'Paramore': April 9th

For those of you who don't follow LiveJournal, pretty big update!

1. Lyrics to "Daydreaming"

BGK0VgvCAAAi2lS.jpg

2. New post by Hayley: http://paramoreband.livejournal.com/82022.html

3. Hayley confirmed that "Escape Route" & "Native Tongue" will be the bonus tracks on the vinyl edition of the album.

4. First review of the album in RockSound! Read below:

There's a line approximately halfway through 'Fast In My Car' - the first track on 'Paramore' - that sums up everything we've come to learn about its creators as of late. Namely: "No one's the same as they used to be." Rarely has a truer word been spoken, let alone so quickly. Nearly four years after the multi-million selling 'brand new eyes' was first unleashed, Paramore are finally back on the grid and riding high after a period that nearly broke them - several years older and two men down. And as the song in question tells us, the trio have stepped back into the sunlight in a much different form to the unit that temporarily slipped into the shadows.

Having barely set foot in front of an audience fort the past two years, let alone in front of a camera, the band's self-titled fourth album quickly reveals that in re-emerging, Paramore have done so in a very, very different form. Where its predecessor perfectly captured a period of frustration and resentment - the result of which was an angry, bitter collection of songs that clattered and snarled in equal measure - 'Paramore' is a very much the sound of a happier, more comfortable band. Bathed in subtle synths and sprinkled with pinches of electronica, songs such as the aforementioned opener and 'Grow Up' show the trio in a very different light. Catchy and danceable, there's an unmistakably 'cheery' edge to much of the songs present. 'Part II' follows a similar path, featuring electronic-sounding drums alongside a chorus that booms and distorts in equal measure, a distortion that's often equally as prevalent throughout the album's course. The scuzzy, almost garage rocks guitars of lead single 'Now' aside, the likes of 'Anklebiters' and 'Proof' offer gang vocals and abrasive guitars respectively, presenting a polar-opposite to the acoustic refrains of 'Last Hope' and the slow mellow harmonies of 'Hate To See Your Heart Break."

It's broad, interchanging stuff, and there are moments on 'Paramore' that push the envelope further still. 'Ain't It Fun' is an infectious slice of gospel-tinged soul, while there are ukulele-led interludes breaking things up in between. Even come the album's conclusion - the expansive, eight minute long 'Future', which incorporates strings and layered guitars to create something genuinely bordering on post-rock - there are still surprises to be found, and new sounds to tune into. Ultimately, though, 'Paramore' is exactly that; an album of surprises and an unpredictable, varied and wildly diverse journey. It's bold, brave and on occasion almost difficult to digest, not least in a single sitting, such is its sheer scope and willingness to push the boundaries of what people are likely to expect from a mainstream rock act. This however, is no bad thing. Because although this may be a very different Paramore to the one that disappeared from view, the end result is at least an album that sounds, and more important feels, like themselves.
No one's the same as they used to be, but in the case of 'Paramore', this is something to be celebrated.

FOR FANS OF: Comfort, happiness, new beginnings.

Side note: Hayley seems to be commenting a lot on LiveJournal, so I guess we have higher chances of getting our questions answered there than Twitter!

PREVIEWS ARE NOW UP ON ITUNES!!! <3

[i'm loving how "Moving On" sounds so much like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"! the previews are just perfect]

The band is just pampering us!

Tweet from Hayley:

Get the E-Book for our new album -> "Paramore: Writing The Future" for FREE on @iTunesMusic https://https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/writing-the-future/id617188465?mt=11https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/writing-the-future/id617188465?mt=11 --- https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/writing-the-future/id617188465?mt=11 only the beginning!

It won't work in mine either, but I found a link on twitter. Use this one: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/paramore/id594537262 ,just play the songs there on the website, it won't redirect you to itunes. 

Hate to See Your Heart Break has to be the best sounding preview of all!!  :wub:

if you switch your itunes to the uk store (at the bottom) you can listen to them that way

only listened through them once so far but proof and grow up are standing out the most for me

a few of them i'm kind of meh about but overall this album is going to be wicked

i can't wait to hear the whole thing

Ain't It Fun

BLEW.

