Goodbye PF.com

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...I hope everyone can take a step back and get some perspective on this...

First and foremost, Hayley DID NOT ask for Diego to be removed from the staff. That was a decision that Ash and I made and it was not an easy decision at all...but one that was necessary based on this and other past situations.

We're a fansite...and our credibility with the band...all that we and you guys have built here over the past 2 years was put at risk by this....our policy on leaked material has been VERY clear ever since the Emergency video leaked...and for a staff member to violate that is something that just can't be overlooked.

We will absolutely miss Diego...but I hope you guys can look at both sides of this...don't be angry with the band first of all...it's their video, they had a really cool promo plan set up with MTV2 and the teaser video...and it got screwed up because of this leak. They have a right to be upset about the leak. And they knew the leak originated with a PF.com staff member. We're here to support them and to promote them...and we screwed up as a site...and because it was a staff member who leaked the video, Ash and I felt this was something we had to do.

Again, Diego will absolutely be missed. But I hope most of you guys will stay with this site...we'll miss all of you who do choose to leave...and again, this was solely Ash and my decision, so be angry with us if you need to be angry at someone...don't be upset with Hayley or the band.

i understand what you're saying, you're just doing what you're supposed to do as being incharge of this site.

i'm really glad you cleared that it wasn't hayley... 'caase i knew it wasn't her, it doesn't really sound like something she would do.

yeah ive never actually posted alot on these boards so i dont know alot of people.. but i do rememebr u in the early stages of the forum..and the other forum that was on the official site.

im sure u will be missed!

and it sucks that your gettnig blamed ofr all this stuff.

diego- you know i love ya kid. the situation sucks, but you will be missed.

and to everyone else... dont judge a situation that you dont know. only diego, ash, brent, and other staff members know what is going on. none of the rest of us can say anything about it because we dont know. just dont judge.

This is getting a WAY misinterpreted (which is probably my fault, but I don't know how much I can say about everything and the conversations I had with several people). I had to sit down and apologize to Hayley after the show on Tuesday for the video leak because it was our sites (diegos) fault. I talked to her for a long time and Hayley, Dave (their manager) and I decided it would be best for Diego to not be affiliated with the site anymore since it basically ruined our reputation with their people. And this was a big deal, bigger than you probably know. And I didn't want to have to say this either, but I feel like I need to defend my decision too... this wasn't the first time that Diego has done something shady, and I won't go into details cause I think that'd be really unfair... but I can't just overlook things like this.

HAYLEY DID NOT SAY "Ashley, kick him off the site". It was my choice... she didn't force me to do anything.

So please don't hold anything against her.

If you need someone to be pissed at, please have it be me. I'm guessing you've all talked to Diego on AIM and stuff so you've definitely heard his side. So please don't judge me or hate the site because of this, because I don't think any of you know all of the details of everything since day one.

Diego, you've done so much and you know how I feel about all of this. I'm just so sorry but I don't know what else to do.

"because it was our sites (diegos) fault."

That honestly makes no sense and isn't true. I know other people on other messageboards who got the video directly from that other site he got it from.

"because it was our sites (diegos) fault."

That honestly makes no sense and isn't true. I know other people on other messageboards who got the video directly from that other site he got it from.

i can say i support his because there was a person in LJ that ripped it too.

even tho we are not all adults. some far from it. lets just take a step back for a moment and pretend.

yes, what diego did was wrong. yes, leaked videos is not a good thing.

but at the same time i back the guy 100%

since getting to know him, he would really have to fuck up good for me to disrespect him. in my honest opinion this is dumb, no offense to you ash. your the creator and you have all the respect in the world from me too ya know.

its like a family and one of the very important aspects of that family has to leave. so when the children look for who to blame they go to the source.

ppl pick sides and the family becomes split. and that is never a good thing. we need to grow past this you guys. still talk to diego and alyssa and whoever else leaves. theyre our friends and thats all we can do ya know.

i dont think anyone should be at blame here. just my opinion again. just a series of very unfortunate events and miscues is all. lets just move past it. no grudges. nothing. clean slate you guys.

you dont have to listen to what i say, but i mean i really think i know what im talking about here. i talk alot of sense if you listen close enough. i am friends with many of you on here. most of yall have left or just dont post as often. and when i say close friends, i mean it feels like i have know some of you for a long time and when i think about, i really have lol. ive been on this site for a yr and a few months roughly and in that time i have become acquainted with many and gotten closer to most of them.

its just a sad day to see this sort of thing. i dont want this to be something that kills the site and turns ppl away from the band and/or the admins and mods. they work hard you guys and i mean i know even more than most of you what diego does here and its alot. it sure will be tough without him. but what else can we do but move on. mods and admins will come and go. all we can do is respect them and let them do their work to the best of their ability. with diego gone, someone will step up and pick up the slack ya know.

ill miss ya tho diego. dont forget that. and you have my contacts, so anytime buddy. im talking to ya right now. i feel bad enough that i hadnt been online much the last few days. trying to deal and sort out my home-life drama haha. really dont have much time for the PF shit right yet. but anytime you need me man, im right here. im glad alot of ppl support ya here tho. its good to see. but i think we also need to look past it now and get back on track. we are a fan site. we are here for a reason. so lets get to it you guys.

to all the mods and admins. you always have my respect for the work you do. no matter what is said to me, i will always look past it and talk to any of you openly about pretty much anything you have to say. thats just the type of person i am. some know this more than others but ya.

ok enough ranting. seriously guys. dont look too hard into it. its just someones way of moving on. so lets get back to what we came here in the first place to accomplish. ok??

hehe. good luck with everything diego man!!

wow..

coming back to this??

i have nothing to say

i have my own views

alot have been expressed

but i do understand why the decision was made

i just think any loyalty there was completely spat on

diego,

you have done so much for me in the past

words cannot express how upset i am that you are leaving

you've done so much for us and the site

you were pf to me

i will still keep in touch though =)

xxxx

um, want out of promo squad please

i can say i support his because there was a person in LJ that ripped it too.
Exactly. I don't see why you doing it was any worse.

