"Now" Music Video

Caitlyn

The new music video for “Now†is up on Youtube and Paramore.net. If you missed MTV's First, where the video first premiered, it is available in its entirety on MTV.com.

MTV also released a behind the scenes look at the band on the set of “Now,†which you can watch

The full music video for now is just below:

• Like 1

James Montgomery from MTV wrote a really short, but great article about the music video. 

I love how it was something different (like "Now" in general) than what they've done before, but still very much Paramore. The whole thing was pretty captivating; it even had my dad and brother sitting on the couch, not saying a word during the entire thing (amen). I think the music video emphasizes how Hayley, Taylor, and Jeremy all have important roles in the band and they are this strong unit that nothing can break apart. If you look at two sides warring with each other, you know both "armies" have to stand united within themselves. Any sort of conflict that divides them is going to capsize the group as a whole.

this video is the reason why I'll never be able to let go of Paramore completely, the ending made me cry, when you know all that happened, it's so powerful. Taylor is incredible in the end, you can tell they all were really hurt about what happened. I really can relate to this song I've been at war with things in my life for too long and I know how it feels when you release yourself from all that. The video is brilliant even if the sound and the video don't match perfectly, it would have worked better with a heavier song, it's a bit weird to see a war with a really poppy song but they're Paramore and unique like that :) 

• Like 1

^ I don't get it either. She's not really playing "Hayley"... it's almost like she's playing a character that brings peace to anyone who gets close to her (the first guy goes to hit her and then can't when he sees her, and of course the general at the end with the hug), so she's supposed to look different. It's part of the story.

Honestly, there are just some fans who complain cause they have nothing better to do. I'm certainly not expecting every fan to love everything that Paramore does, but when they're complaining about her hair or makeup, it's like "Really??" lol

I'm kind of surprised by "Now" as both a song and video... obviously I knew a bunch of us would love it regardless, but the ones that I expected not to like it are in love with it, and the ones that I thought would be totally stoked on it can't stand it. Very weird.

I didn't think I would like it but I actually do. Her makeup is weird but I understand why it's not and I'm not really complaining about it just stating that I don't like it.

I really love the video and it has even made me like the song more

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...