i just think lady singers sound nicer than men singers :]

and the fact that Hayley's a beautiful young lady is just an added extra :]

x

Agreeeeeeed :]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i got accused of being emo for listening to the veronicas the other day :nono:

uh oh.

LMAO! Thats srsly funny.

Anyways..Some of my friends are so lame, they wont even give Paramore a chance.. Cause' god forbid they like a band that arnt famouse oveerr here.

I'm a girl so ive never been told that I like them cause' she's hot or whatever.

But... she is hot.

Well, I don't use the word hot, because that's just degrading, she's pretty. Both inside and out.

I listen to a lot of punk rock and such aswell as a lotta pop, so when people found out I loooove the Veronicas everyone decided that I was a loser and a poser. Because they're pop.

I'm trying to get to a point here I'm kinda missing. I guess just that we all see something they don't. Cause we're willing to look for longer and get past first impressions.

That's why Paramore fans rule.

Hahaha.

Oh man...

Reading this thread has made me become more appreciative of my friends.

They don't mock my music choices because I'm usually the one who introduces them to new bands. I'm the one who lends them CDs that you can't find here. So I guess I've been pretty lucky with my friends...they all seem to agree with my music choices.

It was so funny though, I came back from the states last year and I bought the P!ATD CD when I was there, and I swear, all my friends were scrambling over each other to borrow the CD first.

I can understand why a lot of guys would get crap because Hayley's pretty. But at the same time, the band gets a lot of crap BECAUSE of the fact that they've got a woman singer. A guy friend of mine who shares all the same music tastes as me REFUSES to listen to Paramore because of Hayley, which is extreme sexual bullsh*t. And another one of my guy friends sat through Pressure, and, I kid you not, laughed hysterically, saying that girls shouldn't sing anything but backup because their voices werent meant for music with loud percussion.

Like the fact that Paramore were stuck on the Pink Stage (I think it was called..) merely because their lead singer is a girl must've hurt their street cred a bit.

Paramore is a band that fights stereotypical punk/pop/rock bands because of the fact that their singer is a girl and they've still managed to be successful.

So you kind of have to live with the prejudice if you're a Paramore fan.

*edit - wow..that was long...sorry. Hehe.

I don't think it's that long.

Although there's mostly sucess with males in music I certainly hope that you don't see that Paramore's sucessful dispite Hayley. You're probably not saying that, but there's a small hint of it in your post.

Cause I'm a singer, and a girl, and obviously love Paramore's style - so I'm hoping that it's not such a bloody rough ride. Then again, where would the fun be if it were easy?

Haha.

No, thats not what I was implying. Sorry if it came off that way. I'm just saying it was more difficult for Paramore, but the fact that they emerged successful was also heightened by the fact that they've got a female singer.

Haha, having said that, a lot of people also have respect of bands with girl singers because its harder to become successful.

You're right though...if it wasn't difficult it wouldn't be worth it.

well i listen and talk about paramore all the time, so it's hard to people to ignore it......i also have a desk at college, which like has 3 walls around it and the walls are covered with paramore pics so people can't really ignore them, but my friends do get fed up of me talking about them cos i do seriously talk about paramore all day every day.

oh yeah, people were talking about people calling paramore 'emo', paramore have made it clear they don't want to be asscoiated with the word 'emo'

see just as i was writing this my friend walked past and said 'what's that paramore's shit'

Ah that sucks. You should be able to have your Paramore love freely.

I personally don't talk much to my friends about Paramore cause they're just not interested. I'll talk casually about things like when the CDs coming out and such, but I don't bore them with how funny Zac is or whatever. Cause I reckon that can make them hate them.

• 3 weeks later...

I talk about paramore all the time!!

haha!

I think hayley gets most of the attention cos she's the singer.

but I usually talk about everyone.

from josh's guitar skills

to jeremy's bass lines

and zac's amazing drumming!

Guest JadeIsRad
I talk about paramore all the time!!

haha!

I think hayley gets most of the attention cos she's the singer.

but I usually talk about everyone.

from josh's guitar skills

to hunter's bass lines

and zac's amazing drumming!

Don't you mean Jeremy's bass lines? =]

Guest JadeIsRad
I'll admit, I tend to favor Hayley over the rest of the group. But Hayley's just Hayley, it's not Paramore without the guys. ;D

Yeah I do that too =] but PARAMORE IS A BAND and we must remember that! =D

• 2 months later...

well my dont really accuse my of liking paramore because of Hayley. But every now and then, especially when I go to shows they say things like "going to see your girlfriend". It's not really annoying since they don't do often and I know that they are just joking around, so I dont really get mad when they say things like that. Since I listen to certain bands that they concider "gay" or stuff like that they will give me crap for it, saying Im gay when Im not. Like when I if I say "Hayley is pretty hot" they'll reply "Whatever you know you want the drummer instead". That kinda of stuff gets to me sometimes, but they are good enough friends to know when I've had enough and they'll stop when they know Im starting to get mad/annoyed. Im just get mad at them sometimes cause they wont give new bands a chance, even if they are in the genre of music they like, but that's another story/topic.

i talk about paramore and my friends ignore me.........sometimes they seem interested and ask questions, but yeah they don't understand my obssession

haha same here.. i was trying to find some one to go to there concert and my friends there like "WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT PARAMORE!?!" then one of my friends starts singing emergency to b annoying.

but my friends like do the exact oppisite with the hayley thing. even though there girls they hate girl singers. one of my friends started saying that she cant sing!

if only i knew some one who would understand.ha

Some friend of mine once said 'Paramore wouldn't be as well known if they didn't have a hot red head in the band.' :roll:

Yeah, I'll agree she's hot, but she has other likeable qualaties too (great singing voice and nice songwriting ability), so there are plenty of other reasons to like the band. Some people are just too ignorant to look past what's on the surface.