How Are The PF Boards Running For You?

Chriss

Hey all,

Ever since we switched over to the new forum, we've had reports of it loading very slowly or not at all for some members. For a lot of us, this has gotten better over time, and while the boards are sometimes a little slower than other sites, we're still able to get on and enjoy them, but we've also noticed people commenting saying that they don't come here a lot anymore because of how slow the pages load.

So we wanted to ask...

How are the boards running for you? Does it take a while to load each page or is it just as fast as any other site you visit?

Also, what kind of computer/Operating System/Internet browser are you using? Is your computer brand new or a few years old? Things like this can make all the difference, and we just want to know where everyone is at, technology-wise.

Any feedback and comments are appreciated. We really want to have things back in full-force before the new album comes out, and the only way to do that is to see what you guys all think of PF.com. :)

For me, it seems that the boards are a little slower and take longer to load than they used to but not enough for me to get tired of waiting and stop using the boards. It's a shame people don't visit the boards more often but I don't know if that's because their interest with Paramore has faded or because they've just grown out of it. It'll be interesting when they release new music to see if more people get involved though.

I'm not entirely sure if the boards don't run too slowly for me because my laptop is only a year old and still runs smoothly. I have an Asus N55S and alternate between using Mozilla and Chrome.

Don't know if that's any help. Sorry ahah (:

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people also moved over to Twitter and Tumblr. Both are great sites, but I've always liked the sense of community I get from forums. It's a lot more of a conversation. I'm also interested to see what happens here when the new album comes out.

Thanks for the input! Hopefully we'll hear from others as well, and we can decide if it's the boards or people's computer setups... or just other social media sites. It'd be awesome to have these boards even half as lively as they used to be. :)

The pages can load slowly at times, but it isn't horrible for me. It is usually at its slowest when I'm trying to start a new thread. I use a brand new MacBook Pro with Google Chrome as my browser. I sign in with Twitter, if that is a helpful tidbit of information at all.

• 7 months later...

It's so weird to predict because, for me, it's not lightning fast, but it's pretty quick, and then for other people it'll be slow as hell.

We've kind of figured out that it's our host site cutting our usage. One of these days, we might have to switch to somebody else. :/

• 3 weeks later...

It's slow for me as well. Other people keep telling me it's fine, somehow. And our host claims it's running fine. I've been wanting to move us to a new host, but with some people saying it's loading fine, I'm unsure of how widespread this is, or if other people's perception of what is "slow" and "fast" are just different than mine haha.

But I am aware of it. We're keeping an eye on this issue.