Altered Sky

caman

Apologies if there is already a thread for this band - I did a search but as a newbie it might not have been exhaustive! Altered Sky are Scottish, they are my friends, they have a female vocalist AND a female drummer... and I love them, having seen them 27 times so far. It's also a really exciting time for them - they headlined Camden Barfly in London last week and will be supporting We Are The In Crowd in Edinburgh next week. If you haven't come across them yet, here is their latest video. Hope you enjoy them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izwAZkLGwKE

• Like 1

They shot a new video last week for their next single and it's a LOT of fun! It will be released in the run-up to the launch of their next EP, which will tie in with a headline show on the main stage at the Garage in Glasgow in November - the first date of their third UK tour.

• 2 months later...

I've been hearing about Altered Sky for quite some time, as Ross is a huge fan/friend of the band as well. This new video is pretty awesome, and I'm psyched that they're getting attention from Kerrang! for it!

Do they have a label or do they do all of this themselves? If that's the case, I'm amazed!

The band are unsigned (so far!) and fund everything themselves, juggling their music with their day jobs like so many up-and-coming bands. But they have a busy few months ahead.

They are in the process of clinching a management deal which should give them exposure in North America and the Far East.

They have been "adopted" by Braehead Clan ice hockey club near Glasgow as their match day band and will make their debut with an acoustic set at this Saturday's game.

They begin their third UK tour with a headline show on the main stage at the Garage in Glasgow on November 2nd (Tonight Alive played on the same stage this month) - I'll be on tour with them as driver/roadie/merch guy/whatever needs doing!

They have a new EP Stop and Live ready for release, with plans for their first full-length album next year.

And they have a mini tour to the Netherlands scheduled for March.

They did all their own stunts for the Where I Belong video, including a nailbiting climb into the trees, and it was all shot in one day.

Oh, and did I mention they are all lovely people too!

They would welcome more followers on Twitter and Facebook to spread the word and share the love :smile:

• Like 1

So many cool things going on in the Altered Sky universe! Wow!

Not sure how far off a visit to America is for them, but I'd be at whatever shows I could be if they came over. :)

Not to mention, PF.com featured them as our Band To Watch before our current BTW, Tonight Alive. ;)

Here's the feature, if you want to check it out. Ross did an awesome job with it:

http://paramorefans.com/the-fans/band-to-watch/bands-to-watch-altered-sky/

I'm already a fan on Facebook, but I'll go follow them on Twitter as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for your support - I'm beginning to think our music tastes are VERY similar! I'll be meeting Ross again today when we go to see Altered Sky at the ice hockey. I suspect the music will go better than the match, however, because our team are up against the league leaders! But it's a great chance to introduce the band to thousands of new people!

Any time! I almost bought an Altered Sky shirt online just now, but sadly, the shipping put it a little over for me. Soon though!

I think you're right about our music tastes! Haha, at least if the band does well at the ice hockey match, there's one win there for the day. :P

As predicted, Braehead Clan lost the hockey 5-2 - although it was only in the closing stages that the match was put beyond their reach! Altered Sky went down really well - and that meant I was kept busy at their merch stall. Managed to sell a number of tickets for their big headline show in Glasgow next Saturday too - and got some advance orders for their new EP which is out soon!

I am a bit of both (but mostly old school, with a collection of 450+ CDs) - I prefer CDs but if there's absolutely no way to get one, then I'll settle for digital. If you were to send me a physical copy, I would gladly pay you back for it. :)

I've never got round to counting how many CDs I have - maybe I'll do that when I get a spare moment or several! I do know I have about 700 vinyl albums, collected over a LOT of years! If you could PM me your postal address at some point I'll send you an Altered Sky CD - I'll even get the band to sign it if you like. And it will be with my compliments - it's always good to find another like-minded music fan like yourself! :smile:

I meticulously kept track of my CD collection growing up. Now I just kind of estimate how many more I've gotten and add it to the last real number I remember, haha. I have some vinyl albums, but those are a little more expensive to collect. I'll PM you my mailing address in a little bit, and if the band could sign the CD, that's an even bigger bonus! Make sure you let them know they've got some fans in the US already thanks to you and Ross. If you ever need someone to pick up a magazine or CD that is only available in the US, let me know. I'd be happy to return the favor. :D

Altered Sky enjoyed a brilliant time when they headlined the main stage at the Garage in Glasgow last night. Everything from the meet eat and greet to the crowd chanting their name during their set went perfectly - and it seems they impressed some influential onlookers, so 2014 could be a big year for the band. I may or may not be spamming this thread over the coming week when I go on their UK tour!!! For starters, here is singer Ana on stage in Glasgow

P1020369_zps0dcf2638.jpg

• Like 1