Intro and Rules

Chriss

Welcome to the ParamoreFans Fit Club!

This is a place for fans to share fitness, nutrition, and various other healthy-living tips. It's also a place for us to support each other as we work towards our own personal fitness goals - because everybody needs some support sometimes.

Just a few rules for everyone...

1. This is a support forum and a judgement-free zone. Anyone who comes in here to bring anyone down or bully will be immediately and permanently banned.

2. What's said here stays here. Everybody has their own level of comfort when it comes to their body image, so please respect that.

3. This forum is to support healthy fitness and weight-loss. If you or anyone you know may have an eating disorder, we love you and care about you. We're here for support, but please visit NationalEatingDisorders.org to talk to professionals who can help.

Now let's kick some butt!

- The ParamoreFans Staff

Hey Senoritas and ritos!

I've been overweight fo'eva...but the past year been down 57lbs and then back up another 20...now I'm back down 8 of the 20 I gained- losing weight and keeping it off is NO task.  But when I do it, I am proud and it shows.

My #1 tip. Be consistent.  If it's with working out or with your eating...be consistent. Right now I'm following weight watchers and it's eating while logging points of foods you eat and when you are out of points; that's that for the day.  Plus, I do cardio work outs at least 3 times a week.  

Good luck to all here, we can get healthy together!

• Like 2

I started gaining weight after college, when I had to start commuting into New York for internships or driving to work (instead of walking like I could in Boston).

At my peak, I was about 195 lbs, and that was when I kind of woke up and said, "This needs to change now!" I tried working out, but changing my diet helped more and I lost about 20 lbs. Now I'm kind of stuck where I am, but that's still far from where I want to be.

It's tough cause my work hours are 11am-7pm and I commute over an hour each way. My job is super stressful, so by the time I get home, the last thing I want to do is work out or make something healthy for dinner. I'm in great need of some tips and motivation.

I did just give up soda and artificially flavored juices though, so that's my new start. :)

20! that is awesome!!

if you go to work at 11, get up an hour earlier than usual and start working out in the morning.  you will really get pumped for the day.  If you don't want to work out, go to sleep in your workout clothes and put your shoes right next to your bed.  

pre plan your weekly meals.  I literally have a microwave lunch/dinner by lean cuisine or weight watchers and that's it.  it's small in portion and i can count the points.  Try cutting out some bread and pasta or swap to whole whear or veggie pasta.  just have everything in smaller portions.  you'll see a bigger change when you eat well AND work out at the same time.  you can always find 10 mins a day to get something in!!  

• Like 1

congrats on the weight loss! i'm glad you guys have found something that works for you 'cause it can be hard. 

i'm gonna echo the sentiment that if you find it hard to workout after work it might be worth trying to fix your schedule so you can workout before. or even do little things throughout the day if you can't commit to a solid chunk of time. things like getting off transit an extra stop earlier or parking your car further away, taking stairs instead the elevator, doing jumping jacks or sit ups or whatever else you feel like doing at your desk, etc all add up. 

preplanning meals is a good idea too. eliminates any thinking/preparation you have to do at the last minute and knowing you have something healthy ready can help curb wanting to just go get something convenient, especially if you're out. take healthy snacks in your bag like a protein bar or some nuts or a banana so you're not tempted to run and get a donut or something if you get hungry. drinks can be sneaky too, it's always better to eat your calories than drink them. smoothies i make an exception for but i treat them like actual snacks rather than a drink. 

wish i had some good news to share about myself but i don't :/ i've put on about 60 pounds since 2006 (which is a LOT considering i'm only five feet tall) and i've been completely unable to lose any despite healthy eating and working out with a trainer for the past two years. pretty sure something's medically wrong but the endocrinologist i saw last month was completely unhelpful. all she really suggested was losing weight but like.... the fact i literally can't is why i'm here... lmao thanks though. just got into another doctor and did about 20 blood tests this weekend so hopefully somebody can figure out what's up because i'm rather miserable and i don't think it's the typically expected lifestyle issue. nothing i'm doing is making a difference. 

• Like 1

I'm a night owl, so trying to work out in the morning isn't going to work for me, haha. I will be making more of an effort to do some things once I get home and on weekends though. :)

Preplanning meals is something I need to work on and something I would really like to do. For me, it's a little tougher because I live with a house full of people (my family) who would eat my food without a second thought. Then I'm out food and money. Any recommendations on sites to help with meal planning?

So sorry to hear about your situation, Kayla. Could it be a thyroid issue? I know my grandma had problems with hers when I was younger, and she would go up and down, weight-wise. She's got it under control now and I think that really helped. I hope the tests your new doctor did shed some light on things. Keep us updated!

• 2 weeks later...

i should probably work on preplanning meals too tbh, it's not something i'm very good at. this looks like a good quick beginners guide to getting started and there's a few links to websites for recipes. i'm sure there's tons more stuff out there online.

it likely could be. thyroid problems do run in my family. the endocrinologist suggested central hypothyroidism as a possibility because my TSH is pretty much right in the middle of normal but my circulating hormones were near low a few years ago. i had a full thyroid panel done and this doctor said everything was "within normal" but at this point i don't trust 'normal' so i'm gonna request copies of the actual results and if circulating hormones are still near low i might push them to give me medication even if nothing's low enough for an actual diagnosis. 'normal' labs or not something is obviously wrong with me based on symptoms alone. 

• Like 1