anyone from the Philippines?

paramorepilipinas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oneheartbeat: It's not like crappy bad, it's just that it's not very good compared to the recording. Plus, they're a boring live band. They don't try to connect with the audience or anything. And yeah, one of the main reasons they're big is because of Champ, he's like a big celebrity here, and he's got a lot of fangirls. Lucky guy, hehe.

Edit: But don't be discouraged by my comments, hehe. If you want to see them, come to the Philippines then. There's a whole bunch of other bands that are big here right now, and that alone I think would make the trip worthwhile. ^^

oneheartbeat: It's not like crappy bad, it's just that it's not very good compared to the recording. Plus, they're a boring live band. They don't try to connect with the audience or anything. And yeah, one of the main reasons they're big is because of Champ, he's like a big celebrity here, and he's got a lot of fangirls. Lucky guy, hehe.

agrees haha! and on mall tours i think the only reason girls are screaming for him because he is good looking but i don't like him either

haha i kinda miss the phillipines too! i was born there but moved here wen i was little...but ya i heard it was raining there...and since we're on the topic of flips...do u guys listen to reynard silva?? hes like on myspace and has a very good voice. and also one hott flip! haha

(i never knew so many flips were in this boards! kinda nice!! :D )

oneheartbeat: It's not like crappy bad' date=' it's just that it's not very good compared to the recording. Plus, they're a boring live band. They don't try to connect with the audience or anything. And yeah, one of the main reasons they're big is because of Champ, he's like a big celebrity here, and he's got a lot of fangirls. Lucky guy, hehe.[/quote']

agrees haha! and on mall tours i think the only reason girls are screaming for him because he is good looking but i don't like him either

thats really sad that ppl are into them just bc of champ. i heard their songs way before i saw how they looked like and i just got really into their music. but yeah, do u recommend any other bands there in the PI?? i also listen to the ambassadors, typecast, orange and lemons, fastpitch, and urbandub

haha i kinda miss the phillipines too! i was born there but moved here wen i was little...but ya i heard it was raining there...and since we're on the topic of flips...do u guys listen to reynard silva?? hes like on myspace and has a very good voice. and also one hott flip! haha

(i never knew so many flips were in this boards! kinda nice!! :D )

Dang, I've always wondered why we flips move around so much. LOL.

Yeah, it's kinda nice to see alot of Filipinos in here.

thats really sad that ppl are into them just bc of champ. i heard their songs way before i saw how they looked like and i just got really into their music. but yeah, do u recommend any other bands there in the PI?? i also listen to the ambassadors, typecast, orange and lemons, fastpitch, and urbandub

They used to be really credible with the underground scene here, but then they got big and signed on with a major label and Boom! It's like They're on the radio every 30 minutes, on MTV Phils a lot, endorsements (including a coffee commercial! WTF?) here and there. It's just too much, I guess.

Those are some good bands you listen to. Also try, Sugarfree, Cambio, Bridge, Imago, Sandwich, Session Road, Chicosci, Greyhoundz, Cheese, Pupil, Giniling Festival. And try some of the earlier bands, Eraserheads, The Dawn.

thats really sad that ppl are into them just bc of champ. i heard their songs way before i saw how they looked like and i just got really into their music. but yeah' date=' do u recommend any other bands there in the PI?? i also listen to the ambassadors, typecast, orange and lemons, fastpitch, and urbandub[/quote']

They used to be really credible with the underground scene here, but then they got big and signed on with a major label and Boom! It's like They're on the radio every 30 minutes, on MTV Phils a lot, endorsements (including a coffee commercial! WTF?) here and there. It's just too much, I guess.

Those are some good bands you listen to. Also try, Sugarfree, Cambio, Bridge, Imago, Sandwich, Session Road, Chicosci, Greyhoundz, Cheese, Pupil, Giniling Festival. And try some of the earlier bands, Eraserheads, The Dawn.

is the coffee commerical u are referring to the one with nescafe and hale is on a bus?? i thought that was hilarious!!! i was cracking up the whole time i was watching it! my friend to thought it was weird too. hahaha... i cant believe they sang a song about drinking coffee!!

is the coffee commerical u are referring to the one with nescafe and hale is on a bus?? i thought that was hilarious!!! i was cracking up the whole time i was watching it! my friend to thought it was weird too. hahaha... i cant believe they sang a song about drinking coffee!!

Yeah, that's the one! But that's how it is in the Philippines, corporate companies always cash in on the big thing at the moment.. and right now it's all about bands. So, we have commercials in w/c bands sing and advertise for beers, shampoos, etc. Hehe, funny ain't it. ^^

so r there anyone out there that speaks fluent tagalog but doesnt live in the philipines?

You'll have a hard time finding one, I guess. Since language is always a about application, usage, and practice. Once, you don't use it as much, you tend to forget certain things about it. ^^

I 'm fluent in tagalog.. but hey I've lived most of my life in the Philippines anyway. Hehe.