Dissapointing Albums of '06

thepatronxsaint

trivium - the crusade. not at all like their first two. not nearly as good. i still love them tho

bullet for my valentine - the poison. other than like three songs the songs are very average. the lyrics are gayer than shit too.

mcr - black parade. what the hell were they thinking?

eminem - the re up. he doesnt even sing on the damned thing? what the hell is that? eminem needs to show off that skill.

tool - 10,000 days. by far the most disappointing album of the year. they are like one of my top 5 fav bands of all time and they completely made an average album. average for tool just doesnt cut it. sorry.

if im getting picky i would say, breaking benjamin - phobia and cradle of filth - thornography, only because i expect so much from them. my top three looking forward to albums of the year were, afi, cradle and breaking benjamin. those two werent as good as i expected so i would say they somewhat disappointed. lol

^ Ueah i didn't want to say anything in case i got verbally destroyed haha

I didn't think it was all that bad really, i wouldn't say dissapointing at all

Well i was expecting much less, and i found it to be really good

Still wouldn't say it's anywhere near the first album, buuuut bands evolve and change

It's to be expected

I liked The Black Parade too. I thought it was a good album.

I was most disappointed with Arctic Monkeys to be honest. So much hype, one good song and then the album is repetitive and flat out crap in my opinion. Kasabian was another band I was disappointed with... 'Shoot the Runner' was great, but the rest of the album I thought was boring. Those two albums prove not to believe the hype surrounding bands. I'm glad I only downloaded the albums and didn't buy them.

why dont you guys like the black parade?

i like it , it might not flow as good as three cheers but its still a great cd.

disappointing doesnt mean u dont like it. i was disappointed with the new cradle of filth and breaking benjamin cd's but i still like them alot. compared to older and past cds and the way u hype the cd. that is disppointment. like if afi's cd would have been like an average cd or even just good, that would have been the most disappointing cd of the year for me. it is based on what u expect. i expected the new mcr to be crazy good and it was just OK. so therefore it disappointed. same thing with trivium and tool. they were average. and that is not what i expect from them.

^ i see what your saying.

halifax is the same way. i heard "nightmare" and "anthem for tonight" way before the release and i was expecting more great songs like that, and all i got was songs that were too long and too much about the same thing. it got old fast on the cd but the good songs on it are REALLY good.

eminem - the re up. he doesnt even sing on the damned thing? what the hell is that? eminem needs to show off that skill.

why would he sing on it? its a remix album and was mainly put out to showcase his new artists like bobby and cashis and i think it did a good job at that.

Cute Is What We Aim For - the demos were great, but the album is way overproduced and had annoying analogies and was all about one thing, which makes it unlistenable.

plus 44 - this album isn't horrible, but with all the hype it got, it could have been so much better

angels and airwaves - same explanation as plus 44

the killers - OMG this record was horrible. it's just ... horrible. that's all i can use to describe it

Cute Is What We Aim For - the demos were great, but the album is way overproduced and had annoying analogies and was all about one thing, which makes it unlistenable.

plus 44 - this album isn't horrible, but with all the hype it got, it could have been so much better

angels and airwaves - same explanation as plus 44

the killers - OMG this record was horrible. it's just ... horrible. that's all i can use to describe it

i thought the same thing about the cute cd. it just wasnt good.