MTV's Musical March Madness 2013

Caitlyn

It’s that time of year again! Paramore is gearing up for this year’s March Madness. With the release of their fourth album just around the corner, the band is hoping that 2013 will be their year. Jeremy, Hayley, and Taylor spoke to MTV about the competition as well as created a video to rally fans.

Click here to see the bracket.

PAST ROUNDS:

Round 1: Paramore (70.61%) vs. Portugal. The Man (29.39%) *WON*

Round 2: Paramore (61.18%) vs. Metallica (38.82%) *WON*

Round 3: Paramore (51.44%) vs. Linkin Park (48.56%) *WON*

Round 4: Paramore (49.73%) vs. Ed Sheeran ( 50.27%) *LOST*

I know he's big over there, but not so much over here. I mean, you can say he has a pretty nice fan base because of his tour with One Direction, but to the general public, they don't know who he is. "The A Team" is the only song that gets played but no one knows his name. He's been nominated for a few awards over here (like the Grammys), but he doesn't ever win anything.

I'm too scared to look at what's happening...

I know he's big over there, but not so much over here. I mean, you can say he has a pretty nice fan base because of his tour with One Direction, but to the general public, they don't know who he is. "The A Team" is the only song that gets played but no one knows his name. He's been nominated for a few awards over here (like the Grammys), but he doesn't ever win anything.

I'm too scared to look at what's happening...

basically this

i know ed's been pretty big in the UK for a while but he's not over here, the general public are just starting to figure out who he is

voting for him because he's my favourite solo artist right now and paramore's already had this kind of exposure with MTV

it was at 50.05% (paramore) and 49.95% (ed) two minutes ago

Now it's exactly 50-50.

I was surprised to see that 3 out of the 4 places that are battling for that top spot are the tied just the same: 49-50, more or less. Only Tokio Hotel has 87% against Florence and the Machine.

Well Ed Sheeran beat Paramore really unfairly, if you were among the ones who were voting in the last hour you know what i'm talking about. During the last hour and a half of voting, the polls were either working or voting for Paramore wasn't possible, you could only vote for Ed. When it was working, Paramore was leading with 53%. In the end, Sheeran won with 60.12%.

Really annoyed and disappointed with this.