The Photography Thread

goodnote

tumblr_l5q93xEqpm1qbq3jdo1_500.jpg

37863_10150224833125300_783500299_13567141_1303261_n.jpg

James; I got into it after my cousin started with it, and he took tons of pictures all the time. And I thought it looked like fun, so decided to try :) Here in Norway you can get DSLR kit for around $450.

So...how did you guys get into this hobby? I'm intrigued...how expensive is it to get started?

Well, I got started because my dad, my brother and my uncle all have done photography for quite a while. I picked up a camera when I was probably 16 and it's been love ever since. Now, when it comes to starting it, it all depends on what you do. If you want to do film, its going to cost more because you have to get a camera, film, you have to pay for chemicals if you want to develop your own or pay to have someone else develop for you. However, film is generally a lot better quality than digital. Digital is a lot cheaper, you can get a pretty good starter SLR for anywhere from $400 to $600 without a lens.

Some fantastic pictures here! I particularly like the Dandilion one :)

Btw, its not all about the MP, I have a 12MP compact cam that shoots nice quick images but it does not match the image quality of my 7MP DSLR.

A word of advice - remember when you are camera shopping, ask about shutter speeds, lens quality etc and do your homework

You want an DSLR, right? Or just a digital camera? :)

For a DLSR, I would say that the Canon EOS 1000D or Canon EOS 450D are both very good starter cameras :)

You can get the 1000D kit for around 3000kr I think, and the 450D for around 4000kr.

You want an DSLR, right? Or just a digital camera? :)

For a DLSR, I would say that the Canon EOS 1000D or Canon EOS 450D are both very good starter cameras :)

You can get the 1000D kit for around 3000kr I think, and the 450D for around 4000kr.

Yeah DSLR:)

ah okay thats not too bad, is the 450D better?

I'll buy a camera next time i get paid :D

• 2 weeks later...