Forum upgrade

Locomotion

You might also notice that the links to Zoints and the like are gone...we finally decided to pull the trigger and to buy our own vBulletin license rather than using the one they were loaning us...we had the distinct feeling they were about to pull the plug on that pretty soon...and anyway, with as many active members as we have, it was time for us to have our own vBulletin license so we could do all the upgrades and stuff...

The forums will be down probably for the next half hour

iam upgrading them do a newer version mostly for securuty purposes.

Lol wish me good luck, 1st time iam doing this and i hope i dont scew up :mrgreen:

Seems like you did just fine =] But would the forum upgrades have any affect on the messaging system? Because the Reply button won't show up on my message thing.

Seems like you did just fine =] But would the forum upgrades have any affect on the messaging system? Because the Reply button won't show up on my message thing.

Yep...I had just noticed that you can't send a PM from your PM page anymore (the options are gone from the left-hand column) and you're right that the reply button is also gone. We're looking into what's going on there and if we can modify it back to the way it was or if this is a change that was made in the newer version...we'll keep everyone posted.

been slow for me as usual but I guess its ok

I'm not noticing any significant slowness at the moment, but we have had on and off issues with this - if you all notice slowness that persists over a period of time, notify Diego, Ash or I through PM because we'll let our webhost know - we've already logged a couple of issues with them about it and they've moved us around on their servers to hopefully address the issue.

weird i havent noticed any slowness today = /

Neither have I. What I have noticed is that when I'm away for awhile, the boards are making me log back in, even if I checked remember me...is this one of the new security upgrades - making the cookies expire after a certain amt. of time?