'Paramore': April 9th

I see a lot of folks outside the US complaining about FBR, and I want to clear this up now. FBR takes care of North America and sometimes (but rarely) the UK. They are a part of Warner Music Group, which is the label that takes care of anything international, including distribution, so if you live anywhere else in the world, you should be blaming Warner [insert name of your country/region], not FBR. There are literally about 10-12 people who work at FBR - WMG manages all the big stuff... even in the US, through Atlantic Records.

As far as the email that people who ordered the deluxe box set are getting, I'm thinking it has to do with the special book that comes with it because I haven't seen anyone who ordered any other box set receiving it (myself included). In that case, it's nothing to do with any label, it's the company that's producing the product. Something unfortunate happened, and they're going to take a little longer to get it together. It happens all the time.

i haven't received any emails about a delay but my box set was always going to be a few weeks late anyway

shipping to the true north strong and free~ has always been a joke

Did you order the crazy expensive limited edition box set? If so, maybe it's just an issue within Europe? I've only seen people from around the UK and Europe getting that email so far.

Haha, last time around, I remember preordering the BNE boxset from Canada cause it was cheaper. I actually got it a day or two early.

Did you order the crazy expensive limited edition box set? If so, maybe it's just an issue within Europe? I've only seen people from around the UK and Europe getting that email so far.

Haha, last time around, I remember preordering the BNE boxset from Canada cause it was cheaper. I actually got it a day or two early.

i ordered whatever one came with the hoodie haha

maybe it is a regional thing?

see, i ordered from the canadian store because i'm from canada....and it was still late

i ordered whatever one came with the hoodie haha

maybe it is a regional thing?

see, i ordered from the canadian store because i'm from canada....and it was still late

Yeah, that's the deluxe set, haha. I think you're right about it being a regional thing. Maybe they just aren't having issues with the North American manufacturer.

I've heard some horror stories about Canada Post in the past. I used to work for a record label that would send purchased items to Canada, and it would take weeks. Here, I sold a book on Amazon to someone in Hawaii, sent it the cheapest way possible (media mail, which they say could take up to two weeks), and it got to them in a few days. I was amazed.

Once it leaves the US, the USPS has nothing to do with it anymore though. Maybe it's customs from the US that takes forever? Royal Mail has always been super quick for me as well.

A member of the LJ community also emailed them and asked about the b-sides that are on the 7" vinyl, and Dan from FBR said that we would also be getting those as mp3s on April 9th as well. That's a pretty big bonus cause they were originally exclusive to that 7", and no one knew if or when we would be getting them digitally. :)

• Like 1

Some good things have come out of this! I could have spent the time converting the b-sides, but now I don't have to. ;)

Yeah, could've been worse. It could've been like that new Death Cab box set that cost $250 a piece, and when people got them, they were mislabeled and now have to be reprinted and re-sent to customers. lol

As long as I get the new album on the 9th, I'm happy. :)

yeah so...i'm going to interrupt you guys for a second.

i won't be posting links and i hope i don't get in trouble for this, but the album's already leaked on the internet. apparently some stores in Argentina (!) have already started selling the album. from there on it's history :P

Understandably, the Paramore are pretty pissed about it leaking.

Not kidding, if I was the only fan with the album I'd be totally selfish and keep it to myself. I mean, I'm not saying I didn't listen, cause I did, but I do feel sorry for Paramore cause they've worked so hard and it just got leaked. At the end of the day, it's done now.

Yeah, there are so many things about this album that got leaked that they wanted to keep secret and surprise us with: for example, the fact that they were playing "Still Into You" at SXSW leaked and even the 4 Sides / 4 Nights thing... which was announced by WMG Germany, even though they wanted to surprise us all with it on Monday. Now the album is put out early in Argentina and gets leaked in a matter of hours. 

I can't bring myself to listen to it just yet cause I feel like every surprise or special moment they had planned for this album's release has been ruined. :( I want to be excited for one thing when they actually want me to be excited about it, if that makes sense.

^ I get what you're saying.

I was thinking I wouldn't listen to the album until Friday, but screw that, I was too excited!

Like watchthesky said, new favorite Paramore album, hats down.

The only thing that will bug me forever about the album is that "Part II" could have had a MUCH better title than the current one.

By the way, are there any Neon Trees fans here? "Last Hope" sounds so reminiscent of their song "Trust"! It's great.

i get what you say too, but i'm not a very patient person, i don't feel too guilty for listening. i don't feel like i ruined the excitement for myself because i was and still am excited about it :D

it's amazing that everyone seems to love this album (but no one is talking about that, only stupid arguments ugh), i hope it will be huge, they deserve it

and like kayla said, new favourite album, i was waiting for them to write an album like this, totally worth the wait

i hope what i typed makes any sense lol

honestly...at the end of the day this shit happens all the time

doesn't make it right but it is what it is and i'm surprised it didn't leak earlier

if you're patient enough to wait great, if you're not that's fine too

the only person capable of ruining your excitement is yourself

it's the first paramore leak i've listened to and i don't feel bad for listening to it

tumblr_mbw8byK8Ct1qjwf6bo5_250.gif

as for the album itself i still have it on repeat, seriously can't get enough

can't believe i was nervous about not liking it!

even songs i'm not that crazy about have grown on me a bit more than i expected them to

it's a shame promotion has been such a disaster

honestly...at the end of the day this shit happens all the time

doesn't make it right but it is what it is and i'm surprised it didn't leak earlier

if you're patient enough to wait great, if you're not that's fine too

the only person capable of ruining your excitement is yourself

it's the first paramore leak i've listened to and i don't feel bad for listening to it

tumblr_mbw8byK8Ct1qjwf6bo5_250.gif

as for the album itself i still have it on repeat, seriously can't get enough

can't believe i was nervous about not liking it!

even songs i'm not that crazy about have grown on me a bit more than i expected them to

it's a shame promotion has been such a disaster

I feel the same way. Nowadays you kind of have to expect it to leak, as awful as that is.

I also agree with "the only person capable of ruining the excitement is yourself"

you shouldn't let what other fans decide to do stress you out.

As for the album, I think I'll wait a little to give a full assessment. But I do love it and songs I thought I wouldn't aren't actually bad at all.

at least it came from a fan who actually bought the album and not some shady dick who leaked a lq promo as usual

seriously though it really does happen all the time and getting fussy about it doesn't help anyone

and i've seen so many people mad because people are posting lyrics and things like...

"you're ruining the excitement for other people!!!"

nah man, people are sharing their own excitement as they have every right to

you're choosing to let it ruin yours