Old Member - Exciting News

jchurch004

^ Nah, that would be cool, but music tech and computer tech are two very different things.

haha same with me, shows and meets. most were back in the pre-riot days, but yea.

yea, not sure how you could do that vocal isolation thing...no clue...itd be a decent backup plan to the band of course. lol

You used to go to a lot of shows in Boston, right? I didn't get into Paramore until May 2007, so we probably just missed each other. I lived in Boston from 2005 to 2009 and went to a ton of shows up there, but I sadly missed all of the small shows at Axis and Avalon. :(

Well the ideal way would be to get the individual tracks from The Final Riot, haha. Not entirely possible, but not totally impossible either. I'll ask around.

Thanks dude.

And yea, I saw them at the Avalon (before it was H.O.B.) and The Living Room (in Providence, before it closed down). Also saw them at Warped from 05-07. I mean, I've seen them like 20 or so other times as well, but those were the earliest ones.

Let me know what you find out. We should be doing this video in the month of January.

i have individual tracks if anyone needs them

and i'm pretty sure it is physically possible to isolate (or at least clean up) the vocal track and layer it i'm just not sure how it's done

if harry was still around i'd say ask him because he knows a lot about audio engineering and that but...yeah

i'm 90% sure it's possible we'd just need to find someone capable of doing it

^ Yeppers. She did that when they performed Ain't It Fun on Rock AM Ring in Germany. That was because the line was, "Where you from?", so she said Germany. Try listening to different live versions to see which one is the best. If you want to, you can share it with us on this thread. Maybe, you can get studio vocals for the song, and slow it down. Then you can put that over the piano. It's not impossible. I have seen her sing Still Into You, and it was just the vocals. You could hear the music a little bit, but that is because head phones can't hold in all of the music. Here's the link:http://youtu.be/wrCxfWVuDXU . Would you want something like that? It doesn't seem too easy to find just the vocals for My Heart, though. I am looking, but I haven't found anything yet.

Is this a bad or good idea?

^ They don't usually release single instrument/vocal tracks for every song. There are just a few floating around here and there. Instrumentals are usually easier to find. For the vocal track, we would have to talk to the label or management to see if 1) they even have access to that and 2) if they'd be willing to share it (sometimes for legal reasons, they may not be able to). I'm going to do my best, but I can't guarantee anything.

^ Oops. I didn't know that. Doesn't Taylor scream in the later on times? I heard him say something about screaming.

At least the crowd noise means that they like the song. Plus, Hayley had the audience sing the fist sentence, and other parts. It would work if it was an in studio acoustic version. Why does she have to be so nice, friendly, and talkative?

the recorded version is Jason screaming, not taylor.

I really like the FBR15 My Heart with Taylor on acoustic. Lots of crowd noise though. blahhhh

It's Jason, not Josh? I always thought it was him since he did it live, even when Jason was in the band.

Haha, in that FBR15, besides the crowd (I was in that crowd... I'm singing somewhere in there! lol), Taylor messes up on a chord.

I found one, but she talks to the audience. Also, it's not acoustic. Other then that, it's good. The concert is from 2006. Chriss was right about Josh doing the live screaming. At the end, she has the audience do part of the "Whooooaaaa". Take a listen. My heart starts at about 37:13. http://youtu.be/eKM6gjO3xz8

not sure Taylor ever did. I know Josh did for the majority of their live shows, since Jason left so quickly.

I'm not sure they've ever done the original version after Josh and Zac left...could be wrong there also?

I love everyone's ideas. Having a back-up plan is obv important, just in case this doesn't work out. We do have about 9 months though...which is favorable. We definitely need a good worst case scenario though.

lol. The one from Anaheim...god I remember that tour so well, saw it a few times...unbelievable each time. Yea, it has to be the acoustic version...I really just wish they would have done an acoustic version, the way they did for pressure and hallelujah, oh well.

One of my favorite versions of My Heart was their 2007 tour in England...but Josh kinda ruined it at the end...outside of his awful scream-yell, its the best version I've ever heard...