Questions for Paramore

Chriss

We've been lucky enough to do interviews with Paramore every few years, but it's always tough to come up with original questions and we don't always get enough notice to ask fan-submitted ones. I thought it'd be nice to keep a thread open so everyone can post their questions, and we'll consider them for any future chats we might have with the band.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, rk1203 said:

Can they release the Caught in the Middle original version? A lot of fans are curious about how it would have sounded 

Wait, original version? I'm not aware that there's a different version :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

How about... what happened to Hayley's famous orange mic?!?!? I've noticed in all the most recent (2017) performances it's nowhere to be found :( I've just been really curious to know what happened to it  and/or whether this was a conscious decision to mark the evolution/new direction of the band.

On a more personal note, I'm all about the new direction they are going in... Love the new album and can embrace change! Their sound has evolved so incredibly... so beautiful... I love this new direction just as much as the old one!  BUT, I will be attending my first ever Paramore concert this year (Bethlehem, PA) and would have loved to see some of the old Paramore performance hallmarks that I grew up with (such as the orange mic) in person.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2017 at 10:43 PM, Anita27 said:

How about... what happened to Hayley's famous orange mic?!?!? I've noticed in all the most recent (2017) performances it's nowhere to be found :( I've just been really curious to know what happened to it  and/or whether this was a conscious decision to mark the evolution/new direction of the band.

On a more personal note, I'm all about the new direction they are going in... Love the new album and can embrace change! Their sound has evolved so incredibly... so beautiful... I love this new direction just as much as the old one!  BUT, I will be attending my first ever Paramore concert this year (Bethlehem, PA) and would have loved to see some of the old Paramore performance hallmarks that I grew up with (such as the orange mic) in person.

I think that, maybe, since the orange mic was probably a reference to Hayley's hair, and she may no longer want that colour, they thought it was time to end it? 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I think it's just the album art direction. They want to give off the vibe of the album while they are still promoting it.

You can imagine it must get tiring having to look and feel the same way for so many years on stage. They are just changing things up a bit. 

I expect the live show to take some of the new style and flair, and incorporate that into their usual schtick once the album cycle is ending. But change happens. I wouldn't worry too much, though. When you see them play the old songs, it will feel like it always did. Maybe just different clothes and mic color. But you'll know it when you feel it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, sheanbear said:

I love Paramore ever since they started, but to be completely honest i don't like how their music evolve.. SO my question is, What happen to the old paramore? where are they now?  ** though I support their music now.. :P;)

They grew up. It's just like me asking what happened to all your childhood toys and your cot. They were all teenagers. Zac, the youngest member, is now 27. He was fifteen when they started, I think. But that doesn't mean that their old music somehow disappeared out of existence.

• Like 1