Atlas Genius

Bogdan.

Atlas_Genius-16229-530x330.png

Atlas Genius is an indie rock band from AdelaideSouth Australia. The band consists of vocalist and guitarist Keith Jeffery, his brothers Michael on drums and Steven on bass and Darren Sell on keyboards.[1] Their first single, "Trojans", was released on 4 May 2011 and in the USA the video premiered on MTV2's show 120 Minuteson 13 January 2012.The single has been in rotation on Sirius XM's Alt Nation channel. "Trojans" received favourable reviews from the music review website Clixie Music, calling the song "a big-hitter". Other reviewers called the song "slick"and "a solid summer jam".In the USA it has charted on Billboard's Alternative Songschart, peaking so far at No. 4 .In the UK the song received airplay from XFM and Radio One, and reached no. 82 in the Alternative Airplay Chart. Keith Jeffery describes their music as influenced by bands like Death Cab for CutieThe Police, and Beck.

The group was signed to Warner Bros. Records and released their debut EP, titled Through the Glass on 12 June 2012. To support their EP, they embarked on a U.S. tour during August and September 2012.[9] Their track 'If So' has been chosen to feature on FIFA 13. 

Their debut album When It Was Now was released February 19th.

Info taken from Wikipedia.

I've discovered these guys because iTunes chose to promote one of their songs,"Symptoms",as their Single of the Week. It's a really catchy song,and so I decided to check their album out as well,which is even better. Filled with slick dance jams (Electric,Trojans) and catchy hooks everywhere (Don't Make a Scene,Back Seat),it's an album that won't disappoint! My personal favorite is the opener,"Electric".

Oh,did I mention they're touring with Imagine Dragons? What a great combo!!

Check out their songs below!

• 5 months later...

They're touring a lot, and if you get a change to see them live, do so!!  I've seen them perform in person three times in the past  few months and, as good as they are recorded, they're even more energetic on stage!

I am kind of addicted to the song If So right now.