'Paramore': April 9th

To some extent, I agree, but if there's a movie that you're really, REALLY excited to see but for some reason or another haven't been able to watch yet, and all of your friends who have seen it tweet the ending and ruin it for you, that would suck pretty bad, wouldn't it? This situation is really no different.

Honestly, for me, lyrics aren't a big deal and never have been, so I haven't had a problem with it, but just looking at Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc, I can see why it's ruining it for those who do care about lyrics and have chosen not to listen until release date. 

Yes, leaks happen all the them and are, unfortunately, unavoidable in the digital age, but this also isn't the first time a Paramore album has leaked and people have chosen not to listen to it until release day. It's just all about being considerate and respecting peoples' choices. I like what I've been seeing over on LJ - the fans who have listened to the album and want to discuss the lyrics are making posts but putting the important stuff behind cuts. If you want to talk about the lyrics, you can. If not, you just don't click the link. If you don't want to see the lyrics yet, and you view the post anyway, you have no right to complain.

Seeing that people love the album is awesome though. There's nothing to ruin with that, unless someone develops ridiculously high expectations or something. It's essentially just been like reading reviews.

agree with most points you said (and i definitely see where everyone is coming from on both sides) but idk i just want to add

a.) to me the ending of a movie and lyrics/songs from an album are different? i mean that's obviously just my opinion but it's easy to not listen to a song or scroll past a few things and not read lyrics, and even if you can't it doesn't ruin the ENTIRE thing. each song is different whereas with a movie the whole point is to build up to the end. i get where you're coming from with that comparison though.

b.) like i kind of just pointed out it's fairly easy to ignore or scroll past if seeing that stuff really bothers people that much. how do people even know they're paramore lyrics too if they haven't listened? 

idk i've just seen a lot of comments along those lines and people acting high and mighty about not listening and calling others who have inconsiderate for talking about it and i just....is everyone supposed to be silent until it's convenient for you to join the discussion? calm down

/rantoversorryi'minaverybadmoodtoday

idk i've just seen a lot of comments along those lines and people acting high and mighty about not listening and calling others who have inconsiderate for talking about it and i just....is everyone supposed to be silent until it's convenient for you to join the discussion? calm down

This. I think it's bloody ridiculous. I don't have a problem with anyone if they listened to the album or not, I really don't care. People have actually been posting stuff like "I'm a true fan for not listening". Right, for one, please step off your high horse. It doesn't make you less of a fan if you listened. Secondly, being a fan isn't about that. It's like saying "I've got more shirts/records/been to more gigs/met them more times than you, so I'm a true fan". I've preordered the album, and all I've done is listen to it a few days earlier, so don't rain on my parade, please.

Sorry, it just infuriates me.

• Like 1

To be completely honest, I miss the time where I would buy the CD, run home jump on my bed and listen to it for the first time and not having heard anything before but with the internet, stuff like that happens, times change I guess but I admit I did listen to the leak 

Kasiek mentioned above that no one was talking about the album, so I decided to write a review. Please, if you don't agree with something I wrote, that's fine, but don't rant about it and attack me, it's my personal opinion!

"PARAMORE" by Paramore - Review

It's finally time. It's been almost 4 years since the band's last effort, the astonishing "Brand New Eyes". Since then, they've went through a lot, but they're no quitters. Their friends from Fall Out Boy state clearly: "Quitters never win". Now they're back stronger than ever, with fresh forces, happy faces and ready to rock those goddamn stages.

FAST IN MY CAR (10/10)
Their fresh comeback is clearly visible in the opening track. Opening with sick drumbeats, Hayley sings about how they had to change over the years ("All we want is you to give us a break", "When we spotted a second chance we had to learn how to steal"). But no worries, all they want right now is to have fun!

NOW (10/10)
Who would've imagined a war song from Paramore? They've teased us since December and then suddenly, in January, the song was released. "Now" portraits the new style perfectly. They might have lost some battles (wink wink, Farro brothers), but in the end they're the winners. The heavy, yet danceable lead single will remain one of their best songs. Ever.

GROW UP (9.5/10)
Now we now that Hayley's Instagram status is actually a lyric from this song. The song bursts with up-front attitude from the singer ("I told them all where to stick it"). It's a clear message: you should grow up if you still hate on them for something insignificant! Also worth mentioning the catchy "We get along" part.

DAYDREAMING (8.5/10)
There's just something...off about this song. The lyrics are great for the most part, the chorus could have been shaped better. Anyway, the instrumental is great.

