Cool facts

clowdiaa

In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi.

I'll be sure to trythat if I ever go to space.

Don't ever eat mentos and drink diet coke at the same time. IT"S DANGEROUS!!! But you can put mentos into a bottle of diet coke. It's quite fun when you get the result.

Probably because by adulthood all the bones are connected' date=' so a lot of the bones become one.[/quote']

Yep, exactly.... You start out with 29 different bones in your skull, and they're all separated... Then eventutally they fuse. A lot of your bone doesn't even start out as bone--lots of it is cartilage so birthing is easier... In fact, I don't think that infants even have knee caps, they harden after they're born, but I could be wrong on that...

((I've got anatomy stuff all over my house, and I plan on working with bones for a living in 15 years :D **Nerd**))

--> All bodily functions stop when you sneeze. Even heartbeat and breathing. If I remember right, this is so your body can get rid of whatever is trying to get into your body, and because it's quick, it's got no effect on anything :)

So when you sneeze like 7 times in a row you die like 7 times.... Just not really hahhaha...

Yep, exactly.... You start out with 29 different bones in your skull, and they're all separated... Then eventutally they fuse. A lot of your bone doesn't even start out as bone--lots of it is cartilage so birthing is easier... In fact, I don't think that infants even have knee caps, they harden after they're born, but I could be wrong on that...

((I've got anatomy stuff all over my house, and I plan on working with bones for a living in 15 years :D **Nerd**))

15 years??? Wow thats a long time from now. I hope you're being sarcastic.

15 years??? Wow thats a long time from now. I hope you're being sarcastic.

Hahahaha, well if you call 15 and exaggeration on about 13, then yes, I was being sarcastic ;)

But seriously, to be an orthopedic surgeon... 4 years of gen ed... 4 years med school... 1 year general surgery... 4 years specializing... That's 13 years if I do it right.

The pay out will be well worth it though :D So when you need your knees/hips/shoulders replaced, you can come to me ;)

--> All bodily functions stop when you sneeze. Even heartbeat and breathing. If I remember right, this is so your body can get rid of whatever is trying to get into your body, and because it's quick, it's got no effect on anything :)

So when you sneeze like 7 times in a row you die like 7 times.... Just not really hahhaha...

that's so cool. i love this thread, i'm learning so much random crap hah.

^Heh, so much for trying to look young again.

And I believe that is where the saying, "Bless you" comes from.