Cool facts

clowdiaa

^^^ how much pounds will you lose without drinking soda for a week? or a month? because i dont think i could make it with out soda for one whole year. and im trying to get heathier... hahaha.

this is a cool thread.

did anyone know that your hair grows a half inch a month? that's pretty cool... so in one year your hair grows 6 inches if you don't cut it...

I tried looking it up, I am sure there would be an immediate change though because you stop drinking it suddenly and then it starts to wear off. I don't know. I am probably just saying a bunch of crap now. It's just my thought.

LikeDays should come here to correct it.:lol:

Hahahaha, I havn't corrected it because it's true...

I'm not sure on the exact amount, I thought it was for like every soda you drank for a year, eventually you'd gain a pound from, but that sounds a little steep....

But since soccer's started I don't drink pop anymore--it's all fruit juice, unless I'm at work because the lemonade there is nasty and I refuse to drink water from the tap, lol... But yeah, I feel better when I'm not drinking LOTS of pop, though I do enjoy it...

I'm going through Sunkist withdrawls, actually....

Hahahaha, I havn't corrected it because it's true...

I'm not sure on the exact amount, I thought it was for like every soda you drank for a year, eventually you'd gain a pound from, but that sounds a little steep....

But since soccer's started I don't drink pop anymore--it's all fruit juice, unless I'm at work because the lemonade there is nasty and I refuse to drink water from the tap, lol... But yeah, I feel better when I'm not drinking LOTS of pop, though I do enjoy it...

I'm going through Sunkist withdrawls, actually....

Yeah that doesn't sound right. I drink like hundreds of soda and I don't weigh hundreds of pounds haha.

I actually haven't drinken any soda today. Just haven't felt like it. I'm just not thirsty.

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.

The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache.

There are 10 human body parts that are only 3 letters long (eye hip arm leg ear toe jaw rib lip gum).

Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate.

A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day!

Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States.

Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight! [that means i need to go to the grocery store every day! hahaha]

Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate.

A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day!

Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States.

Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight! [that means i need to go to the grocery store every day! hahaha]

How is that even true about the banana sniffing?

A group of unicorns is called a blessing. (why would you need a name for a group of unicorns?!?)

Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink."

A group of frogs is called an army.

A group of rhinos is called a crash.

A group of kangaroos is called a mob.

A group of whales is called a pod.

A group of geese is called a gaggle.

A group of ravens is called a murder.

A group of officers is called a mess.

A group of larks is called an exaltation.

A group of owls is called a parliament.

In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.

In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping. [ this is very true. haha!]

There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers cookie zoo!

A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood.

A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.

^ The last one freaked me out a little bit. Hahaha.

In California...

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

In Florida...

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal. <----LOL.

When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.

In Louisiana it is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

In New York the penalty for jumping off a building is death.

In Texas a recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

In England those wishing to use a television must apply for a license.

In Thailand it is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.