Paramore Fan Club & Ticketing News

Caitlyn

The status of the Paramore Fan Club has been up in the air for awhile now, but the band just made a post on their website about it. The news impacts all fans, so be sure to read it:

Earlier this year we let you know that we were making some changes to our website and announced that we wanted to offer a different experience to our fans. Hopefully you all are loving the new layout of the website and how mobile friendly it is.

Today we would like to let you know that we are no longer going to have a paid fan club like we did with the Paramore Fan Club. We feel like it limited many of you who still wanted access to the content, community, meet n greets and pre-sale tickets but who were not members of PFC.

We want to open up these opportunities to more fans so starting today, all you need to do is make sure you’re a member of Paramore.net!

As an official member of Paramore.net, you will get the chance to participate in special presales, early entry to venues, meet n greets, limited merch items and new content. So make sure you sign up no matter what part of the world you live in.

We really want to give as many of you as possible a chance to enjoy these perks and we want to say a special thank you to all the PFC members who joined throughout the years.

We just announced more dates in September and we are going to give all Paramore.net members the first chance to buy tickets early starting tomorrow.

We will also offer some new ticketing options to help get tickets in your hands and not the ticket brokers. We saw way too many of you complaining about this when our last dates went on sale and we are doing our best to minimize that. So in response to that, you will see us implement paperless ticketing, special pricing and limited bundles for certain seats as we try to keep ticket prices lower but secure for you to purchase. More about this in the coming days when we roll out our official Paramore ticketing policy.

So please make sure you’re on the email list and watch out for more info on our special presales we are doing for all our tours moving forward. This will give many more the option to get tickets before they sell out.

Thank you,
Hayley, Jeremy & Taylor / Paramore

More details about these changes will probably be released sometime in the near future. To read the original post by the band, click here.

I've been in tears about this all night. It was not only a place to win EE/M&G and presales and contests it was a family to me. I met my best friends through the PFC. .net just doesn't live up to that community feel. On top of this M&G/EE and presales will be IMPOSSIBLE to get anymore.

Also I've been a Mod/Ambassador of the PFC since 2010 and I have put so much time and effort into making things run smoothly for the members and trying to help out the best I can. I put my heart and soul into it so I feel pretty crushed.

• Like 1

Don't think this is the end of any sort of fan club/community. Artist Arena did a horrible job, especially in the past few years. You Ambassadors seemed like the only ones trying to improve it and they wouldn't even listen to you, and the band and label were very unhappy with that (because AA wouldn't listen to them either). Just give them time to sort it all out. I feel like they closed the PFC when they did so they didn't have to do another tour with AA not caring about it.

I, for one, am glad that Artist Arena is out of the picture. Lately it seemed like they wanted our money and nothing else and the band/FBR had to push for them to actually hold up their end of the deal. It's time for something new. :)

And in the mean time, we've got this here Message Board. Everybody left high and dry after the PFC closing is more than welcome to come here. ;)

PF has been a longer lasting and free community for a while. I hope PFC members realize that we can be what they need. If they want topless admins or something to get their interest, I will take off my shirt while posting. Look how exciting and wild and crazy we can be! And in a good way. Not like wild and crazy in a batshit ridiculous failure to contact members, send merch on time, etc.

I was only partially serious about that last paragraph. But if people want a community to chat and scheme and get together to make lifelong friends, it has always been there for them. For free. We might not be able to get them meet and greets and stuff, but neither can the PFC anymore lol so wee look at us go. Maybe we'll do a contest once one of us can afford to buy extra merch to give away, or stumbles across old rare items we have collected over the years that we feel like parting ways with. 

We live on the edge. Who knows what we'll do next. Look out, world!

• Like 1

Nowadays it seems like most people just use social networks instead of fansites. It's pretty lame. The VE fansite had everything it needed, but people just preferred to go on Twitter to talk to other fans. If people had a reason to actually visit this place frequently, I'm sure they'd love it here. It just needs some mojo or something...I mean, the forum itself has already peaked at the badass meter. We need special contests and prizes. Everyone loves free shit! 

Edit: yeah...what Dustin said. 

Edited by Scott!

Eh, the whole PFC thing. I appreciate all the work Mods/Ambassadors did, and I get that .net doesn't have a community feel, so it's kind of disappointing that it's gone.

But I always sort of preferred here to PFC, I always felt that people were so much more friendly and willing to get to know you. It's probably just me, but I didn't feel like I could post in the PFC forums, so it was $30 a year (not including the P&P for the UK) just going to waste.

