Paramore Earn First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200

Chriss

I thought this deserved it's own post cause it's been a LONG time coming...

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

PARAMORE EARNS FIRST NO. 1 ALBUM ON BILLBOARD 200
by Keith Caufield | April 17, 2013 10:57 AM EDT

Rock band Paramore nabs its first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 this week, beating out Brad Paisley, who debuts at No. 2. The former's self-titled set starts with 106,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan, while Paisley's Wheelhouselaunches with 100,000.

For Paramore, it's the trio's first album since 2009's Brand New Eyes, which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with a 175,000 start. The new album's lead single, "Now," slipped off the Alternative Songs chart this week, after peaking at No. 13 in March.

Paramore is the second chart-topper for its label, Fueled by Ramen. The company earlier hit the top with Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High on Feb. 24, 2007.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/chart-alert/1558370/paramore-earn-first-no-1-album-on-billboard-200

A huge congratulations is in order for the band, but I also want to congratulate every Paramore fan out there who bought the album... without that, Paramore would never have gotten this far. This one's for all of us. :)

• Like 1

I'm not surprised at this news. The album is excellent. I've been listening to it almost constantly since it's release. It hit number 1 in the UK last week, but us Brits are bit quicker on the uptake than you guys ! :razz:

I'm expecting 'Still Into You' to top the UK singles charts too !

YES YES YES!  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

It's absolutely incredible, they deserved something like this after everything they've been through. And the album is simply stellar, it deserves to stay on top of the charts till next year!

Really proud of them!  :wub: