Goodbye PF.com

Everyone - please stop pinning this on Hayley. She did NOT make the decision - Ash and I did.

yo brent man. i dont think your going to be able to get to everyone and even if you do, ppl are gonna have their opinions now because of this. i think we are all just going to have to accept that man.

on that note, i see while i was asleep 4 more pages accumulated in this thread. whatever i guess. pisses me off just the same.

it should seriously be dropped. no one should be put to blame. it should just be dropped. and if you cant just drop the fucking thing, than at least learn how to argue. get your facts sorted out before making harsh judgments.

however, if you are one of those ppl just showing concern, or grief that is totally fine... im just sick of rude comments towards the staff and/or paramore. they dont deserve it you guys... really.

like i said before, im very close to diego and will continue to talk to him on a daily basis when i get the chance, but this should honestly be put to rest... show your gratitude/support/sympathy/etc. but lets try and be adults thru this matter. ppl are leaving... lets get over it ok.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to come and apologize for what I said about the band. I was just going by what I heard, so if what I heard was misconstrued, I am sorry. Paramore are my heros and what I *thought* happened actually hurt me to believe it could possibly be true. But I think things were thrown out of proportion, or words got miscommunicated, and I misunderstood. I didn't want to believe they were true, but in the heat of the moment I got angry. So yes, I definetly want to apologize for thinking the band had anything to do with it. They are wonderful people and I love them with all my heart and soul. They've changed my life and given me lots of hope, which is why I took things so personally.

As for everything else, I don't take it back. I still don't agree with the decision, but there is no point in arguing it, I don't want to either and it would not benefit anyone to in the first place. It makes me really sad to leave this site, believe me I love it, but I need to do what I think is right and stand up for what I believe. Sometimes life just goes like that, I've come to accept that. I wish we could come to a compromise here, I know I will hate not coming on here. But I wish everyone the best in their lives.

I just really wish people would stop saying Diegos rip caused the video to end up on other sites like youtube because that's complete bullshit.

I know at least 3 other people who ripped itfrom that site he got it from, and then put THEIR rip on youtube.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get kicked off the site or whatever, because he did break the rule, but him ripping the video wasn't any more serious than anyone else doing it, so I really don't think anyone should have brought it to Hayley's attention and basically put the blame on Diego.

K I'm done.

I just really wish people would stop saying Diegos rip caused the video to end up on other sites like youtube because that's complete bullshit.

I know at least 3 other people who ripped itfrom that site he got it from, and then put THEIR rip on youtube.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get kicked off the site or whatever, because he did break the rule, but him ripping the video wasn't any more serious than anyone else doing it, so I really don't think anyone should have brought it to Hayley's attention and basically put the blame on Diego.

K I'm done.

We're not firing Diego because he ripped the video. He could have ripped the video and kept if for himself. What he did was post download links in the LJ as well as the boards which completely goes against our policy of leaked material.

The only person that brought it to Hayley's attention was Diego because he posted it in the LJ Community where Hayley, and the rest of the band could see. The band, or someone closely affiliated with them deleted his post in the LJ.

I'm just going to come and apologize for what I said about the band. I was just going by what I heard, so if what I heard was misconstrued, I am sorry. Paramore are my heros and what I *thought* happened actually hurt me to believe it could possibly be true. But I think things were thrown out of proportion, or words got miscommunicated, and I misunderstood. I didn't want to believe they were true, but in the heat of the moment I got angry. So yes, I definetly want to apologize for thinking the band had anything to do with it. They are wonderful people and I love them with all my heart and soul. They've changed my life and given me lots of hope, which is why I took things so personally.

As for everything else, I don't take it back. I still don't agree with the decision, but there is no point in arguing it, I don't want to either and it would not benefit anyone to in the first place. It makes me really sad to leave this site, believe me I love it, but I need to do what I think is right and stand up for what I believe. Sometimes life just goes like that, I've come to accept that. I wish we could come to a compromise here, I know I will hate not coming on here. But I wish everyone the best in their lives.

i totally understand what your saying, if you honestly are standing up for what you think is right, then more power to you.

we are nothing if we dont stand up for what we believe in, and i commend you for having the guts to apologize and say what you feel, cuz now in this world it seems as its hard to truley say what we feel.

im gonna miss you as well as everyone else whose left.

I'm not going to close this thread because people deserve a place to talk about this if they want to and to express their sadness or grief or any other feelings they have...but I am going to stop arguing my viewpoint here...I think it's reached the point where it's not really doing anyone any good..it probably reached that point awhile ago and only Jarrod really seemed to realize it :)

If any of you want to talk to me about anything or express your frustration with what we did or you have any questions or whatever, definitely PM me...this is YOUR site and I want everyone to feel as good about this place as they can, even as we all struggle with what's happened over the past few days. I promise to be open and honest with you and I definitely want to hear anything that anyone has to say, positive or negative. I care about all of you and this site and, of course, this band...and I hope that doesn't get lost in the midst of all this.

And to everyone who's leaving - you all will definitely be missed.

Hey everyone...I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here...and

I want to clear something up...

