2014 Winter Olympics

Chriss

Aww! Watching him win moguls made me really happy. Canada's been kicking butt lately, huh? :)

I just watched Volosozhar and Trankov win Pairs Figure Skating (at the beginning of the games, I wasn't sure but now I love them!) and Women's Half-Pipe. So good!!

• Like 1

alex bilodeau is a hero i hope we build statues of him everywhere so i can stand there and sob

and we have! i'm really excited about it

canadians kicking ass and people actually noticing that and appreciating that instead of y'know just ignoring we exist is a really nice change to the regular routine :P

really happy for mark mcmorris too, seems like a super nice kid and i'm sure snowboarding is hard enough without a broken rib

an australian won a snowboarding medal today and like...have they ever seen snow ever like in their entire existence? how does that work??? good on her though

men's hockey is properly starting now and i'm  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Haha, I was pretty stoked for Torah Bright. She actually won gold in half-pipe at the Vancouver Olympics, so she's pretty awesome. She's Australian but she lives and trains in Salt Lake City. I was looking at how many Australians are in the Winter Olympics though... it's surprising and hilarious. I know they have some mountains, but I picture them training in the Outback pretending dirt is snow. :P

Edit: Well would you look at that... three whole snowy months in one part of Australia, lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Mountains

omg that's amazing, i didn't know australia even had mountains, forget ones with snow

germany is currently kicking ass that's a bit unexpected

first men's hockey game is going well though and our women's team has yet to lose so that's okay

pretty sure we're dominating curling as well

watch your back germany ;)

USA totally swept the freestyle skiing today

I LOVE the Olympics but I haven't been able to watch as much as I wanted to. I kept up with figure skating but that's about it. 
I'm still heartbroken about Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir not skating, but at least they're in Russia supporting Team USA.

I was blown away by Yuzuru Hanyu and Julia Lipnitskaia; they are both so fluid! 

I wanted to watch curling and round-robin because I never really got to watch either of those.

• Like 1

It's so dumb that you need to subscribe to a cable provider to watch the online streams. I've been watching on TV mostly, so I don't know where you can stream it online for free. :(

Also - go Meryl and Charlie!! :D

Sorry for the double post, but do either of you have a link to watch online? I don't have a TV nor an account to watch via NBC's live stream. I was using Time4TV but they aren't airing the Olympics anymore.

if you have some kind of proxy extention CBC has been working for some people outside canada

finally picked up my team canada jersey from my mum's, bring on hockey gold

• Like 1

I know. NBC owns the Olympic air rights for the US, so they can do whatever they want. :\

I finally watched Meryl and Charlie's program and I was speechless! It was pretty flawless. 

Thanks for the suggestion, Kayla! I will look into that. 

How long is hockey going on for? I wanted to catch some of it. 

THAT WOMEN'S FINAL WOW

tumblr_md60qva5iS1qjqzoeo5_250_zpsf8efbd

i've never seen anything like it

three minutes away from losing 2-0 and WE WON

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?

i'm actually crying

OH CANADAAAAAAAA

:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

I know. NBC owns the Olympic air rights for the US, so they can do whatever they want. :\

I finally watched Meryl and Charlie's program and I was speechless! It was pretty flawless. 

Thanks for the suggestion, Kayla! I will look into that. 

How long is hockey going on for? I wanted to catch some of it. 

women's events just finished (i'm still on high anxiety mood holy shit) but there's three more days of men's events