SAOSIN

thorned_lilac_182

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I need the Come Close DVD, but they dont sell it in the UK!

you can try ordering it off the US Amazon.com, and shipping it to the UK; idk if it will work, but a while ago I was looking for Skins on DVD and had to go through the UK store and they would've shipped it here.

the only problem you may run into by doing it this way though is DVD region codes.

• 5 months later...

Wikipedia labels them as post-hardcore so that put me off for a moment since I've had an overdose of that lately, but the music was far more interesting than what I expected. I'll definitely keep on listening to them. :)

Genre-faggotry:

Someone had labeled the files as "screamo", and that's either completely off or the term has changed it's meaning a lot since the last time I checked. What kind of a genre do you guys perceive screamo as nowadays?

The music publications in the early 2000's bastardised the definition of the word "screamo". Their idea of screamo is "angsty pop-punk band that happened to add a screaming element to their music" to incorporate the increasing popularity of bands like Finch, Glassjaw, the Used and Thrice. My idea of screamo will always be Orchid, Reversal of Man, Jeromes Dream, Saetia, Envy etc.

I had a hunch it was something like that. Oh well, language develops and evolves, and as such, so must we. :I

For me, screamo means the genre that took hardcore to a more chaotic direction with an emphasis on dissonance, impromptu rhythms and screamed vocals. And I'm pretty sure that's what the word originally meant. The only band I've delved into from that genre is Circle Takes The Square.

• 2 months later...
I still can't get over how amazing the s/t is. The beggining or It's Far Better To Learn still gives me chills of excitement.

seriously. idk if you have ever seen them play it live, but it is one of the most killer live songs out of any band. i wish they would have done it on warped and i hope they do it on the pac sun tour.