Update on Hayley

thebrowncoat

I think it's pretty common with singers - I think it's a combination of strain/using your voice a lot (and the vocal chords rubbing together in a way that creates a blister - at least that's how I understand it) and if you have acid reflux or something like that, that can aggravate it as well.

I think this is similar to what Hayley has...

contact ulcers on the vocal cords Contact ulcers on the vocal cords can occur when too much force is used in speech. When the vocal cords are excessively forced together, ulcerated sores may occur. Tissue may also wear away on or near the larynx cartilages. Ulcers sometimes are also caused by gastroesophageal reflux. Contact ulcers may cause the voice to tire easily and may cause a sore throat.

http://www.methodisthealth.com/cgi-bin/hmdim/home/basic.do?channelId=-1073831307&contentId=1073790635&contentType=HEALTHTOPIC_CONTENT_TYPE

Haven't heard much from them lately...I hope she's feeling a lot better before they head back out on the road...

Wow Brent you've done your research. Spreading ur Jediness.

But yeah im glad to hear shes doin better for sure. Must suck not being able to do what she does best.

But yeah i get sore throats all the time since im a heavy smoker. But yeah after years of singing it can get to you. Look at Stephen Tyler for instance lol. And i heard that the fear factory vocalist just started spitting out blood in the middle of the concert one time and they had to stop it. Its tough to be a singer. Thats why i play guitar. lol.

Again im glad to hear that shes getting better. I hope the next show they play she feels better doin what she loves.

Ren

my parents know of this and its a really serious issue. Surgery is an option in some cases

That is true of vocal cord disorders in general...I know, for example, that the lead singer of Piebald had to have surgery for problems with his vocal cords.

However, in talking to Josh and Hayley, I don't think her problem is that severe (I certainly hope it's not)..the dr's diagnosis for her was rest (not talking, etc.) and then the week off they've just had has hopefully made a big difference (*fingers crossed*). Hayley also mentioned that getting home and working with her vocal coach again would make a big difference and really help.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Hayley's feeling much better - she's rested and ready to go again :) And that's great, great news! :)

f***in yesss!!! i had a dream i talked to hayley with ren haha and i kept asking her if she read the boards lmao.. and then everytime shed answer id say sorry haha.. and then id ask her it again only in a different way lol.. what a retarded dream

omg thats such good news tho.. s*** yes!!

im so random it hurts

f***in yesss!!! i had a dream i talked to hayley with ren haha and i kept asking her if she read the boards lmao.. and then everytime shed answer id say sorry haha.. and then id ask her it again only in a different way lol.. what a retarded dream

omg thats such good news tho.. s*** yes!!

im so random it hurts

ROFL! Jarrod you make me laugh everyday with your posts. LOL.

Anyways! Atleast she's feeling better! Gah made my day.

• 5 months later...

I was at the Norfolk show and I waited for Four hours for her to come out so I could meet her and she didn't talk I knew why because someone told me earlier and after the norva show they canceled like a few shows after that so she could get better but that concert was truly amazing and I couldn't believe that she would sing that amazing with a blister WOW she is good