I know that it means I probably won't get to meet the band ever again, but I'm glad I got the opportunity once. I just feel bad for those that missed out.

I know it's not PFC related, but I was also pissed at how badly the UK presales were organised. I got sent an email at 10AM for presales that started at 9 I think when I was in college. Useless.

Eh, the whole PFC thing. I appreciate all the work Mods/Ambassadors did, and I get that .net doesn't have a community feel, so it's kind of disappointing that it's gone.

But I always sort of preferred here to PFC, I always felt that people were so much more friendly and willing to get to know you. It's probably just me, but I didn't feel like I could post in the PFC forums, so it was $30 a year (not including the P&P for the UK) just going to waste.

I know that it means I probably won't get to meet the band ever again, but I'm glad I got the opportunity once. I just feel bad for those that missed out.

I know it's not PFC related, but I was also pissed at how badly the UK presales were organised. I got sent an email at 10AM for presales that started at 9 I think when I was in college. Useless.

i felt the same way

never bothered with the forums and pre-sales/m&g/etc didn't really do me any good because they don't tour near me

i used them twice the first year i was a member and then never again

unless you were american or posted on the boards it was pretty much useless lbr

The PFC was definitely a popularity contest of who was a better fan, people parading how many shows they have been to, etc. at times. I got that vibe a lot. It wasn't as welcoming and inviting to people.

We will always try to be welcoming to everyone here. We are very self-aware, which I don't think many people on the PFC were. The last thing we want is to make people feel unwelcome or have people shy away from speaking up and chatting.

But yeah, most people moved to twitter and tumblr and such and that's totally fine. It's a very convenient new way of communicating real fast and easy. But for those who want to say more than just a quick blurb of text will always be welcome here. It definitely won't get as busy as before since that was a different time in the Internet when many people went to forums for stuff. But I don't think they are no longer needed, just used for different purposes now. We certainly won't let the activity change affect our commitment to providing a place for fans to chat, get news, share media, and make new friends.

• Like 1

Yeah but a few years ago those people who were making it a popuarity contest left so it became ALOT better and I know that from experience. I love th PFC with all of my heart and I'm still pretty upset that it's gone.

I can understand, if you were an active member, that it must be difficult and a huge bummer, but I also never felt welcome. If anything, for me, I felt like the few people who did talk to me only talked to me cause I run PF, and they thought they could get an "in" with me (sorry to burst anyone's bubble, this position does not come with any special perks - I do it cause I love it). Even then I still got ignored a lot. I remember when they were trying to plan that Nashville Convention, and I got my internship at FBR. Someone actually asked me if I wanted to give up my spot now that I was at the label - I wasn't hanging out with Paramore every day while I was there... I never even saw them at the office. That's when I knew they didn't like me and wanted me out of their group. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great PFC members that I'm friends with, but I met most of them at shows.

I don't know. The band wasn't happy with Artist Arena and neither was FBR, so why keep it going? AA was basically being paid to sit on their asses, ignore us, and feed us false promises. The band is hopefully going to come back with something much cooler that they actually approve of, so I think that's awesome.

• Like 1

I wasn't really ever a very active member of  the PFC, but I did renew it once or twice on the chance of possibly winning a M&G or EE, but that didn't happen. And now the chance will be even more slim. 

Oh well, I guess saving $30.00 a year is a plus from the club breaking from Artist Arena. 

• 2 months later...

This is sort of related, I guess.

PFC has been closed down (whether temporarily or not, we don't know. All I know is that I tried to log on to the PFC boards this morning and got re-directed to .net). I tried logging into .net but my username is mimi_29 apparently instead of my PFC username (mimicole).

I don't know what to do. I know that we (PFC) have a little badge against our name but I don't know if I'm gonna lose mimicole as a username. :(

This is sort of related, I guess.

PFC has been closed down (whether temporarily or not, we don't know. All I know is that I tried to log on to the PFC boards this morning and got re-directed to .net). I tried logging into .net but my username is mimi_29 apparently instead of my PFC username (mimicole).

I don't know what to do. I know that we (PFC) have a little badge against our name but I don't know if I'm gonna lose mimicole as a username. :(

I think you can change it under 'account settings'. I'm sure I've seen people do that!

i learned my lesson about the .net forums after arguing with honestly the most insufferable twat i've ever come across on the internet haha i can't even look at them now without getting mad

Hey Kayla! Good to "meet" you - I know exactly what you mean about certain .net individuals. I'm pleased to say that just about everybody I got to know on the PFC forums were lovely people - and I get that same feel here. Hope I get to know you (and others) better over the coming weeks, months and years!