INTERLUDE: MOVING ON (10/10)
Following the steps of the former song, "Grow Up", Hayley sings with a relaxed attitude: "Let 'em rise and rise, cause one day they're gonna fall". Ending the first part out of the three of the album, it's really good to hear how devilishly happy she sings, and how they don't have no worries anymore. The theme is continued in their final interlude as well.

AIN'T IT FUN (10/10) ***
10 is not enough of a good mark for this song, cause it's SPECTACULAR! That gospel choir, mmm! Reality check songs aren't always that good, but Paramore nailed it. Also, the transition from the glockenspiel in the first chorus to the guitar riff in the second one is marvelous.

PART II (10/10)
"Let the Flames Begin" was one of RIOT!'s highlights; its sequel is the same on this album. This song is amazing for a couple of reasons. First, it reminds us what happened on LTFB, mixing it with the darkness of BNE. Second, the way the chorus is sung, with those riffs and so much power in Hayley's voice, that's the real Paramore right there. Third, the ending...wow. Can't wait to hear it live. It sounds like a Final Riot song, but there ain't nothing wrong with that.

LAST HOPE (10/10) ***
I might not be the only one who portrays Hayley as a innocent girl-like, with a cute white dress on and a tiny microphone. Her voice is simply adorable. "It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going" may well be awarded Lyric of the Year. It's also great that they decided not to set a structure for this song, it gives it way more originality and personality. 

STILL INTO YOU (9.4/10)
The fans were clearly surprised when they heard the second single of the album: a poppy, feelgood love anthem. The song screams "Paramore", it's clearly their signature on the song, but it might've been a teeny bit better to make it more rocky.

ANKLEBITERS (9.7/10)
Had the song been longer, it would've gotten the top mark. It's among the only songs that reminds us of the anger on "Brand New Eyes". And not to make it totally dark, they've brightened up the music a bit. Risky move, but worth it.

INTERLUDE: HOLIDAY (7.5/10)
I don't know if this one was really necessary, I mean the "Now I can move on to facing big girl problems" has kind of been debated already in the first part of the album. Repetition's not always that good. Not the greatest way to end the second part of the album.

PROOF (9.5/10)
"Baby, if I'm half the man I say I am, if I'm a woman with no fear just like I claim I am". Damn, this is one catchy chorus! You can simply not hate this song. It makes me want to grab the nearest bottle and pretend I'm singing on a stage and dancing around in a world full of pink and lovey-dovey stuff.

HATE TO SEE YOUR HEART BREAK (10/10) ***
Doesn't this song scream the 90's? It's a perfect way to invoke the great ballads that have defined one of the greatest decades in music history. The emotion that is transmitted throughout the song is simply amazing, you can actually hear her pain. Plus, the violins towards the end let you process the greatness you've just heard. Simply wow.

(ONE OF THOSE) CRAZY GIRLS (9.8/10)
Wait, what? Tango rhythm at the beginning? Now that's something! Perhaps if you only heard the instrumental of the song you wouldn't be so hooked on it, but the desperation to see her loved one is what makes this song so adorable! Loving how they transition from dance to rock and then to a smooth uke atmosphere, to make room for their final interlude.

INTERLUDE: I'M NOT ANGRY ANYMORE (9/10)
Still relaxed from OOTCG's ending, this interlude sets a great image: somewhere on the beach maybe, sitting in the sand with the uke in the nad. The band isn't angry anymore, they're "syrupy sweet". Like mentioned above, the fact that they repeated the theme of the first interlude can get a little bit nagging.

BE ALONE (8.5/10)
Too bad the song's so catchy, the chorus is just...really? I would like to know who is behind this, this is probably their worst attempt at writing a catchy chorus.

FUTURE (9/10)
When seeing that the song is nearly 8 minutes long, I expected something epic. The lyrics are alright, could've been much better. The song, however, is prolonged senselessly. It could have ended at 5:30, before it goes into that short silence and begins again. Props to Taylor and Jerm for creating a great guitar and bass line, but don't make another 8 mins long song unless the greatness extends up to that time.

RATING: 9.5/10
Highlights of the album are marked with ***.
Maybe it isn't a masterpiece, but it sure is a great way to come back! Paramore, you've been missed.

I was in two minds about listening to the leak but excitement got the better of me and it's all I've listened to since. Each to their own and all that jazz if you're waiting till the release date. Either way the petty arguments are silly - we're all hearing the album eventually. When you choose to is your decision. And when you do I think you'll be very pleased because this album is insane. 

Fast In My Car - The title still bugs me a little but it's a perfect opener. It's such a happy, fun song for them to start off with.

