Update on Hayley

thebrowncoat

This is pretty much the same thing I posted on the main news page, but I'm posting it here as well for comments/discussion/etc...

So, yes, it is true that Hayley has a blood blister on her vocal chords - she went to the doctor yesterday morning and she's resting her voice when she's not onstage. She's probably not going to talk at the meet & greets, although she was still there yesterday at the one in Maryland, taking pictures and signing autographs and being Hayley, just with no talking :)

I talked to Hayley for a little bit during the meet & greet (even though she wasn't supposed to be talking at all...) and I talked to Josh for a bit after the show...basically, I don't think they have any plans to cancel any shows at present...also, I asked Josh about it causing permanent damage or anything and he said that she went to the doctor and he acted like that wasn't something to worry about...although apparently it can burst while she's singing and if that happens, well, that's the end of that show. I don't even want to think about that...

I just feel so, so bad for her...but she's so strong...it's really amazing to see her out there onstage, giving it everything she has, even when she's hurting...

Onstage, well, the show was still just AMAZING. And considering how hard it had to be for her to sing, well...she just deserves so much credit for being so strong and getting up there and making it a great show. Honestly (and I don't say this lightly and, even if it comes off cheesy, oh well...), it was inspiring to watch. The show they're doing now is just so powerful and moving ("My Heart" is absolutely incredible)...it's simply astounding how far they've come as a band in the last year. I'll post more on the show in the Live Shows thread in a bit...

So, pray for Hayley to get well very, very soon...and if you're going to an upcoming show on the tour, yeah, you probably won't hear Brighter or Hallelujah, but you're still going to see an absolutely amazing show.

• Like 1

I don't think she's happy about it either...nikitask804 and I wrote her a note that said "Please please please please please please play Hallelujah...and feel better!" with a big :) on it and gave it to her after a little bit of the meet & greet had gone by (at that point, we didn't really know what was wrong with her - only that they'd said she wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be talking at the m&g.) Hayley wrote back on the other side that they were playing it before but that they had to cut it and Brighter due to her vocal chords...and then she drew a :( and wrote I'm sorry! After that, we did talk to her for a few minutes...very quietly.

Honestly, I don't care what they play as long as she gets better.