'Paramore': April 9th

Successfully managing to confuse myself, seems so long since I pre-ordered it all. I got an e-mail with an update on the boxset saying that the standard vinyl should be shipped by April 12th and the boxset may be as late as the 25th. So basically by standard vinyl they mean the standard version of the album right? Then the boxset that's arriving by April 25th will have the CD, b-sides 7", poster, hoodie and book? 

Track by track review from Billboard! 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/1556626/paramore-paramore-track-by-track-review

At times, the explanations for the songs are simply ridiculous, like the one for Be Alone. Anyone could have written a better one, but at least it's a positive review!

(Btw, LOVING the new forum look, great job! )

• Like 1

I've been listening to this album for quite some time and to me it's without a doubt their best album so far. I just read an article on NY Times where see mentions that she is much into older stuff like Blondie, The Ramones and Shirelles. I think that shows on this album. Not that they sound like any of these bands, not at all, but like those bands Paramore can also make a great pop tune, even if they are labelled as a emoband or punkband or whatever they are named. On this album they are take a step in their own direction, just like the bands that Haley mentions.

What we get is a very versatile album. Just take the two singles as an example. One is a rocksong, the other a romantic popsong. Mixed into this we get interludes that binds the songs together, guitarsolos etc.

Also, I think that Hayleys voice sounds better on this album. Well, she has a great voice and on this album I think we get to she that she has a very versatile voice. There is a better balance between her voice and the music. On earlier albums they had a tendency to make music, like the guitar be the center of the songs. Her voice wasn't used to the bands benefits.

So I'm really impressed with this album. It shows that they've moved on. 

• Like 1

[ Source: http://bit.ly/17o4JMU ]

We are pleased to annouce that newely released, fourth studio, self-titled album by Paramore was officialy the best selling album from 9th April till 16th April! The album sold almost 105 thousand copies â€“ exactly 104,223copies according to the Hits Daily Double. The album easily took over Brad Paisley’s album (100,019) and Justin Timberlake’s longplay (97,757). The new Paramore’s album is also #1 in the United Kingdom – UK Albums, UK Rock Albums and UK Album Downloads Charts, – Australia and New Zealand. Congratulations Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor!

I can't express how excited I am for them!!

So I got this the day it came out and I have to say I am loving it so far. 

The general sound of the band has really evolved since Brand New Eyes- it's got less of a scrappier feel than Riot! and AWKIF had, and it has a slightly less polished sound that Brand New Eyes had, but still all that time they spent on making the album definitely wasn't wasted- the songwriting's a lot more mature and varied, and the song arrangements are a lot tighter- you've got the more rock tracks like 'Fast in My Car', 'Now' and 'Anklebiters', and also the more classic emotional tracks like 'Part II' and 'Future'. It really is a full package. :)

And the fact that the album's gone #1 in 8 different countries shows I'm not the only one who loves it!  8-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@TheParamoreBand  19h

Paramore’s new music video for “Anklebiters†premieres Tuesday, June 25th exclusively for members of http://paramore.net  - sign up now!

TEASER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Gyr12Ctuo

LE:

Hayley said on Twitter that Anklebiters is NOT their next single!

@TheParamoreBand it isn't our next single.

Retweeted by The Paramore Band

And also a fan asked why they're releasing a music video for it, Hayley answered:

@ParamoreFB we just thought we'd like to release something for that song cause it's become pretty special to us after the last tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There were a few songs on first listen that I wasn't keen on. Daydreaming was one of them but now it's one of my favourites on the album. I love the Interludes, and normally I'm not an interludes fan. I tend to skip them. Ain't It Fun is great and I love (One Of Those) Crazy Girls and Still Into You. Part II took it's time to grow on me but I love it.

In short, I can't wait to see them do these songs live in September!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So it's the end of the year and all of these magazines and websites are compiling their lists of favorite albums and songs of 2013. Here is how Paramore is doing so far:

ALBUM

Entertainment Weekly - Best Rock Album of 2013 / 6th Best Album of the Year

Alternative Press - 2nd of Ten Essential Albums of 2013

Drowned In Sound - 4th Favorite Album of the Year

SPIN - 11th out of 20 Best Pop Albums

Rocksound - 3rd Best Album out of 50

SINGLES

PureVolume - "Now" is the #1 Top Song of 2013

DIY - "Ain't It Fun" #10 of Top 100 Tracks of 2013

PERFORMANCES

Fuse - SXSW set is one of "The 10 Most Unforgettable Festival Moments of 2013"

You can vote for Paramore as the best album of 2013 in The Guardian's poll here, as well as nominate one of their songs as best track.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So it's the end of the year and all of these magazines and websites are compiling their lists of favorite albums and songs of 2013. Here is how Paramore is doing so far:

ALBUM

Entertainment Weekly - Best Rock Album of 2013 / 6th Best Album of the Year

Alternative Press - 2nd of Ten Essential Albums of 2013

Drowned In Sound - 4th Favorite Album of the Year

SPIN - 11th out of 20 Best Pop Albums

Rocksound - 3rd Best Album out of 50

SINGLES

PureVolume - "Now" is the #1 Top Song of 2013

DIY - "Ain't It Fun" #10 of Top 100 Tracks of 2013

PERFORMANCES

Fuse - SXSW set is one of "The 10 Most Unforgettable Festival Moments of 2013"

You can vote for Paramore as the best album of 2013 in The Guardian's poll here, as well as nominate one of their songs as best track.

I love this album.

I've voted for the album and "Now" on The Guardian's website. 

• 3 months later...