The Self-Titled Tour

Caitlyn

Yay! Congrats! :D

thank youuu :D

I want all of that merch. I may have to splurge on that hoodie cause it looks awesome!

Congratulations! Have you ever met the band before? :D

i'm so nervous omg it's been so long and i'm like quiet and awkward by nature what am i going to SAY what am i going to wear what am i going to get signed idek

it's exciting though

maybe they'll focus on the fact that my nails are a really bright and obnoxious pink and not actually on me hahaha

hopefully the flight goes smoothly because i'm not expected to land in vancouver until 3 and i need to be at the venue before 5

dunanana race against time

• Like 1

wow what a night

was pretty sure i was actually going to miss the m&g at one point because our flight was (of course) late and traffic was a nightmare but thankfully whoever runs the show was late too, they hadn't collected anyone yet so i just made it

taylor is SO NICE, i got a high five and a hug and he was the most chatty

hayley was supposed to be on vocal rest but kind of whispered to everybody anyway

her and jeremy complimented by soco hoodie i feel like i've accomplished something in life

ended up front row for the show which was also really fantastic

(i actually had seated tickets but they kind of just let us loose after the m&g and no one was checking tickets so i stole the opportunity oops sorry)(not actually sorry at all)

i still have a bit of a bone to pick with the setlist but they were on top form and the crowd was super into it

it was really nice to experience them like that again because i haven't had m&g and front row since 2007

didn't fully realise how much i missed them

also i definitely cried during in the mourning

wish i had brought my actual camera because i could have scored some really nice photos and probably video but ah well

i obviously wasn't expecting to be that close

got a few alright ones from my phone though that i edited up for instagram and whatnot

i realise no one here follows me on there so i'm gonna post them here under a spoiler thing

IMG_2257_zps9ceda61d.jpg

IMG_2258_zps36c50c49.jpg

IMG_2259_zpsa04efe43.jpg

IMG_2261_zpsd2b17977.jpg

IMG_2262_zps66db914c.jpg

IMG_2263_zps4ed9abc8.jpg

IMG_2264_zps270b9ae2.jpg

IMG_2266_zps5b58cc5f.jpg

A+ night would do it again

• Like 1

^^ Awesome pictures!  I didn't realise the confetti was shaped like butterfiles!

Our show in San Jose last night was wondrous -- I kind of wish I had decided to see a couple of additional dates now.

The paperless tickets thing was confusing and hence we were about 20 rows back instead of closer up where I like, but our family and friends had an amazing time, sang our hearts out, jumped and danced and jumped some more. The production is really good, and there are some fun surprises throughout.

Make ALL your friends go to this show... my friends, daughter and I dragged along my wife and son -- who claim "not to really like Paramore" -- and even those stalwart naysayers had a great time and thought the quality of the stage show was impressive.

Small gallery: http://parentsguidetoconcerts.tumblr.com/post/64503223138/my-favorite-moments-at-the-paramore-self-titled

More pictures: http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/martinhardee/library/Paramore%20-%20Metric%20-%20hellogoodbye%2018-Oct-2013

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The crowd last night in Montreal was sparse unfortunately...

The sides sections were pretty full and the floor had a good showing but the back 3 sections were practically empty. I can't imagine that would be very inspiring to have directly in front of you the whole night but they did an amazing job and the crowd sounded like a full house at least.

The last headlining show I saw was before Riot came out...so it was awesome to hear so many songs live for the first time/I had to try and hold back ugly tears for like 90% of the night. I'm just so amazed by the production value, it doesn't quite feel real yet.

• Like 1

May somethingth, Phoenix Concert Theatre! That was the show I was supposed to interview them for here but they "were delayed at the border" so they got me into the meet and greet instead. I also have a hilarious video of Pressure where a guy jumped off the stage to crowd surf and landed right on top of me.

I hope they weren't…discouraged? Hayley didn't tweet, or retweet anything after the show haha Perhaps I am reading too much into it but it would suck if they were turned off Canada as a result. 

may 4th, it was the night before my 16th haha i could never forget that night even if i tried

she tweeted a couple times after vancouver and said they really needed to do a proper canadian tour (really, you think?)

idk...i hope they weren't discouraged either and she just got distracted or fell asleep or something

we'll see what the reaction in toronto is like

Didn't get to post this the other day, but I got a DM on Twitter from Jon Howard right before the CT show started. And then hung out afterward. It was probably better than the entire show, haha. Also got a wave from him during the show. One of the nicest guys in music. It's no wonder he tours with Paramore. All really nice people doing nice people things. Can't go wrong with that. And for any General Ghost fans, you'll like what's coming in the future (can't say how soon, didn't go that far into detail)!

106.PNG

280.png

Jon Howard is one awesome dude. I also think this should become Paramore's new slogan: "All really nice people doing nice people things."

I agree. Because that's what Paramore has always been (as you know). They also surround themselves with super nice people (like Jon). And that's one way to always have a good head on your shoulders and never lose sight of the goal. And it keeps them humble and down-to-earth. When a band makes you want to just give them hugs all of the time, you know they are doing everything right.