New Member Icebreaker

glorya

To all newbies: Welcome =)

So I've noticed a bunch of newbies on the boards lately and I know it can be hard sometimes to introduce yourself/talk about yourself so I thought this would be a fun way to kind of get to know you in addition to your own intro/welcome thread. And you don't have to be new to do this! Anyone can :)

Username:

First name:

How did you come across this amazing fansite that is paramorefans.com?

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan?

Favorite Paramore song?

Favorite lyric?

Any live show experiences you'd like to share?

Interests:

Other Music:

and anything else you'd like to share with us...

• Like 4

hey nice idea glorya.. i was thinking we should do something like this actually.

Username: jchurch004

First name: Jarrod

haha actually.. i came back from a party one late night and I had been listening to the band for a while, and when i yahoo searched paramore this was one of the first things i came across so i joined and at first i made an ass of myself.. lol now i have like so many new friends, i just love it..

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan?

I missed warped tour in the summer of 05.. and well i really liked a few of the bands on tour.. so i went on a random downloading spree early in 05/06 school year, like october or something and i found pressure.. it was the only paramore song that was available.. so a week later i bought the cd and the rest is history

Favorite Paramore song? Hallelujah and Never Let This Go

Favorite lyric? by Paramore? ummm "holding onto patience, wearing thin

I can't force these eyes to see the end

if only time flew like a dove

we could watch it fly and just keep looking on."

that whole verse from hallelujah is amazing..

Paramore let me on stage during warped tour in san antonio last summer.. it was amazing to say the least.. i was right next to hunter the entire time.. and then after i got to help them take down their set..

Interests: sports, fantasy football, drums, music, school, people, shoes, hats, concerts, internet, PF, myspace haha.. idk just being happy i guess..

Other Music: Metallica, AFI, Cradle of Filth, Live, Tool, Pantera, Styx, U2, Mudvayne, RJA, Silverstein, Eminem, Blink, Skid Row, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, Coheed, The Used, FATA, Rush, Dream Theater, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Alkaline Trio, Faith no more, umm way more too haha idk..

basically those who know me, know how cool i am.. lol kidding idk.. im alright i guess.. i get along with basically everyone as long as ur not an ass.. i love like everything i swear to god.. im always smiling..

^ wow thats an awesome idea! and an awesome profile jchurch hehe

ok my turn :D

Username: XxSanctuaryxX

First name: Sam

Well i kinda stumbled across it when i was looking for like paramore fan sites and stuff. and paramore fans was one of the best! and is the best at the moment!

I've been a fan since 2005, i heard them on pure volume or something? and then i also heard them on the Sims 2 PS2 game, and the song was Pressure in SIMLISH hehe. So i decided to do a little more research and there it was! PARAMORE! :D

Favorite Paramore song?

My Heart

Favorite lyric?

"Where can I Turn? Cos i need something more, surrounded by un certainty im so unsure of" or "Sing us a song, and we'll sing it back to you."

PARAMORE! LIVE AT THE MEAN FIDDLER! BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE! Check out my reveiw in the live show bit.. its rather long hehe. But seriously awesome stuff {15/10/06}

Interests: Drums, Going to shopping centres and messing around, eating haha. and some other stuff like hanging with friends.

Other Music: Utada Hikaru, The Corrs, Ayumi Hamasaki, F.I.R, CIWWAF, River Club, Madina Lake, Evanescence, Taking Back Sunday, Classic Case, Greenday, MCR, BFMV, And some others but i really cant think right now :D

PARAMORE! And welcome to all the new members! If you need help with anything, ask the mods or if theyre too busy or something, then come talk to mee! :D hehe

Oh man i got halfway through this first time and the page refreshed on me so Here We Go Again, pun intended

Username: Kalas

First name: Martin

Errrm one night just searching around some sites, decided i wanted to join some forums and have a chat with some lovely people :P, yeah so i found a couple of sites but they were no where near as good as here, joined up yeah and the last month or so is history

PureVolume i find all my stuff on there love it great site for smaller artists not that Paramore are small anymore, yeah that was a few months ago i guess

Quickly became my favourite band and still are :P

Favorite Paramore song?

Franklin, but they are all so damn good it's hard to choose

Favorite lyric?

Everyone of them haha

But i do love the whole of Franklin especially the story behind it is just amazing

London a few days ago was AMAZING

Shame i couldn't stick around afterwards to meet the band :[

I saw Jeremy before the show for a split second then he just vanished

Interests: I have noooo idea haha Music, Trampolining, Being Myself haha

Other Music: Cauterize, CIWWAF, Just Surrender, MCR, JamisonParker, SummerHero, Breaking Benjamin, Halifax, TBS not many i know limited taste i have :P

Errrm anything else, well i'm not really a serious person bit of a joker i guess, so don't ever take anything i say seriously unless i say to :P

I like to think i'm a nice guy haha

Oh and everyone on here are such nice people, and i'm such a suck up i know

Many a friend i have made :P

Guest haunted_dreams55

Username: haunted_dreams55

First name: Rebekah

I was searching for pictures of Paramore and this site came up. I really liked it and decided to join the forums.

I was reading reviews on Straylight run's forums when they were touring with Simple Plan. Everyone seemed to enjoy Paramore so I looked them up on purevolum.com and loved them so much. I have been a fan since Nov. of 05.

Favorite Paramore song? My Heart

Favorite lyric? I love every lyric of My Heart but my favorite part is "This heart it beats, beats for only you"

I first saw Paramore at Warped Tour 2006. I only went ot see them and I loved every minute of their set. They have so much energy on stage.

Interests: music, movies, going to church and bible study, reading, writting short stories, making movies I write.

Other Music:Acceptance, Alkaline Trio, Amber Sky, Anadivine, Anberlin, As Cities Burn, Aventine, Beloved, Blindside, Blueprint Car Crash, Breaking Benjamin, Cattlebeast, Chasing Victory, Coldplay, Company of the King, Copeland, Dashboard Confessional, Dead Poetic, Death Cab for Cutie, Emery, Evanescence, Faceless, Finch, Flyleaf, From Autumn to Ashes, From First To Last, Funeral For a Friend, Garbage, Haste the Day, Istra, June, Life In Your Way, Living Sacrifice, Maxeen, MeWithoutYou, Motion City Soundtrack, Mourningside, Mute Math, Norma Jean, Nurse to Juliet, Panima, Paramore, OK GO, Relient K, Rise Against, Rufio, Saosin, Saves the Day, Seether, Senses Fail, Spoken, Silverstein, Squad Five-O, Story of the Year, Straylight Run, The All-American Rejects, The Beautiful Mistake, The Bouncing Souls, The Death of Me, The Early November, The Fully Down, The Matches, The Postal Service, The Showdown, Thrice, Thursday, Underoath, Victory Within, Yesterday's Rising, Zac Hagerty, Zao...

I can play the clarinet, alto clarinet, bass clarinet, and a little bit of the bass guitar. I write movie scripts. I am curently writing the third movie script for my Star Wars based trilogy.

Username: thebrowncoat

First name: Brent

Age: old. very old. 29 years old. yes, i am older than you :)

How did you come across this amazing fansite that is paramorefans.com? Honestly, I can't really remember, which is kind of embarrassing. I know I saw them on Warped Tour on August 10th, 2005 (the first time I saw them) and I was just listening to them constantly after that...I must have been searching the web or something for info on them and came across this site right after it opened (I think I was something like the 37th person to join the boards)...or something like that.

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan? Yeah, so I saw them for the first time at Warped Tour at Nissan Pavilion outside of Washington DC last summer. There were flyers all over the place for their set and I looked at them and thought "huh, those look kind of cool, maybe I'll check this band out." I did...and the rest is history.

Favorite Paramore song? "Hallelujah" and "Franklin"

Favorite lyric? "going back to get away after everything has changed"

Any live show experiences you'd like to share? Heh...I think I've posted multiple threads on those...but I interviewed them for PF.com at Warped Tour this year in Raleigh, NC (which was incredible.) I've seen them 7 times now and each time has been spectacular...I've got multiple stories of hanging out, talking with them, sending Hayley gifts from PF.com when she's sick, attempting to ride Josh's scooter, whatever, but you can sum them all up by saying they are, by far, the nicest band I've ever met and just the greatest group of people. And, on top of that, they make absolutely brilliant music.

Interests: other than this website? :) My family, my 2 children (I told you I was old) :), music, music and more music (I probably buy 2-3 records a week...and my music collection is pretty big - probably around 2500-3000 albums at this point.) I also love to read - I was an English major in college, so I enjoy literature, non-fiction, magazines...I read constantly. I love watching baseball (Go Mets!) and football (Go Redskins!). I love going to shows, even though I'm getting to be way too old for it. And I watch a decent amount of tv - I was and am a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan and current favorite shows include Gilmore Girls, The Office and a bunch more...

Other Music: It's a really, really long list. Eisley, Taking Back Sunday, Gym Class Heroes, Gatsbys American Dream, Punchline, Fiona Apple, R.E.M., Toad the Wet Sprocket, Coldplay, Glen Phillips, Thursday, Straylight Run, The White Stripes, The Get Up Kids, Ozma, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab for Cutie, Karmella's Game, Family Force 5, Jack's Mannequin, Hit The Lights...and I could go on and on...

Username: goodnote

First name: Kaitlyn

I searched google for Paramore, and this was one of the things that came up.

My friend told me about them a while ago, and sent me some wallpapers. So, I downloaded pressure and Franklin.

I've been a fan for... since the middle of last year I'd say.

Favorite Paramore song? I like Franklin a lot. and Hallelujah.

Favorite lyric? One day you'll get sick of

Saying that everything’s alright

Any live show experiences you'd like to share? I haven't been to a Paramore show yet, sadly =[

Interests: eh... my life pretty much consists of my best friend and music.

Other Music: oh god...

Tegan & Sara. Sullivan, so they say, meg & dia, the sounds, lorene drive, akissforjersey, and so many more

Username: bule_milk

First name: stephanie

my sister told me about it

again my sister told me about it and she would always tell me about the cool and funny stuff that they tall about on here, so i wanted to join too.

Favorite Paramore song?

my heart

Favorite lyric?

"this heart it beats, beats for only you, my heart is yours"

when i saw paramore in hollywood and there was this guy who was wearing a leather vest and no shirt under it and he had all this glitter on and his was smashed up against(sp?), idk i just thought it was funny and that i should share it with you guys.haha

Interests: paramore, going to church and other church stuff, spending time with on family and friends

Other Music: okgo, ciwwaf, this providence, dead poetic, the jumpsuit apparatus, nude, emery, underoath, and many many more

purple is my favitore color and i hate the color orange, and i have almost 40 cousins...thats all folks.

Username: kristina

First name: Kristina

i was looking for some amazing pics of paramore for something and came across the boards sooo then i joined them =]

lets see well i had a livejournal and i was friends with a girl from TN on it and we were like simple plan fans at the time and she was telling me how this amazing band is opening up for simple plan from her state and i should check them outt soo i did on myspace and then i bought the album and then 3 shows later im an obssessed fan haha.

Favorite Paramore song?

toughh but i think "Franklin" or "here we go again" maybe or "hallelujah" lol

Favorite lyric?

"if only time flew like a dove god make it fly faster than im falling in love"

well the first time i got to see them was like when they were opening up for bayside and ppl and like i was there a lil early and i was kinda just wandering around and like bumped into josh and jeremy immediately and like it was awesome that they were really down to earth and were excited that we had the album and stuff and then i met the others after the show when i was leaving. it was just a great first experience. my fav time was the third time seeing them but the first time was special.

Interests: hanging with friends and being a dork, music/concerts, shopping, having fun in general, being taught some guitar from my uncle, gotta support the patriots and the red sox haha, uhmm paramorefans.com! lmao other stuff...

Other Music:

All american rejects, Afi, Augustana, Blink 182,Boys Like Girls, Boys night out,Cartel,Cute is what we aim for, avril lavigne, flyleaf, dashboard confessional, Evanescence,Green day,Halifax,Hit the lights, jimmy eat world, relient k,Meg & Dia, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Rise Against, The hush sound,Taking Back Sunday,This Providence, breaking benjamin, silverstein, Treos, UnderOath.. and more...

im a nice person haha idk some ppl say i laugh to much but w/e i think thats a good thing, yeah i get along with basically anyone come talk to meee =]

Username: X~All.We.Know~x

First name: Alycia, but most call me Ali.

How did you come across this amazing fansite that is paramorefans.com? Alyssa (XParamoreFanX) told me on MSN.. & I'm so glad she did!

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan? Hmm.. Everyone on another forum always talked about them so I did a little reseach and such and loved them.

I've been a fan since the 6th of May. LOL.

Favorite Paramore song? Franklin & Breathe

Favorite lyric?

"If only time flew like a dove, God make it fly, Faster than I'm falling in love"

=[ None.. Hopefully they're coming to australia sometime!

Interests: Music. I love music more than anything! It really helps you through when you need it, and it can really open your eyes to a few things. It also made me and my best friend at school be best friends when we found out we both loved Evanescence.

I also love heaps of forums, I have joined probabaly over a 100, But my fave forums are PF & TF.

Also, my friends. I love making friends, and I love all the friends I have at the moment. They all mean the world to me, And I wouldn't trade all of the memories for the world. I'm so lucky to of meet so many amazing people, online and off. I also really love shopping (haha) I go all the time. I once spent 7 hours at the shops. haha so fun.

I'm also really random, me and my friend collect erasers (Hahahaha yep I know its lame) but we have 230.

Other Music: Evanescence, Flyleaf, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, UnderOATH, From First To Last, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold, Taking Back Sunday, Jimmy Eat World, The Living End, The Used, The Providence, Bullet For My Valentine, Thrusday, Cute Is What We Aim For, The Hot Lies, Lagwagon, The All-American Rejects, Nightwish, Secondhand Serenade, I Killed The Prom Queen, Son Of Dork.. etc

and anything else you'd like to share with us... uhh.. I love everyone here haha even if they don't know me I do =]

My fave colour is Pink & Black and my fave food is Pizza and umm.. icecream.

My fave drink is sprite or raspberry.

I also really love anime and manga, I love Chobits, Love Hina, Tokyo Mew Mew, Fruits Basket, Rozen Maidian, Gunslinger Girl, Yotsuba, Negima.. blah blah.

Great idea for ice-breaker!!!

Username: TSOL

Name: Faris

I was googling for Paramore pictures and news and stumbled upon this great site. Its nice to see a young band getting a lot of recognition. I wish that one day, my band will also be as big as Paramore. haha. :)

I came across this AMAZING band when I was doing my routine checks on purevolume.com. I saw the picture of a cute girl. She seriously caught my eyes. So I went ahead and click on Paramore. I was really amazed when I first heard Hayley's voice. I was even more surprised when I got to know that Hayley is only 17. I've been a fan since forever. haha. Seriously, I can't remember.

Favorite Paramore song?

All the songs in the album. I honestly feel that all the songs are great. You can't compare the quality of songs they make. Its too good, every one of them. Paramore is one of the most honest band I've listened to.

Favorite lyric?

ALL OF THEM!!!

Sadly, I'm living in Singapore. There are no opportunity for me to see them live. How I wish they will tour around Asia more. But I'm sure they will be glad to know that they even have fans in south-east asia.

Interests:

Music. Music is a large part of my life. I'm a guitar player. So, I spend most of my time on my band and practising. In school, if I'm not in a lecture, I'll be spending time playing counter-strike with my friends.

Other Music:

A Change Of Pace. A Static Lullaby. A Thorn for Every Heart. AFI. After The Tragedy. Aiden. Alesana. Alexisonfire. Amber Pacific. Anberlin. As I Lay Dying. Atreyu. Billy Talent. Brand New. Brandtson. Bullet For My Valentine. Cartel. Circa Survive. Coheed and Cambria. Copeland. Cute is What we aim for. Dashboard Confessionals. Emery. From First To Last. Funeral For A Friend. Halifax. Hawthorne Heights. Hazen St. Hellogoodbye. HIM. Hit The Lights. It Dies Today. Jack's Mannequin. Lostprophets. Matchbook Romance. Moments In Grace. Moneen. Motion City Soundtrack. My American Heart. My Chemical Romance. New Found Glory. No Use for A Name. Norma Jean. Plain White T's. Relient K. Rufio. Saosin. Saves the Day. Senses Fail. Silverstein. Story Of the year. Straylight Run. Taking Back Sunday. The Academy Is. The Audition. The Get Up Kids. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. The Used. This Providence. Thrice. Thursday. Tokyo Rose. Tsunami Bomb. Underoath. Yellowcard.

Username: stephler

First name: Stephanie

How did you come across this amazing fansite that is paramorefans.com? uh i think i found it on paramore.net? ha it's kind of embarassing how i don't remember how i found it.

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan? I went to warped last year, saw that they were on the FBR sampler, and watched the Meet The Band video and instantly loved them.

Favorite Paramore song? Franklin, Hallelujah, Pressure

Favorite lyric? "could you remind me of a time when we were so alive?" AND "somehow everything's gonna fall right into place if we only had a way to make it all fall faster everyday"

Any live show experiences you'd like to share? uh i've seen them 9 times and each time the experience has gotten better and better. i love them a lot basically. i've never been more comfortable with a band. they're the nicest band out there. plus they're all super sexy.

Interests: eating, sleeping, laughing, duh paramore.

Other Music: Paramore, AAR, Queens of the Stone Age, Brand New, The Cardigans, Jack's Mannequin, The Sounds, Death from Above 1979, Boys Like Girls, Nsync, Figurines, Modest Mouse, The Faint, Eagles of Death Metal, Peaches, Morningwood, The Cure, Meg & Dia, The Cars, Motion City Soundtrack, Primal Scream, The Audition, and many many more

hhahha i basically just copy and pasted what i wrote for the PF Staff section.

wurd

I'm bored

Username:Fire At Will

First name:Alyssa

I do not remember

random downloading spree

Favorite Paramore song?

Here We Go Again,Brighter and My Heart

Favorite lyric?

here we go again with all the things we said and not a minute spent to think what we'd regret,so we just take them back these words and hold our breath,forget the things we swore we meant

Toronto,this summer,7 hour car ride,my best friend,what more is there to say =)

Interests: computing...playing guitar,eating...sleeping in.

I'm cool like that

Other Music: Death From Above 1979 (rip :( )Death Cab For Cutie,Metric,Cute Is What We Aim For,The Fray,Wolfmother,The Killers,Jack's Mannequin

Username: ParamoreLOVE x

First name: Kathleen

WELL. after listening to whoa and never let this got on repeat for a month straight. i had such an erge to know more about paramore. searched it on google and this came up. i looked at the site alot of a few months then i deciede to become a member in march of 06. ever since then this is seriouse my second home. even tho i dont post as much as most people i am very involved. and i post when i have somthing really good to say :]

i became a fan after a random downloading spree in november 05' after having then on repeat for a month. it was love :]

Favorite Paramore song? In concert: my heart. any other normal day:never let this go/emergency

Favorite lyric? by Paramore?

this is probly the hardest question ive ever been asked.

honestly i cant decide. but.

i love.

"you do your best to show me love but you dont know what love is"

well..nothing special. but. during my hero acoustic. i screamed hayley your my hero and she smiled at me. that basically made my life ha.

then there was me giving hunter his brithday stuff and literally freaking out inside while playing it cool. ha.

Interests: cheerleading,drumms,drummers :],Reading,starbucks. eh usual.

Other Music: The red jumpsuit apparatus, underoath, thursday, coheed and cambria, the mars volta, at the drive-in, death cab,family force 5, goo goo dolls, my american heart,the academy is...,the cure, taking back sunday,This PROvidence. :] not in this order.

:] THATS ME.

Username: whatsername104

First name: Rachna

Well, on the old Paramore.net, this website was a favorite, so i checked it out!

Hm, last august, I ordered some FOB shirts from FBR and they sent me a paramroe sticker, so i thought i'd check em out.

Favorite Paramore song? Franklin or My Heart

Favorite lyric? could you help me push aside all that i have left behind

Any live show experiences you'd like to share? hmmm, they were amazing!?!?! haha

Interests: Tennis: I LOVE tennis! haha it's so fun to watch, and i love playing it in my spare time. Reading: I love to read. pretty much magazines and trashy teen novels, because i read so much non-fiction and good stuff for my AP english class. Music: Music consumes my life. Literally.

Other Music:

Saosin, All Time Low, This Providence, Boys Like Girls, Permanent Me, Envy ON The Coast, Underoath, Taking Back Sunday, So They Say, Hit The Lights, The Audition, Valencia, Greeley Estates, The Early November, Cartel, AFI, All American Rejects ... the list goes on

hmmm, what else to share? i can't htink of anything else right now

Username: Emiss

First name: Emilie

How did you come across this amazing fansite that is paramorefans.com? My friend from p.org , Sophie : D DUnno if she's here too ?

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan? My online friend Sophie :D April 2006

Favorite Paramore song? My Heart

Favorite lyric? Not really sure

Any live show experiences you'd like to share? No =[

Interests: Music, movies (esp. Tim Burton ) computer, Work out alone

Other Music: metal. Stonegard, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Placebo, Nirvna, Panic! ATD, Sevendust, Deftones, Silverchair

Username: Charlottep3241

First name: Charlotte

How did you come across this amazing fansite that is paramorefans.com? By googleing Paramore

How did you come across the amazing band that is Paramore/ how long have you been a fan? Since give it a name, my mates went to go see them and straight away bought the album so i thought i would have a listen. Best thing i ever did :P

Favorite Paramore song? Not so much a paramore song but My hero.

Favorite lyric? you do your best to show me love but you dont know what love is

Any live show experiences you'd like to share? 10th of october in birmingham carling academy 2. Got slightly over excited when My Hero came on and cracked my back, pulled a muscle in my stomach and nearly threw up heh..^_^;; Oh and a huge fat guy punched someone infront of us and he nearly landed on me and my mate. a guy that big and his ass coming towards you is bloody scary.

Interests: Website design, Music and urm...video games

Other Music: Taking Back Sunday, The Used, We Are Scientists, Alexisonfire, Senses fail, NIN, Cute is what we aim for..i think you get the picture lol

• Like 1

Eeey, here we go.

Username: iheart

First name: Yen

Thank you google.

I've only gotten into their music recently, so about 2 months ago. But now, I'm obsessed.

Favorite Paramore song?

As of now, My Heart.

Favorite lyric?

This heart, it beats, beats for only you.

Sadly, I haven't seen them live YET. =/

Interests:

Music, photography, art.

Other Music:

Green Day, My Chemical Romance, The Ramones, The Clash, The sounds and I could go on and on. . . basically, a lot of rock. =)