Tattoos?

triquetra

I have one on my right foot, it's a trumpet with music notes coming out of it and the lyrics "It's not faith if you use your eyes"

and it has some swirls underneath it.

I'm not even religious, but I love those lyrics so so much and for me they apply in every-day life.

Cannot wait to get another one. I had originally planned for my first tattoo to be some lyrics from the Miracle Outro (dedicated to my late Grandfather) but that didn't exactly go to plan and I ended up getting my foot tattoo first. But I'm definitely getting the Miracle Outro lyrics tattooed on me next. :)

• 3 months later...

And here I go again, bumping this thread.

So, my birthday is next month, which means I'll be coming into some money which means it'll be time for a new tattoo. And I know basically what I want, I'm just trying to narrow it down to which one. So, I have come to y'all for advice.

Which one do you like the most/think will make the best tattoo?

ampersandscopy.jpg

I should probably note that its going to be very small behind my ear.

i agree with kayla.

so, since it's less than a month to go until i'll get my second tattoo and i finally found my perfect line now, i'm also still kind of unsure about which font to get it in. these where the ones i wanted to choose between:

dbno.png

but i also fancy this one pretty much and might go for it and ask my artist if he can transform the "down but not out" into this font in case that i get some agrees to go for this one.

tumblr_lbfdhkdWuM1qc4hpfo1_500.jpg

I've been thinking more and more of getting a tattoo lately. I won't do it until I'm 100% about what I'm getting though, if I ever do, haha. I have a lot of ideas, but I don't really know what I want most.

This is what I'm thinking of right now:

- "The world is full of magic", (part of) a quote from One Tree Hill. I've loved the show since I was 11, and it's something that means a whole lot to me + the quote itself is probably my all time favorite.

- The deathly hallows symbol on my wrist or behind my ear(very, very common though)

- A lightning bolt behind my ear(again, very common)

- G-key(is that even the right word?) shaped as a heart.

- Notes, kind of like this.

- "There's a lot that I don't know. There's a lot that I'm still learning." From 'The Resolution' by Jack's Mannequin.

So yeah, I have a lot of ideas, basically, haha :P

So, for my birthday...I'll be getting brighten lyrics..."in all this chaos we found safety."

i'm still contemplating on location. But I'm leaning more towards near my triceps, just above my elbow. And I'll

split the phrase into two parts so it'll be on both arms.

Though Im scared to ask my parents for permission becuase there's a 50/50 chance they'll say no.

I'm kinda thinking that I'll just hide it from them? Though that never works out well. lol

That's what I did. hahaha.

I asked my parents if I could get a tattoo a couple years ago for my 18th birthday and they said no.... but I ended up getting it a month later because I told them flat out that it was my money, my body and my decision. Now they actually love the tattoos I have... all four of them. haha

LOL. thanks for the advice. =)

and catie, that's exactly what I thought...

Once I have it, they'll eventually have to get over it. haha.

Also, I can always say that I'm not even paying for it.

My friend said she'll pay for it as a birthday present.

=)