MY.

MIND.

So excited for the album, I can't even begin to explain haha. Such a fresh sound for them. "Still Into You" admittedly scared me at first but only because I was so surprised, however I do love the song and haven't stopped jamming to it. I'm obviously a fan of pop music, just look at my username haha. This album is going to be wonderful.

I'm so happy with this album, it's perfect and even if I like some parts less than others the whole thing is blowing my mind... Part II is kinda too electronical for me BUT I imagine it live and I believe it'll be more powerful. And the chorus nailed it. I can't wait to hear the whole record ;( And when someone says it's not good enough etc etc I DON'T GIVE A * it's flawless for me. I'll rape my ears with it in two weeks. (or more, I mean when I'll get my limited bundle...)

I'm loving Part II, Daydreaming, and Last Hope.

When I first heard Fast In My Car I was like "what the heck is this" and I think Hate To See Your Heart Break is SUPER cheesy.

hahaha same, that speaking? bit of fast in my car is cringey for me but i like the rest

not digging hate to see your heart break at all

or the interludes as i mentioned (though i do like the lyrics of those)

not sure how to feel about future...the clip leaves me underwhelmed but i'm hoping it kicks in a la luca by brand new at some point

I liked some of them,  hated some of them, it's nice to hear Hayley singing again and not trying to pretend she's Gwen Stefani, I guess I'll see when the album comes out, a few songs sound interesting 

hahaha same, that speaking? bit of fast in my car is cringey for me but i like the rest

not digging hate to see your heart break at all

or the interludes as i mentioned (though i do like the lyrics of those)

not sure how to feel about future...the clip leaves me underwhelmed but i'm hoping it kicks in a la luca by brand new at some point

Yeah I agree the speaking part is weird but the rest is good. I really like Ain't it Fun and Grow Up too. And I agree about Future, I hope it kicks in during the song.

I can't wait to see how the choir comes in on Ain't It Fun

I'm really really excited to hear the full album

Yeah I agree the speaking part is weird but the rest is good. I really like Ain't it Fun and Grow Up too. And I agree about Future, I hope it kicks in during the song.

I can't wait to see how the choir comes in on Ain't It Fun

I'm really really excited to hear the full album

Oh I think I missed reading about a choir in Ain't It Fun, I can totally see how that could fit in. Only heard a 90 second preview and it's already been stuck in my head all day haha.

I'm not usually one to listen to clips before an album comes out because they never fully capture what the songs are about, but I knew Hayley was especially excited for people to hear them, so I went ahead and gave them a listen on iTunes just now.

Honestly.... it's shaping up to be a KILLER album and one that I won't stop listening to until way after the summer is over (I still listen to BNE on a weekly basis, so it's probably gonna be a good few years, realistically)! From what I was reading on here, I was expecting a few songs not to be as good as the rest, but I love them all. Sure, I have a few that I might jam a little harder on a nice spring afternoon, but I'm impressed by all of them just the same. I think this is a great representation of where Paramore is at right now, personally and musically.

I love it. I'm stoked. Mail me my copy now please, FBR! :)

Also... Ain't It Fun is everything I hoped it would be and more. Listen to that bass!

• Like 1

The stand out for me is Proof. It sounds fantastic! I'm quite sketchy about the album, but i remember being like that with Now when it first came out and now i love it. So i know it'll definitely grow on me. 

I like that they're happy and trying new stuff, i just think it'll perhaps take me a wee bit longer to get used to it and for some of the songs to grow on me. Some will hit me instantly and others will take time. I remember Misguided Ghosts taking a long time to grow on me and in the end i loved it.

^ I had a mail a week ago that said:

Hey!

Thanks for purchasing the Deluxe Box Set / Vinyl for the new Paramore album. 

Unfortunately there has been a manufacturing delay with both of these so they will not be with you on release date. To make up for it we will send you a digital download of the new album as soon as it is released. We don’t have an exact date just yet, but we will get it out to you as fast as we can.

Keep an eye on your mail box on the release date for instructions on how to download the album. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Paramore Customer Service Team