Parahoy!

Caitlyn

I still have a few things to figure out considering money,but yes I'm in.. we can be roommates! 

And I agree, maybe 3 in a room is what's best but if we can save some money then I won't be opposed to having a 4th person with us. Like Dustin said we'll only be sleeping in there anyways! 

yay!! Glad to have you aboard, roommie. And yeah if it's going to save us a hundred bucks or two than we should just go with a 4th person. As I'm going to need that money to buy a plane ticket to Miami.

THanks for all the tips, Dustin. A lot of stuff that I hadn't considered. I'm so excited to get this experience and with a band that I love. AHH I just can't wait.

1. Depending on the ship, there are different policies. NCL sometimes has a dining room that requires dress casual in order to get in. It's for the people who don't want to feel like they are sloppy, scummy, or whatever. Some people like to dress up. And you'll see the dining rooms are VERY fancy looking, so it's nice to match the feel and the service. You'll see when the waiters put your napkin on your lap for you, they are very fancy. Really great quality. Shows how far your money goes in terms of service. Great stuff. So in a nutshell, bring at least one semi-dressy outfit for dinner.

In the old days, there were at least 1-2 formal nights on ships. I think those trends are slowly fading away. Keep in mind cruising used to be for ritzy, wealthy people. So that was a trend back then, to be very formal at dinner. So these days some ships have formal nights, others just require bare minimum effort to look nice for dinner.

But there's at least always 1 main dining room that allows you to eat no matter what you're wearing. Which is just as fancy as the other main dining room. Just no dress code. So you have options. No one forces you to dress any way in particular if you don't want to. Just know that your options are greater if you're prepared.

I also hear there will be themed nights on the ship for this Paramore cruise. It's not something most cruises have, but likely because it's a band cruise, it's something Sixthman is putting on to make cruise life interesting. So keep an eye out for that as well.

2. I've been on a bunch of cruises on multiple cruise lines. I've also been on the sister ship of the Norwegian Pearl (the Gem). Same exact ship. Just different name. There's 2 other sister ships as well. The Jewel and Jade. They are all the same ship, mostly. Just different design on the outside, and maybe slightly different decor on the inside. And I've also been to the island we're going to on this cruise. It's really barely an island. More like a sand barge with trees. It's privately owned by NCL (like most cruise lines in the Bahamas/Caribbean, they all own at least one of their own islands). So don't get excited to see any kind of wildlife or locals. There's technically not even any buildings, minus the bar. Everything gets set up on the island as we tender from the ship to the island. So, to answer your question, yeah I guess I know a lot. This will be my first band-related cruise, but I've done quite a few others as well, and also have another cruise planned after this one, later in 2014.

As for food allergies, good news! The crew is more than welcome to accommodate any food allergies. Just make sure you tell your waiter at dinner before you order anything. Or if you want to order anything specifically, you can ask your waiter if it has any particular ingredient in it, and they can tell you. Usually they know the menu really well and can answer, but if not, they will as a supervisor who can. Same goes for the buffet or any specialty restaurant. The chefs and waiters are always right by the food so there's always someone to ask. For the buffet and even in the restaurants, you can also order food to be customized to remove an ingredient if you're allergic to it. So you can still enjoy the food you want without it being off limits.

Great notes! Yeah, the theme nights sound fun. I noticed they do those on the KISS Kruise. At Disney they do a pirate theme night which is pretty fun. It would be fun to have a contest with the fans pitching ideas for the theme nights.

On dress, I have to mention that I traveled on the Queen Elizabeth 2 with my dad back in the day, and we had to buy tuxedos for the trip because there were two very very formal dinner nights. Glad those days are in the past TBH.

Great notes! Yeah, the theme nights sound fun. I noticed they do those on the KISS Kruise. At Disney they do a pirate theme night which is pretty fun. It would be fun to have a contest with the fans pitching ideas for the theme nights.

On dress, I have to mention that I traveled on the Queen Elizabeth 2 with my dad back in the day, and we had to buy tuxedos for the trip because there were two very very formal dinner nights. Glad those days are in the past TBH.

Ah yes, I bet on the Queen Elizabeth 2, that sort of thing is likely still the norm. But it's a different kind of experience. Glad NCL is more laid back. But also has the option to be fancy if you choose to be. Like with the freestyle cruising idea. I used to hate assigned dinner times. As much as I liked getting familiar with the same waiter every day, and the dancing and singing that other cruise lines do during dinner, it was miserable for planning excursions and lacked convenience. Freestyle cruising is soooo much more preferable, which I guess would benefit the casual crowd more so than the fancy crowd. Great fit for Paramore fans. I'm sure everyone will lean towards the casual side of things.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I might not go. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that I'm at college and there are 5000 other things happening though out the year. I'm already trying to save money for the next PF meet up, among other trips. So everyone take lots of pictures for me and have fun!

I really hate saying this but I think I might not be able to go after all. Been thinking it over and at this moment I don't have enough money. I know there's payment plans but there's still the deposit and with my London trip and the fact that I'm getting a puppy next month I seriously don't think I can afford it=/ 

Haven't decided 100% yet but it doesn't look good. 

And it sucks if I can't go, I want to soo bad! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you all enjoy it?

I'd have loved to have gone! :) I'm hoping to go to the next one as apparently it's been confirmed that it's happening. It's a LOT of money though (particularly if you don't live in the states). I'd be flying from the UK over to the US etc.

I've seen a few videos on Youtube and it looked amazing. 

It was amazing!!! I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make anyone jealous, but I think Catie would agree with me that it was probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. And I've cruised a LOT. This was probably my favorite cruise.

Only downside is that they changed the menu at Blue Lagoon and don't serve the full menu late night anymore (even though they do on other NCL ships). But that really is just me being ridiculous and nitpicking haha.

The cruise was perfect, otherwise. I've been uploading videos to my own YouTube, as well as the PF YouTube. I've been posting photos to the PF Instagram as well.

I'll do a big round-up post on the homepage later, but in the meantime, here's some handy links:

My YouTube playlist of all Parahoy stuff: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7bU6CqXtZTOdthj7uMjUlA_mwbFES8gq 

PF YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/paramorefansdotcom 

PF Instagram: http://instagram.com/officialparamorefans 

PF Tumblr: http://paramorefansdotcom.tumblr.com

PF Twitter: http://twitter.com/paramorefans 

That basically covers it all for now. I'll post media and photos into the forums and gallery soon!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! I love reading your reviews and about your experiences. It seems like you and your wife made a lot of great memories! I think it's really cool that you gave the band gifts based on their talents and interests; I'm sure they genuinely appreciate it and will read/listen to the books and CD you got them!

If you guys haven't seen it, I wrote up a pretty detailed post on our bowling experience with Paramore on the ship:

http://parentsguidetoconcerts.tumblr.com/post/80430711016/paramore-bowls-fans-win 

Really great write-up of the bowling event. I'm glad you got to meet the band, especially in such a COOL place. That will sure make for an interesting story to tell friends! And a nice bond you have with the band now. You can always talk about that bowling experience at sea.

Thanks for sharing! I love reading your reviews and about your experiences. It seems like you and your wife made a lot of great memories! I think it's really cool that you gave the band gifts based on their talents and interests; I'm sure they genuinely appreciate it and will read/listen to the books and CD you got them!

Aw, thanks!

Really great write-up of the bowling event. I'm glad you got to meet the band, especially in such a COOL place. That will sure make for an interesting story to tell friends! And a nice bond you have with the band now. You can always talk about that bowling experience at sea.

Yeah, it was really cool. Worth not winning multiple M&Gs to build up the karma to win this one!

• Like 1