Old Member - Exciting News

jchurch004

For all those that have been around since the AWKIF days, this is for you.

My name is Jarrod Church. I am somewhat old now. But back when I first joined the boards, I was just starting college. I met Suzanne Klein here all those years ago and eventually we began going to shows together...and then eventually we began dating...

Well all those years later (8 to be exact), I am going to propose to her. We are seeing paramour in Worcester on Nov. 15th (which is also fitting, since that is where we first met in person)...and I am going to ask her that night.

I know this is a longshot, but I would love to try and get the band involved somehow... =]

help!

• Like 4

Does she follow the ParamoreFans Twitter account? If there's no chance of her seeing this, I could try to tweet the link to Hayley.

I was just about to tweet it but then decided maybe I will wait, and I just saw your reply, so I'm glad I didn't yet. Definitely wouldn't want to ruin it! But Hayley would hopefully have a good chance at seeing this if we can tweet it from the PF account.

Also, WOW congrats! Really excited for you, Jarrod!

if hayley follows the PF account on twitter you could always try DMing it to her instead of @replying

no chance of anyone else seeing it and she may be more likely to see it as a direct message idk

Good point! 

if hayley follows the PF account on twitter you could always try DMing it to her instead of @replying

no chance of anyone else seeing it and she may be more likely to see it as a direct message idk

This would be a great way to reach her... if she ever remembered to check her DM's. :P

Any luck tonight, Jarrod? Brent (who keeps PF up and running) texted Hayley last night to share your story. Not sure if he ever heard back.

Wow, congrats!! :D The only thing I can think of to help would be to tweet your post to her. It's a long shot but it just might work. Oh, sorry guys, just saw you all are doing that. Should I still? Or let you do it? Maybe if enough people tweet it to her it'll make it a better chance because she'll see how many people want this to happen. What do you all think?

^ No need to tweet anymore, as the show Jarrod went to was on the 15th.

I do still want to know if anything happened. Even if nothing happened at the show, I'd still like to make sure she said, "yes." :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry no reply dudes...that is frigging so cool what Brent did lol.

We ended up having early entry and were front and center. Hayley of course reached out to us and laughed when she saw us up front once again...for like the millionth time it seems. The show was obv amazing as most of you already know.

After the show, I proposed to her outside of the venue and she was in complete shock...it was unbelievably amazing...

So, here is the thing. Over the past month and a half we have talked a lot about the wedding and things...and we set our date for this coming October 5th...now we also talked about our first dance...and being that we have been around since AWKIF...it is only fitting that we use My Heart...problem is, its not really a slow song...and all the youtube videos have too much crowd noise...or Hayley talking to the crowd, which is no good for us.

We could really use you guys' help...in any way possible. All we are wanting is a simple, acoustic (slowed down) version of My Heart.

I actually write for mindequalsblown.net and am currently editing an editorial on how suzie and I met thru the boards almost 8 years ago and what has since become of that long distance (New York to maine) relationship. It is pretty excellent =]

Also, we were thinking of doing a video and thanking the band for "indirectly" introducing us...and to ask them if they would do an acoustic version of the song for us. I definitely know this is a long shot...which is super sad to me, since all those years ago, I could hang with them whenever...any help from you dudes would be the best ever!! Love you guys, and love this site - forever! Seriously, thank you for bringing her into my life. I owe so much to you...and paramore.

Congratulations on the engagement!!!! :) :) :) :) I can't believe that this website did that for you. It seems like this website brings everyone together (including me and my BFF). Again, congrats. Hope that everything works out. :) :) :) :) You have to tell us how the wedding went when the time comes.

Ah, congratulations, Jarrod! It's really cool hearing stories like yours and Suzie's and it's especially amazing that you met right here. :)

For the acoustic version, are you looking for one performed by the band (maybe the one from The Final Riot?) or could it be anyone who will do a great job of it? My friend Sam Yung (who also used to be active on the PF Boards) did an amazing piano cover of My Heart a few years ago, and I think it would be great for your first dance. If you like it, I could definitely get in touch with him for a HQ version.

PS - If you do that video asking the band to do an acoustic version, I will make sure it gets posted on PF and on Twitter. If I can do any better than that, I absolutely will.

Dude, its funny you mentioned Sam's video. I thought we may use the piano version for when she walks down the aisle...we really want vocals during the first dance though. I actually reached out to him a week or so ago, to see how tough it would be to get vocals incorporated...not possible I guess.

And, Final Riot...obviously we both love that version. That tour, we saw them 3 times on it, was actually what brought us together (as in dating lol)...but she talks to the crowd too much, and the crowd noise is too loud...so it wouldn't work.

I think we will definitely be making a video and using all the help we can get to get the thing broadcasted. I also have my article, which I am working on the graphic on for, once done, that will post as well. I will give you guys a link to that. It's gonna be good.

That's what I was thinking, if there's a way to isolate the vocal track and take out the parts where she talks to the crowd. Not sure how easy that'd be though.

Haha, the band knows me from running the site and going to meet & greets, so it's not like we hang out regularly (or ever, really). They see me front row at shows, mostly.