Healthy Snack Recommendations?

Chriss

I'm a big snacker, and I can only do carrots and apples for so long before I'm bored and go back to chocolately stuff. What kind of healthy snacks do you guys eat or recommend?

I've been snacking on pistachio nuts, lately. Pretty healthy. And I can eat a lot and not feel like I gained 20 pounds.

I also like apples with peanut butter. But apples make you feel hungry because of the acidity. Still one of my favorite snacks, though. I love carrots as well, Chriss.

I basically try to avoid bread and meat when snacking. Because I love both so much. It's tough to avoid. So any time I can do so, I feel like it's a little victory and prevented myself from overdoing it.

Pistachios are super good. I should pick some up and try those.

Thanks for the tip on apples making you hungrier. I wasn't aware of that one!

My snacking downfall is definitely carbs. I don't eat meat for anything but meals, so I don't have any problems there, but carbs... oh man!

I've tried hummus, and I just can't get into it, lol. I love cucumber but I always forget to buy some. I like mine with lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt. Also, thanks for the reminder that watermelon is back in season! It's the only melon I like.

I've never tried Skinny Cow products, so I'll definitely check those out. Thanks, Sabz!

can't really go wrong with fruit for snacks tbh, i like yogurt with berries and apple slices with peanut butter

bananas are pretty standard too

nuts are good, i tend to go for almonds, but make sure you're not eating massive handfuls because they can be deceptively high in calories/fat depending on the nut

celery and peanut butter!

you could always try dark chocolate if you still want chocolate 

make a nut + dark chocolate chip trail mix or something

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Snacking is my problem! I LOVE chips! My friends call me the chip lady lol. I'm the kind of person that if something is in front of me it's hard for me to say no or to not snack on it. I just don't have that willpower. I feel like it's so much easier when you have friends who are health conscious as well but I don't do it makes it extremely hard