been a fan of their heavier stuff so that makes sense I suppose. It sounds pretty great but the one thing that's bothering me are the background effects (chiming, etc) but obviously that's some of the experimental stuff they've tried. Can't fault them for changing it up a bit, and it's definitely growing on me. 

same boat as me, i've always digged the heavier songs

i liked the direction of now, still into you not so much :\

it's alright overall but i hope the rest of the album has more variety and experimentation to it

her voice sound incredible and i sense some riot! vibe in the chorus but the rest is easily forgettable

nah, it's definitely a pop song imo

pop isn't a bad thing at all (i hate people who think pop music = bad) but it screams pop haha

same boat as me, i've always digged the heavier songs

i liked the direction of now, still into you not so much :\

it's alright overall but i hope the rest of the album has more variety and experimentation to it

her voice sound incredible and i sense some riot! vibe in the chorus but the rest is easily forgettable

THIS, Now is ok, not my favourite song but ok, still into you made my ears bleed and made me want to cry, I don't mind the happy lyrics but I just CAN'T with the verses , I just can't 

Not really hearing the Kelly Clarkson, myself, but I do hear some Cyndi Lauper influence. Sammy Roenfeldt, the photographer from Australia, did describe it as if Katy Perry and Paramore had a song baby together, which I liked, haha.

I have to agree with this. Rock is just as versatile as pop, and I'm a HUGE pop music fan, but I still think this is still a little too rock-influenced. Just cause it's upbeat and catchy doesn't mean it can't be rock.

I don't want to start a debate about it though. Call it whatever genre - it's just a damn good song. :)

• Like 1

THIS, Now is ok, not my favourite song but ok, still into you made my ears bleed and made me want to cry, I don't mind the happy lyrics but I just CAN'T with the verses , I just can't 

Saying it made your ears bleed and made you want to cry is a little harsh, isn't it? I mean, it's a song about love and obviously reflects how they are feeling about life right now (which I'm pretty stoked about - for once I feel like they're actually happy about where they're at). It's okay if you don't like it, but to say that about it kind of bums me out. Music should never make people feel that way.  :(

aaah yes, i can hear some katy perry to it too

love her

Just cause it's upbeat and catchy doesn't mean it can't be rock.

whole-heartedly agree with this but this song still screams pop to me

again, that's not a bad thing at all, and i really don't understand why so many people seem offended by the idea

(not here but dear GOD the youtube comments are doing my head in on so many levels)

Well Katy Perry has written some KC songs, so that could be where you're hearing it too. I mean, I'm the person who even considers some Kelly Clarkson singles "rock," so I think at some point it just becomes personal preference, haha.

I'll never really understand the hostility towards pop music either. I'm a huge fan of songwriters like Max Martin and Dr. Luke, and I think pop music sounds heavenly, but some people just hate it, even though it's such a general genre.

Haven't checked out the comments for this specific song on YouTube, but if they're anything like the comments I've read on any other YouTube video, I think I'll stay away. :P

yeah tbh at some point there's an overlap, especially pop and rock since they're both such broad genres

it doesn't exactly matter either way it's just how you choose to perceive it i guess, no right or wrong answer

i really don't understand it haha

like do people not realise pop music =/= bad music and hating pop artists or their fans doesn't make you somehow special or superior?

it really is the typical no one can express their opinion without trying to insult the intelligence of anyone who may disagree

even comments i generally agree with i'm sitting here like 'well you expressed it like a child so no thanks'

Saying it made your ears bleed and made you want to cry is a little harsh, isn't it? I mean, it's a song about love and obviously reflects how they are feeling about life right now (which I'm pretty stoked about - for once I feel like they're actually happy about where they're at). It's okay if you don't like it, but to say that about it kind of bums me out. Music should never make people feel that way.  :(

I"m  sorry but that's just how I felt, this song could be sung by anyone on the pop scene right now and that's what I'm having a problem with, it made me want to cry because I'm realizing more and more everyday that the Paramore I liked is done and the verses made my ears bleed because Hayley shouts in a way that I don't like. Anyway I stated my opinion I'm on Paramore boards so I'm not going to go on and on, good for you if you like it, I'll wait for the album maybe there will be a few songs I like 

yeah tbh at some point there's an overlap, especially pop and rock since they're both such broad genres

it doesn't exactly matter either way it's just how you choose to perceive it i guess, no right or wrong answer

i really don't understand it haha

like do people not realise pop music =/= bad music and hating pop artists or their fans doesn't make you somehow special or superior?

it really is the typical no one can express their opinion without trying to insult the intelligence of anyone who may disagree

even comments i generally agree with i'm sitting here like 'well you expressed it like a child so no thanks'

I think that most people have nothing against pop, but when a band starts punk pop rock and then turns around and releases pop song , they're a bit surprised and disappointed, I read a comment on youtube, the girl said they left us with renegade, monster and then they release generic pop songs, it's a complete 180 

Sorry for double posting.

‎Billboard caught up with Paramore backstage at SXSW to chat about their upcoming album - out April 9th! Watch the interview below.

http://video.billboard.com/services/player/bcpid1550751595001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEMcC3Y~,NII8yi9nN4xFUhUPk5r3WZIA8yah4MXI&bctid=2226169070001

A question I for one was looking to find the answer to, the boxset will include 2 bonus tracks. Wikipedia however lists 3,I wonder what will happen with the last one. Anyway,great interview!

I think that most people have nothing against pop, but when a band starts punk pop rock and then turns around and releases pop song , they're a bit surprised and disappointed, I read a comment on youtube, the girl said they left us with renegade, monster and then they release generic pop songs, it's a complete 180 

that's a fair point and a common issue among paramore fans it seems, but there is definitely a prejudice against pop music as a whole and i don't understand it

even i've been guilty of looking down on artists or avoiding them because of the pop label and then later on realising i actually really love them

Sorry for double posting.

‎Billboard caught up with Paramore backstage at SXSW to chat about their upcoming album - out April 9th! Watch the interview below.

http://video.billboard.com/services/player/bcpid1550751595001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEMcC3Y~,NII8yi9nN4xFUhUPk5r3WZIA8yah4MXI&bctid=2226169070001

A question I for one was looking to find the answer to, the boxset will include 2 bonus tracks. Wikipedia however lists 3,I wonder what will happen with the last one. Anyway,great interview!

Yup, I guess to clarify even further, two b-sides are included on that 7" vinyl in the box set, but when people found the new songs listed on ASCAP, there were 20 for the new album, which means that there are three b-sides. Nobody's sure what's going to happen with that last b-side, but I'm sure we'll hear it at some point.

I would totally buy the box set if I had a turntable :(

Same here! The acoustic vinyl from the BNE Box set is still left untouched because i don't have what to play it with :( [although i have those tracks on my computer, i would really love to hear the vinyl quality]