Diego's rip of the video that appeared here and on the LJ was the FIRST leak of the video - BEFORE it showed up on YouTube or AP.net or anywhere else. It didn't stay up in either location very long...I took it down here on the boards and I'm assuming the band took it down from the LJ community...but it was the first rip of the video and the first leak of it outside the brightcove site Diego found it on (which, since it is affiliated with FBR+ doesn't count as a leak...the video was supposed to be there...yeah, maybe it was not difficult to find - idk - but the band or the label or whoever put it there...it was NOT a leak.)

So, that's part of why we're viewing this so seriously...we can't say for sure, obviously, but it's very possible that all the subsequent posts of the video on YouTube and AP.net came from the short time Diego's posts were up. He certainly made it easy for anyone to post it in those places since he ripped the video.

And again...as a staff member, we feel like we have to hold him to the highest standard. If any other staff member had done something like this, the exact same thing would happen to that person...as the staff, we absolutely have to obey the site rules...otherwise, how can we expect you guys to?

Sorry if any of that comes off too harsh but I wanted to make sure it was clear that this is a pretty serious leak and came before everything else some of you may have seen since then on other sites.

Do you really believe that Brent? If they wanted it to stay underwraps until monday they probably would have kept it on a separate file so when you searched PARAMORE the video didn't showup...

I just got back from a preproduction meeting with the #1 producer in southern california, and he was talking about leak issues and what his friends who recorded the most recent linkin park album did to prevent leaks. They took the disc drives and locked them in a VAULT, protected by multiple locks in an undisclosed location. That's my definition of trying to prevent a leak, not leaving it on a website for someone to stumble upon simply by searching 'paramore' in their search bar. Blaming Diego for the leak is ridiculous. If you want to kick him off for violating the policy on posting leaked material, that is perfectly legitimate, as he was a staff member and should have known better. But blaming him as the source of the leak? That's a little far fetched...

I of course don't know any of the other drama that went on, and quite frankly I don't really want to. But I just hope you guys can find someone or bring it upon yourselves to stay as current on content as diego was.. if thats even possible. :(

K I'm done.

True, bringing it to the bands attention and taking blame wasn't necessary, it shouldn't have been posted on a public domain in the first place.

yea trevor, i think thats the main reason he was dismissed from his position, for leaking the material onto PF.com.

Yeah, thats totally justified and understandable. I just don't think it is fair to Diego to say he was the one from which the leak originated.. because that is blatantly untrue.

Well I missed all of this because I was away from home for the weekend..but honestly, I thought this place was a BIT more mature from what I'd seen so far, and a bit less pathetic. That's not directed at anyone, it just feels like some kind of huge soap opera over the most ridiculous thing. I'm sure the band are disappointed, and I'm sure Ash and Brent are too, but I mean, if that happened to me personally, I'd be pissed off for a while but then I'd think "Shit happens, at least people like the video, that's what means the most to me". I wouldn't care about release dates, teasers and building up to a big spectacular unveiling of the final product.

Just my say on the matter, and good luck with whatever you do next Diego, you deserve it!

Well, I'm going to miss you Diego. You were always so nice and you really did pull a lot together.

For some reason, I think this thread should be closed. People are just going to go on and on and if you want to tell him how much you miss him, and thank him, you should do it on the contact info he gave us. I think too many people are adding fuel to the fire by complaining and saying, "oh my god! this is so unfair! I'm leaving too1!11!" It seems most people are only doing that so everyone will go, "No! Don't leave!"

I know I have no authority to do this, and I'm not telling anyone to close this. It's just my opinion.

Well, I'm going to miss you Diego. You were always so nice and you really did pull a lot together.

For some reason, I think this thread should be closed. People are just going to go on and on and if you want to tell him how much you miss him, and thank him, you should do it on the contact info he gave us. I think too many people are adding fuel to the fire by complaining and saying, "oh my god! this is so unfair! I'm leaving too1!11!" It seems most people are only doing that so everyone will go, "No! Don't leave!"

I know I have no authority to do this, and I'm not telling anyone to close this. It's just my opinion.

i kind of agree. it will help us all move on from this and better the site's morale.

Yeah. I'm not too sure posting on this even more is going to help anyone. I can't say this for sure, but I'm sure the people who chose to not keep Diego on the sites' decisions are final, and so we should move on and not complain. We don't need a "bitch and moan" thread, to be blunt.

Well I missed all of this because I was away from home for the weekend..but honestly, I thought this place was a BIT more mature from what I'd seen so far, and a bit less pathetic. That's not directed at anyone, it just feels like some kind of huge soap opera over the most ridiculous thing. I'm sure the band are disappointed, and I'm sure Ash and Brent are too, but I mean, if that happened to me personally, I'd be pissed off for a while but then I'd think "Shit happens, at least people like the video, that's what means the most to me". I wouldn't care about release dates, teasers and building up to a big spectacular unveiling of the final product.

Just my say on the matter, and good luck with whatever you do next Diego, you deserve it!

i wish you'd leave meg. youre gay ... and ring me up when youre drunk and tell me youre humping lamps. I HATE YOU.

;-)

god meg lets get married.

I think it should stay open because not everyone comes everyday, so there's probably some people who didn't read about this yet and they have a right to know and ask questions if they want.