The Hunger Games

watchthesky

i did a search for this and didn't find anything? SERIOUSLY GUYS?

(unless i'm blind in which case you can ignore me)

but anyway the catching fire trailer was just released and i'm not saying that i'm crying and shaking and covered in goosebumps right now but i'm not saying that i'm not either...

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

• Like 1

I thought Mockingjay was good, but it was a way different feel. To me it felt very doom and gloom compared to the other two.

Especially the exploding of all the children and Prim, which was quite a stinger. I felt it was necessary to tie together the central theme but jeez it got depressing. Not to mention Katniss was all on drugs for a lot of the book.

it definitely had its depressing moments but i feel like it had a lot of strength beneath all that and it had a poignant ending etc, everything worked out for the most part so...it kind of balances out?

idk, it helped me start to get over a lot of personal shit i wasn't dealing with very well so i'm pretty attached to it

well the whole series did but parts of mockingjay in particular

It's not that I hated it or that it was awful. It was just very depressing and unexpected. The war wasn't unexpected, just the outcome. 

But I have to say that it was realistic, and I appreciate Suzanne Collins for not giving a fairytale ending.

And Finnick...  :cry:

It honestly kind of broke my heart, though. I dramatically crawled to the kitchen and lay there so everyone had to step over me and ask me why I wasn't moving.  

It's not that I hated it or that it was awful. It was just very depressing and unexpected. The war wasn't unexpected, just the outcome. 

But I have to say that it was realistic, and I appreciate Suzanne Collins for not giving a fairytale ending.

And Finnick...  :cry:

It honestly kind of broke my heart, though. I dramatically crawled to the kitchen and lay there so everyone had to step over me and ask me why I wasn't moving.  

i made sure i was alone in my room for this very reason haha

i cried through at least half the book

• 2 months later...

hopefully this time around the media and general public will pick up what this series is actually about and not focus on the 'love triangle' or try and make it look more violent than it is

that really bothered me about the first film

it was grossly misrepresented imo

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I can't wait for it to come out!!!! I loved the books and the first movie was great. Super excited for this one. Only 1 WEEK!!!!!! Like I said, the first movie was great but they left a lot of important details out. But still a great movie. Plus I might kinda sorta have a fan crush on Josh Hucherson?? Aaannyyy way....... who's up for some Hunger Games geek talk? :oops: :)

• Like 1

I love The Hunger Games. I'm going to read the books again this summer.... except my boyfriend's old roommate stole my copy of Mockingjay. I cannot wait for Catching Fire to come out.

LOL. To bad I don't know you, you could borrow mine! :D I almost cried when they got Peeta back though. How can you make him HATE Katniss??? :cry: But still loved it! Kind of a dark but realistic ending.