The Hunger Games

watchthesky

I managed to find someone to go with me last night to see it. The theater was still packed and a couple of show times were even sold out. It was really good! There is virtually nothing to complain about. I know some people said it was too long but I would have to disagree. I got so sucked up into the story that the two and a half hours flew by. But everything is timed perfectly and the casting was done very well. 

I forgot how handsome Sam Claflin is.  :uhh:

^ agreed with everything

it was definitely a long movie but it didn't feel long, everything was needed and interesting and it was timed well and the cast and effects were perfect

i saw it again yesterday and i want to see it a third time now haha

i forgot how in love with josh i am

LOL. To bad I don't know you, you could borrow mine! :D I almost cried when they got Peeta back though. How can you make him HATE Katniss??? :cry: But still loved it! Kind of a dark but realistic ending.

There is an option to put this type of stuff in spoiler. Please Hayley, I beg of you to use it. I am behind (by like 3 years.)

I can't wait for it to come out!!!! I loved the books and the first movie was great. Super excited for this one. Only 1 WEEK!!!!!! Like I said, the first movie was great but they left a lot of important details out. But still a great movie. Plus I might kinda sorta have a fan crush on Josh Hucherson?? Aaannyyy way....... who's up for some Hunger Games geek talk? :oops:  :)

LOL

^ That is fine. Honestly, I don't know how to get that on there either.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

It's just in fifth grade, my friends ruined Rue's you know. I don't want anymore to get ruined for me.

I hope that didn't ruin anything for those who are further behind.

I am going to stop talking now. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys!

Normally if a film franchise is based on a series of books I'll read them before seeing the film(s) but I never got round to reading "The Hunger Games" before seeing some of the films. I saw the first one at the cinema with a bunch of friends, though I wasn't all that into it.

I've since seen "Catching Fire" on Netflix and still didn't really 'get' it, if you like.

I bought the books from HMV recently. I've really enjoyed them. I've bought the "The Hunger Games"/"Catching Fire"/"Mockingjay: Part 1" on DVD. I have not yet finished reading "Mockingjay" so I'm trying to hold off watching that film until I have.

I am at this moment watching the first film again. I'm definitely enjoying it more this time around.

i think a lot of people who saw the films (particularly the first one) without reading the books first were pretty confused as to what it was actually about because the marketing for it was really backwards

glad you're enjoying it now though! it's a wonderful series and i can't wait for mockingjay part 2

• 3 weeks later...