4.27.07 Recher Theatre Towson, MD

thebrowncoat

Might as well start a thread for the show I'm going to on this tour!

I love the Recher Theatre...such a cute little venue in a neat little town. Very casual, very laid-back. I'm glad they're playing there again and I can't wait for this show...this will be the 3rd time I've seen them at the Recher...

So, who else is going?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was gonna go to this one, but i can't afford it. i'm going to 2 other ones... the ones before and after this. i'm not the biggest fan of the recher... not good memories of the last time i saw them there.

Awww...why not? What happened? My only complaint with the Recher in all the times I've been there is that the sound is definitely not the best at any venue I've ever been to...

I'd be at the 9:30 show as well, except I've got plans already on Saturday that I have to be at :)

And I'm not a big fan of the Norva...I just don't really like Norfolk (no offense to anyone who's from there...) I used to go to shows down there at the Boathouse and other venues when I was in college...and idk...I never really liked the crowds or the feel of the shows...

Awww...why not? What happened? My only complaint with the Recher in all the times I've been there is that the sound is definitely not the best at any venue I've ever been to...

I'd be at the 9:30 show as well, except I've got plans already on Saturday that I have to be at :)

And I'm not a big fan of the Norva...I just don't really like Norfolk (no offense to anyone who's from there...) I used to go to shows down there at the Boathouse and other venues when I was in college...and idk...I never really liked the crowds or the feel of the shows...

well. i dunno... i was only 5 people back in line, and then TONS of people butted in front of me when they let in and that made me get a REALLY bad seat. i know that always happens, but some places are good with that. and every time a band went off they moved me... and there were annoying teeny boppers behind me that were there for cute, and when paramore went on they got in front of me, along with some tall guy, and i couldn't see a thing... and i was disappointed that they had to cut the setlist short. and i didn't get to meet any of them. and paying $3 at the dooir for being under 21 or whatever it was... i dunno. it just wasn't as enjoyable and it could've been...

well. i dunno... i was only 5 people back in line, and then TONS of people butted in front of me when they let in and that made me get a REALLY bad seat. i know that always happens, but some places are good with that. and every time a band went off they moved me... and there were annoying teeny boppers behind me that were there for cute, and when paramore went on they got in front of me, along with some tall guy, and i couldn't see a thing... and i was disappointed that they had to cut the setlist short. and i didn't get to meet any of them. and paying $3 at the dooir for being under 21 or whatever it was... i dunno. it just wasn't as enjoyable and it could've been...

Well, there won't be anyone there for Cute this time :) And the tall guy was, ummm, well that could have been me. I was right upfront and I am tall lol...I was there from the start of the show though...I always feel bad about being tall and in the front.

As for meeting them, you should have hung around after the show...I talked to Josh for a long time...and Zac and Jeremy were outside as well...

does this start at 6:30?

cause I havent gotten an M&G email they usually send out and Im thinking if the show starts at 630 then the doors will have to open around 6:00 so m&g is at 5:30? I dunno Im trying not to be late/miss it or I wont be able to go in.

not saying im going to this show but if these 2 start at the same time then M&g will have to be at the same time I would think.

Well, there won't be anyone there for Cute this time :) And the tall guy was, ummm, well that could have been me. I was right upfront and I am tall lol...I was there from the start of the show though...I always feel bad about being tall and in the front.

As for meeting them, you should have hung around after the show...I talked to Josh for a long time...and Zac and Jeremy were outside as well...

that's true. haha, were you crowdsurfing? b/c it was some guy that got kicked out from crowd surfing, and then came and stood in front of me. and also i wanted to! my sis and i went to their bus, which i now know they hung out inside the venue... but we didn't get to wait for long at all, b/c my mom drank some bad water and was having, well. that's not important... but yeah, we had to leave so we could get her to a bathroom...

that's true. haha, were you crowdsurfing? b/c it was some guy that got kicked out from crowd surfing, and then came and stood in front of me. and also i wanted to! my sis and i went to their bus, which i now know they hung out inside the venue... but we didn't get to wait for long at all, b/c my mom drank some bad water and was having, well. that's not important... but yeah, we had to leave so we could get her to a bathroom...

Oh no. I don't crowd surf, lol...I'm waaaaay too old for that.

That does not sound like the best night...hope you have a better time this time!

Oh no. I don't crowd surf, lol...I'm waaaaay too old for that.

That does not sound like the best night...hope you have a better time this time!

yeah Recher is old and the sound isn't always great.....but they always have great bands come and are really great about local bands playing. my band played there last Thursday and it just smells like cigarettes and weed backstage. not cool. it actually used to be a movie theater long time ago before it became a venue...they really need to renovate cas it's getting pretty gross. but yeah I'm goin to the show! can't wait to see The Almost and This Providence also....the last time I saw Paramore was actually at the Recher so it's going to be awesome seeing them again there =]

<--- me at the Recher ;]

yeah Recher is old and the sound isn't always great.....but they always have great bands come and are really great about local bands playing. my band played there last Thursday and it just smells like cigarettes and weed backstage. not cool. it actually used to be a movie theater long time ago before it became a venue...they really need to renovate cas it's getting pretty gross. but yeah I'm goin to the show! can't wait to see The Almost and This Providence also....the last time I saw Paramore was actually at the Recher so it's going to be awesome seeing them again there =]

<--- me at the Recher ;]

Oh, it's definitely old...and yeah, soundwise, there are much better venues...but it has a certain charm...and I love the location there in Towson...it's a cute little area.

Plus, the last time they were there, Paramore were very excited that they had showers backstage...of course, this time, they're playing there right after they play the Norva, instead of before, so the showers may not be as thrilling :)

Oh, it's definitely old...and yeah, soundwise, there are much better venues...but it has a certain charm...and I love the location there in Towson...it's a cute little area.

Plus, the last time they were there, Paramore were very excited that they had showers backstage...of course, this time, they're playing there right after they play the Norva, instead of before, so the showers may not be as thrilling :)

yeah I love the Towson area =] Recher def has its charm....its one of the venues in my area that a lot of locals actually play at...there's Fletcher's and Ottobar located downtown but kids won't really come there cas they don't want to come to the city area....not tryin to get shot. hah! I didn't get to see the showers in the back when I played there but I remember seein Hayley comin out lookin so fresh and so clean clean after the show.