I saw the video the other day, and I would have seen it weather or not you ripped it.

I saw it from someone who took their camera and videotaped it from that other website. So it, in no way, originated from you.

Exactly. I don't see why you doing it was any worse.

I saw the video the other day, and I would have seen it weather or not you ripped it.

I saw it from someone who took their camera and videotaped it from that other website. So it, in no way, originated from you.

I saw the video a day or two ago too, but it was on YouTube. Soooooo people already leaked it. Therefore, it really is not Diego's fault at all.

Scream at YouTube if it is that big a deal. Or Brightcove (or whatever it is called).

I saw the video a day or two ago too, but it was on YouTube. Soooooo people already leaked it. Therefore, it really is not Diego's fault at all.

Scream at YouTube if it is that big a deal. Or Brightcove (or whatever it is called).

yeah. well, then again, there are rules on posting leaked stuff here and he broke them, so technically it's right to kick him off the website, as much as it sucks.

but I think it's stupid that Hayley got involved at all.

even if it wasn't her decision to kick him off, she still should have gotten her facts straight before blaming Diego.

srsly. move on you guys. like i said in my long ass post on the last page.

its over and done. ive talked to diego and he holds no grudge. which neither should any of you. we are here for the band. so if you want to blame and hate on them in any way, then just leave.

not being harsh. just truthful. sometimes i show that im 20. doesnt happen often tho.

thats all tho.

Hey everyone...I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here...and

I want to clear something up...

Diego's rip of the video that appeared here and on the LJ was the FIRST leak of the video - BEFORE it showed up on YouTube or AP.net or anywhere else. It didn't stay up in either location very long...I took it down here on the boards and I'm assuming the band took it down from the LJ community...but it was the first rip of the video and the first leak of it outside the brightcove site Diego found it on (which, since it is affiliated with FBR+ doesn't count as a leak...the video was supposed to be there...yeah, maybe it was not difficult to find - idk - but the band or the label or whoever put it there...it was NOT a leak.)

So, that's part of why we're viewing this so seriously...we can't say for sure, obviously, but it's very possible that all the subsequent posts of the video on YouTube and AP.net came from the short time Diego's posts were up. He certainly made it easy for anyone to post it in those places since he ripped the video.

And again...as a staff member, we feel like we have to hold him to the highest standard. If any other staff member had done something like this, the exact same thing would happen to that person...as the staff, we absolutely have to obey the site rules...otherwise, how can we expect you guys to?

Sorry if any of that comes off too harsh but I wanted to make sure it was clear that this is a pretty serious leak and came before everything else some of you may have seen since then on other sites.

Hey everyone...I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here...and

I want to clear something up...

Diego's rip of the video that appeared here and on the LJ was the FIRST leak of the video - BEFORE it showed up on YouTube or AP.net or anywhere else. It didn't stay up in either location very long...I took it down here on the boards and I'm assuming the band took it down from the LJ community...but it was the first rip of the video and the first leak of it outside the brightcove site Diego found it on (which, since it is affiliated with FBR+ doesn't count as a leak...the video was supposed to be there...yeah, maybe it was not difficult to find - idk - but the band or the label or whoever put it there...it was NOT a leak.)

So, that's part of why we're viewing this so seriously...we can't say for sure, obviously, but it's very possible that all the subsequent posts of the video on YouTube and AP.net came from the short time Diego's posts were up. He certainly made it easy for anyone to post it in those places since he ripped the video.

And again...as a staff member, we feel like we have to hold him to the highest standard. If any other staff member had done something like this, the exact same thing would happen to that person...as the staff, we absolutely have to obey the site rules...otherwise, how can we expect you guys to?

Sorry if any of that comes off too harsh but I wanted to make sure it was clear that this is a pretty serious leak and came before everything else some of you may have seen since then on other sites.

lmao

doesnt count as a leak?

right dude, right.

which is what im saying.

i dont disagree with u guys here brent. i know what he did was wrong.

this is why i think we should move past it and get back to what we are all here to do. if thats alright with everyone else at least.

i love diego just as much as everyone else. but we cant dwell on this at all. i will still talk to him alot. most of my talking with diego is on aim anyways, so this really doesnt affect us at all. and it shouldnt with you guys either.

so leave it at that and be done with it.

lmao

doesnt count as a leak?

right dude, right.

hehe at diego.

but seriously, this should be over and done with.

dwelling on shit aint going to make anything better. agree to disagree and keep ur opinion to urselves. i tend to not have an opinion of others unless i am given a reason to otherwise have one. and neither should any of you.

chyeaaaaa