i love Josh and Hayley's friendship!

hanijein

It's definitely hard to come back from, and I used to try to give Josh some credit and not take sides, but his whole "imposing Jesus on everyone" thing is a bit off-putting to me.

But bands have come back from other very public falling-out issues in the past. So it's totally possible. Time heals all wounds (maybe).

• Like 1

^ it's a tad off putting to me too but at the same time i definitely felt like people were being too harsh on him, i actually really felt for him

both sides were at fault to some degree and at the end of the day we wanted to know what happened and he gave the god's honest truth

he certainly didn't have to explain himself and i thought it was pretty brave of him to actually come out and do that

ah well, water under the bridge now

• Like 2

It's definitely hard to come back from, and I used to try to give Josh some credit and not take sides, but his whole "imposing Jesus on everyone" thing is a bit off-putting to me.

But bands have come back from other very public falling-out issues in the past. So it's totally possible. Time heals all wounds (maybe).

Can't say I miss him at all. I'm also glad I don't follow his tweets, haha.

I also wouldn't call his statement the whole truth. He took a lot of things that anyone working in the music industry would know as commonplace and shared them with a bunch of fans who had never been exposed to that knowledge before (most singers are the only band members signed to their major label contracts, for one; it's just easier legally), which I think was pretty trashy. It was also funny that he failed to mention his newly extended publishing contract with Warner Chappell that went through shortly before it was announced he and Zac were leaving. It wasn't like he was thrown out with no source of income. He's still quietly writing songs for other artists... some of whom have decided not to work with him any longer because he may have been too much to deal with. ;)

Zac on the other hand... he's one cool dude. I'm glad he and Taylor are reconciling.

Haha I stopped following his tweets when he said "It's not Happy Holidays, it's Merry Christmas!" What a huge anti-Semitic thing to say.

I tried giving him some some credit. I don't blame him for not liking to play songs that were about him in a harsh way. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't appreciate that, either. But I think he crossed a line.

But his cats are freaking adorable. I'll give him that much.

And yes! Zac is amazing. I just wish he would come hang instead of hiding away in New Zeland so long.

Haha, I think the band lesson of the day is, "Don't be a douche to the person who writes the song lyrics." He's a great songwriter and musician - I will give him that and that's all I will give him.

I'm really glad I spoke with Zac after that Half-Noise and Paper Route show. I wasn't going to, but Brent asked me to say hi for him, so I felt obligated. He's a great kid, and I'm stoked he's doing something that makes him really happy.