Now - Loved it since I first heard it back in January, still hasn't got old!

Grow Up* - I can relate to this song massively. It has this slightly bitter tone which I've always loved come into certain Paramore songs (mainly in BNE) but at the same time it's really positive. 

Daydreaming - I really like this but I'd say it's a weaker point in the first half of the album. I know it's a song that's important to the band and I love it for that but there's something about it that just doesn't have as much get-up-and-go for me.

Interlude: Moving On - My favourite interlude on the album. Like 'Grow Up' it still has this slightly bitter, "screw you" feel to it but it's so care free and chirpy.

Ain't It Fun* - Wow. Something really different for them but I love it. When the choir came in first time I listened I just about died. And Hayley's voice when she's singing with them is amazing. So so catchy.

Part II* - Putting it out there now that LTFB is one of my favourite Paramore songs, definitely my favourite from Riot! And I'm pretty sure this is my favourite from 'Paramore'. Can't actually explain how much I love it. The lyrics, the little links back to other songs, the ending. Part of me wishes it had another verse & chorus but all in all it's still incredible. And the Monster Outro at the end is beautiful.

Last Hope* - Another highlight. I like the positivity in this and when the chorus kicks in the second time round it's just great.

Still Into You - This surprised me when I first heard it last month after SXSW. There's a Paramore quality to it but there's something quite poppy and different to it that I wasn't so sure of too. However, it's definitely grown on me and I love it now. 

Anklebiters* - The title of this intrigued me but the iTunes preview didn't have me too excited. But hearing the song in full it's definitely another favourite. Quite a nod back to the feelings on BNE which I like cause I've always said, as difficult as the situations that brought out the angsty songs in that era, they're some of my favourite ones Paramore have ever made. If only it were longer!

Interlude: Holiday - Hmm, I'm not sure. It's okay but at the same time lyrically it has this real quirkiness that I haven't heard from them before and I'm not sure if I like it or not. 

Proof - With all the experimenting and different styles that they've tried on this album (which is great and, for the most part, I like) I'm glad they made something that sounds like it could still fit onto one of their other albums. Really love the whole 'Do you love me?' part too!

Hate To See Your Heart Break - This is a strange one, but I think I like it. Need to listen to it more cause it's one of the ones I've paid less attention to but, as one of their slower songs, it's nice.

(One Of Those) Crazy Girls - I don't know why, but I feel this song belongs in a musical. I don't like choosing least favourites but I think this might be it for this album. But at the same time there's something about it that I like. I'm conflicted.

Interlude: I'm Not Angry Anymore - Interludes have been a hit and a miss so far but I like this one too. The quirky lyrics are still there slightly though, but overall it's good.

Be Alone* - I get a AWKIF feeling from this and I love it. The chorus is simple but I really like it for that plus the guitar sounds amazing.

Future - I love the vulnerability at the beginning of this and the lyrics are great. It gets even better when the drums, etc kick in but my only wish is that there'd been some sort of lyrics during that part. That said, seeing them simply rock out to this for 4ish minutes will still be good. And the random silence near the end? Confused... I don't really know why it's there and, in my opinion, would probably have sounded better if they'd either ended it there at about 5:40 or kept going till 8 but without stopping. 

All in all, an amazing album. I still don't where it sits in my favourites of theirs but I've always been conflicted because I love them all for different reasons. The experimental stuff paid off in my book as they still have their own sound that we've known and heard since the beginning. Everything sounds brilliant, they've all worked really hard and deserve huge success with this. 

And a side note, they HAVE to play LTFB live and then follow it/merge it with Part II. It's just crying out to be done.

(Marked my favourites with a * too cause that's a cool idea!)

I really liked your review!

I agree with the following things: the LTFB/Part II merger, that Be Alone has an AWKIF ring to it (was just thinking about it today!) and the favourites you chose! :D

God, every time I listen to Last Hope it just gets better and better. <3 I love how I can just lose myself in the middle of all those instruments and Hayley's heavenly long "ah"'s, towards the end. It's like it's taking me up on some clouds and leaves me floating there. Unbelievable!

This is what a Paramore song does!

i'm nowhere near eloquent enough to write a full review but for me...

