OFFICIAL RULES ON POSTING LEAKED MATERIAL - PLEASE READ!

thebrowncoat

the posts with lyrics are kind of flaunting the song in front of people who don't have it though. i don't think that is fair.

I do see your point...but since the song is out there and is even being referenced in interviews with the band at this point, I don't think taking down the posts with the lyrics to Breathe in them really fixes a whole lot...I don't think the people who are posting in those threads are trying to flaunt the fact that they've heard the song - I think they're just discussing the song and the lyrics and it seems like that's what the boards should be for...

I know not everyone has the song, but unfortunately, we really can't help with that situation. It's pretty clear the band doesn't want the song distributed and didn't want it released yet in the first place and, for that reason, we're not going to allow this site or these boards to be used as a means to distribute it. If the band told us they wanted the lyrics taken down, we'd do that too. So far, we've decided that talking about the song here is ok, but distributing it is not...but I know it's a fine line and I know it's frustrating to people who might not have the song...

There's no great solution for this, unfortunately...we're just trying to do what we think is best...

I do see your point...but since the song is out there and is even being referenced in interviews with the band at this point, I don't think taking down the posts with the lyrics to Breathe in them really fixes a whole lot...I don't think the people who are posting in those threads are trying to flaunt the fact that they've heard the song - I think they're just discussing the song and the lyrics and it seems like that's what the boards should be for...

I know not everyone has the song, but unfortunately, we really can't help with that situation. It's pretty clear the band doesn't want the song distributed and didn't want it released yet in the first place and, for that reason, we're not going to allow this site or these boards to be used as a means to distribute it. If the band told us they wanted the lyrics taken down, we'd do that too. So far, we've decided that talking about the song here is ok, but distributing it is not...but I know it's a fine line and I know it's frustrating to people who might not have the song...

There's no great solution for this, unfortunately...we're just trying to do what we think is best...

i understand and i think you guys are doing a good job of keeping it off.

i completely respect the bands wishes and i think that's all that should matter now.

• 6 months later...

Awwhhhh damn. Well, I understand that--I never really thought of it this way until I read this... Because I've never heard Breathe so I was going to see if anyone had it--

BUT! Does anyone know where I can at least hear a stream of it? Not necissarily a download, just so I can hear some of it?... Like a 30 second clip even?

Awwhhhh damn. Well, I understand that--I never really thought of it this way until I read this... Because I've never heard Breathe so I was going to see if anyone had it--

BUT! Does anyone know where I can at least hear a stream of it? Not necissarily a download, just so I can hear some of it?... Like a 30 second clip even?

Nope...sorry....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Well, the demos are theirs and ultimately, they should get to decide when stuff gets released. I don't know that it's necessarily that they don't want anyone to hear it, but if they don't want it leaked right now (maybe they're planning to release it later, maybe they don't really like the song or songs, maybe they want to post the demos themselves - all possibilities....), we should respect that.

awww that sux i just found a bunch of rele rad old demos

but w/e i respect the decision u've made