Brand New

conspiracy

cool, i'll see you and your extremely small tricycle there as well then

ALSO, brand new was fuckin awesome. They played for a near 2 freaking HOURS. I dont know how jess does it... most vocalists would be fried doing that every night for weeks on end. I was thoroughly impressed.

jesse is wierd like that and its not a tricycle.

I went to last wedensday nights show, at the avalon. It was pretty damn good. We waited and skipped out on the first two bands (kevin devine & manchester orchestra) to avoid traffic, which unfortunately, we got there to catch a bit of kevin devines set which resembled a hoe-down tooting to the topic of the war in iraq (gag me please).

But brand new played for a near two hours, it was nuts.

ah hahahahaha that's funny

I went to last wedensday nights show, at the avalon. It was pretty damn good. We waited and skipped out on the first two bands (kevin devine & manchester orchestra) to avoid traffic, which unfortunately, we got there to catch a bit of kevin devines set which resembled a hoe-down tooting to the topic of the war in iraq (gag me please).

But brand new played for a near two hours, it was nuts.

Manchester Orchestra blew me away. I was going to skip the first bands but I'm glad I didn't.

I would go see this show in it’s entirety because all of the bands really interact with each other throughout their sets. It’s almost more of a production than three bands just all playing separately in one night - except no one should really listen to me completely because I can’t describe anything well, so maybe we could just go with that I thought it was really cool? Anywho, I just now tried to write down what I remembered them playing yesterday and from what I have, my setlist looks a little different than the one Brent posted a page back from Buffalo, NY. If that’s something people want posted let me know.

I always like to see every band at a show, afterall, that is how I heard Brand New for the first time. They were the second opening band at the first concert I ever went to in 2001. I saw them three times after that but last night was the first time I’ve seen them play since I believe 2003.

I’m glad I went. I wasn’t sure I was going to because that morning from 3:30 am - 7:30 am, I barfed 8 times - impressed? I was able to go to class though and then drive four hours home to go see the show. I leaned against the wall the whole time and the bass pounding in your chest and body doesn’t do wonders for an upset stomach but it wasn’t something I wanted to miss out on! So, I didn't and I'm very happy about it.

My only complaint was the illogical security guard. I cannot really so much describe this in just words very well what exactly happened but basically he wanted to compact the line and the way he did it ended up screwing over the people who arrived early. A person who got there an hour after me would have gotten in first. I got their earlier so that I could try to get one of Brand New’s spring posters. They only sell 10 at each show. I think I would have gotten one too if people were let in according to the time they actually got in line. The person in front of me at the merch table got the last one. So sad...yet I live on, and rather happily :)!

^You skipped Manchester Orchestra? Oh man...I love them. I can't wait to see them play live as well as Brand New...

I haven't heard any of their stuff, unfortunately. I looked at the two bands playing before hand and didn't recognize anything so I decided that missing them was worth not sitting in traffic for two hours. The I-5 and the 101 are a NIGHTMARE at 5oclock.. and I seriously think something is wrong with the arch in my feet. Standing for an entire show is really really really painful.

Kevin devine wasn't necessarily 'bad', he actually had a damn good voice. It's just that he drilled the crowd about a bunch of political bullshit which probably would have been better left at the door.

I'll try to look up Manchester's myspace or something.

edit: kinda wish MO was playing 2nd so I would have gotten to see them instead.

small... three wheeled... bike?

btw who is that in your avatar?

um i have a small moped and a small dirtbike and my avatar is of josh homme.

i would totally bring them to a show if they played in san diego, but HOB has a giant stick up its ass and they're probably going to give me a citation and i'm too afraid to ride a small moped on vine st.

um i have a small moped and a small dirtbike and my avatar is of josh homme.

i would totally bring them to a show if they played in san diego, but HOB has a giant stick up its ass and they're probably going to give me a citation and i'm too afraid to ride a small moped on vine st.

Ya you'll get completely ran over on vine st.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i know this is gonna sound lame

but brand new is honeslty my favorite band.

they've changed me in so many different ways

and it's weird to think about where i would be in life if i never started listening to them.

and if you havent heard about them already

i think its about time you give em a listen haha

i actually found out about paramore a few years a go on a brand new message board:) crazy stufff