• i like the full fast in my car a lot more than i thought i would based on the preview. the intro is INSANE (you can hear some real NIN influence here imo and it's great) and it's so much fun. love it.
  • grow up, part II, and proof are spot on still my top three. not necessarily in that order but yeah. those three and fast in my car + anklebiters are probably my favourites. ain't it fun is really fantastic too.
  • still into you has grown on me more now that i've heard it in context with the rest of the album.
  • interlude: moving on has grown on me (mostly for its lyrics) but i'm still not really digging the other ones.
  • really enjoying one bit of hate to see your heart break ('for all the things you're alive to feel, just let the pain remind you hearts can heal' bit) but the rest is still...boring? to me. it's alright but not the best. i wish it all sounded more like that one verse. last hope is definitely their better slow song on this album.
  • i wish future had a bit more kick to it in the end but i'm really liking it.
  • the rest (daydreaming, one of those crazy girls, be alone) are good but don't stand out as much as others that i've listed before. they're more like a 7 for me than 8-10.

overall really pleased with it and i STILL have it on repeat haha

I only have listend to the 'A side' of the record. I really liked fast in my car & grow up. Im excited for the other songs. I know I can listen to them now. But I want to wait. We (i) have waited so long for this album so a few more days without hearing them I will survive. Im gonna be so happy with my download from the store. And hopefully the deluxe set is gonna be send soon after aprik 9th.

• really enjoying one bit of hate to see your heart break ('for all the things you're alive to feel, just let the pain remind you hearts can heal' bit) but the rest is still...boring? to me. it's alright but not the best. i wish it all sounded more like that one verse. last hope is definitely their better slow song on this album

Totally get what you're saying here, that's probably my favourite part of the song!

I didn't get the time to listen to all of the album, I love it from Ain't it fun, my favourite so far, so soulful. 

I don't like  Fast In My Car Now  Grow Up and Daydreaming. Part II is amazing, the drums made me really happy inside. I think I could get into Last Hope; Still into you no comment,  I loved the energy of Anklebiters,  I love the interludes,  I like Proof, Hate to see your heart break, I like Hayley's lower range, the song is good but the chorus is a bit boring. 

That's what I got so far. Favourites so far : ain't it fun, Part II, Anklebiters 

I'll give a quick review of some highlights of mine.

Part II... HOLY CRAP AMAZING. Easily one of my favorites. I can say the same for Last Hope too, I was sobbing listening to it it's so great. Ain't It Fun and Anklebiters are great too. I didn't think I would like Fast In My Car but I really like it. Grow Up and Daydreaming are really good too. The Moving On Interlude is the best out of the three. The songs I'm not a huge fan of are Hate To See Your Heart Break and One Of Those Crazy Girls. Future is kind of eh and too long for no reason.

Overall, it's really great and I love it.

so here's my review of the new album.

first of all, i love it. it may be different than their other albums, but amazing nonetheless.
my favorites are part II, last hope and future. i absolutely loved part II from the moment i heard the preview. last hope is beautiful and has wonderful lyrics. and future totally blew my mind. i just cannot get over it. those guitars... sadskjfagfh. i get chills down my spine everytime i listen to it.
fast in my car, grow up and daydreaming are great too.
oh, and let's not forget ain't it fun! i never would've expected paramore to make a song like it, but it's just amazing. the chorus is so cacthy it always gets stuck in my head for days, haha.

i'm not a big fan of the interludes, they are okay though. 

i like the rest of the songs too. if i had to pick my least favorite, it would be hate to see your heart break. but there's nothing wrong with it, i just don't like it as much as the others.

A lot of people don't like hate to see your heart break from what I've seen, it's one of my favourites , I love the vulnerability in it and Hayley's vocals are amazing in this, her lower range is incredible. I'm not a big fan of the music behind when she sings the chorus but I saw the acoustic for BBC and I realy liked it. 

Great news! The well-known Metacritic awarded "Paramore" a glorious score of 85/100 ! This means the album has gained "universal acclaim"!

I'm so happy that the album is getting all this recognition and love, they really deserve it! <3

• Like 1

For me the album is phenomenal from start to finish. A few key standouts for me are "Ain't It Fun", "Grow Up", "Last Hope" and "Be Alone". I mean I really love them all but those are the ones I find myself playing over and over again. So excited to be getting my physical copy today! <3 Besides Rdio and the box set, does anybody know where we can buy the bonus tracks and not just stream them? i'm suprised there isn't a deluxe version being sold!

Update: You can purchase the tracks through Rdio and add them to your iTunes!

They're on YouTube! I listened to them; Escape Route has a riff throughout the whole song that I'm not particularly fond of, but the song just screams "old Paramore" and it's really nice. Native Tongue, on the other side, begins like Still Into You, only faster a bit. It would've fit just right next to SIY on the album :D I prefer NT to ER.

[Also, they're too freakin' short! NT could've easily been 4 minutes long. :( ]