The last thread

I'm going to be completely straight here and say that personally, I never would have come forward if Diego hadn't set the record straight with everyone. The horrible thing is, he's been trying to get us to stop for a long time, not only by telling us, but by being an example of this himself. Before Diego was asked to leave, he rarely posted in the OTST and I'm assuming a lot of that had to do with us making remarks about certain forum members. It's never been more clear too me than it is now...but back to what I was saying. My answer for you is no. It's horrible, but it's the truth. I am so glad that Jarrod and Diego have spoken up though because I've held a lot of these feelings back until today, and it would of been hard to say anything for myself otherwise. They created a gateway for my coming clean, although I was completely distraught about the way it was brought about at first. I know that sounds lame, pathetic, and babyish, but it's true and there's no excuse for it. :oops:

QUOTE]

well that really makes me sad about all this.

I'll be straight up with you Glo...what you said about Diego pissed me off the most. It was totally uncalled for. But at least you came clean about it, I just hope you are sincere.

glo, i only have questions about your sincerity because you said if diego wouldnt have shared this with others that you wouldnt have done anything about what you said.

I don't think you can fault Glo for trying to be honest. Maybe it's too late for some of you, but I believe she's trying to set everything straight now. To be quite honest, I made a snap judgment about her because of what I saw, and since I had no prior conversation with her, that's all I had to go by. After reading what she has said about everything going on, I know she's doing her best to rectify the wrongs she's accepted she's done. Everyone deserves chances to right the wrongs.

Working with Diego extensively on the website for the past few months, in a way, has served to give me insight on a lot of people in this community. Let me tell you that it has always been something positive and that's what really motivated me to get down to the bottom of what ever problems the site was giving Diego and the staff. I know there is still a lot of positive left to take in. Although I'll no longer be able to do this, the bitter taste in my mouth has subsided to a degree, and I would very much like to see PF continue to be a positive experience for its users.

I don't think you can fault Glo for trying to be honest. Maybe it's too late for some of you, but I believe she's trying to set everything straight now. To be quite honest, I made a snap judgment about her because of what I saw, and since I had no prior conversation with her, that's all I had to go by. After reading what she has said about everything going on, I know she's doing her best to rectify the wrongs she's accepted she's done. Everyone deserves chances to right the wrongs.

Working with Diego extensively on the website for the past few months, in a way, has served to give me insight on a lot of people in this community. Let me tell you that it has always been something positive and that's what really motivated me to get down to the bottom of what ever problems the site was giving Diego and the staff. I know there is still a lot of positive left to take in. Although I'll no longer be able to do this, the bitter taste in my mouth has subsided to a degree, and I would very much like to see PF continue to be a positive experience for its users.

I wasn't at all faulting her for being honest, I was only being honest myself. When you see words like that about your friends, it's a bit of a shock....and very disgusting. I get defensive of my friends, and like you, I never really talked to her, so that wasn't exactly an invitation for friendship. I'm all for accepting apologies and moving on, as I said in my earlier post. I was just simply coming clean with my own feelings. And now that I have, and I see her response, I can move on comfortably.

glo, i only have questions about your sincerity because you said if diego wouldnt have shared this with others that you wouldnt have done anything about what you said.

Although what I said is true, there have been countless times where I wonder if I really meant all those things I said just because I kept a grudge or if I was just in mean spirit and I feel guilty when I say this but it was a little bit of both. So what I'm trying to say is although I admit , I never would of come forward on my own, I have thought about the people I'm offending.

Sorry I must have misinterpreted the last few replies, but I am glad things are starting to shape up. Honestly this whole thing has taken my thoughts hostage over the past few days and it's really messed with me. Thankfully, it's getting easier.

During the stretch of shock and disgust I had, I'm also apologetic for the things I thought and said over the past few days. And though I never really let my frustrations be known to most of you, I also feel some remorse. My sister tapped me on the shoulder during dinnertime and asked me if I was working on anything for PF lately (she was excited to know I helped with something to do with one of her favorite bands), and quite frankly I told her I wasn't sure why I had ever done anything for them (the images Diego had showed me weighed heavily on my mind during that meal). I regret telling her that, because in truth, I really enjoyed helping out this community, and sharing my knowledge and experience with Diego and others. I'm sorry for the snap judgments I had made - no matter how well deserved they may have been, I usually try to reserve my judgments, and for misinterpretations, misunderstandings and other things I say/have said that have caused anyone any grief.

ok, so im posting this under a fake username so i wont get personally bashed for expressing my opinion...

ok, here goes.... **prepares self**

honestly, cant u guys see that nobody "came clean". coming clean would mean they confessed to what they had said. they didnt. they were exposed by diego, when meant they were FORCED to apologise. theyre not sorry for what they said. theyre sorry they got caught.

i dont see how i can ever return here after this loss in trust. i know i'll see you guys around the lj community or at a show or something. but not here.

i also just wanna say that if this post gets deleted i will be extremely (well, moreso then i already am) dissapointed in this site.

edit: i just wanna clarity... this IS NOT a bashing post. this is simply my opinion on the matter. i dont want this post to result in bashing of me or the staff. this is simply the way i see things. if u agree, ok. if not, thats ok too. also, id appreciate it if y'all could just ignore the fact that im posting anonymously. i know im a coward. and im definately willing to admit it.

ok, so im posting this under a fake username so i wont get personally bashed for expressing my opinion...

ok, here goes.... **prepares self**

honestly, cant u guys see that nobody "came clean". coming clean would mean they confessed to what they had said. they didnt. they were exposed by diego, when meant they were FORCED to apologise. theyre not sorry for what they said. theyre sorry they got caught.

i dont see how i can ever return here after this loss in trust. i know i'll see you guys around the lj community or at a show or something. but not here.

i also just wanna say that if this post gets deleted i will be extremely (well, moreso then i already am) dissapointed in this site.

edit: i just wanna clarity... this IS NOT a bashing post. this is simply my opinion on the matter. i dont want this post to result in bashing of me or the staff. this is simply the way i see things. if u agree, ok. if not, thats ok too. also, id appreciate it if y'all could just ignore the fact that im posting anonymously. i know im a coward. and im definately willing to admit it.

I can understand your loss of trust here, and because you say you're going to stick around (atleast to see if we delete your post, which we won't) I think you deserve to see a responce, especially one coming from a staff member. It is not cowardly of you at all to post anonymously, although I'm pretty sure I would say this to anyone else who shared the same opinions you do.

First of all, I really hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm really sad to see you go over this because over the last 48 hours, I've seen this community pull through in a way that only PF knows. It has amazed me. I’m not going to argue your definition for what coming clean entails, but I did confess to what I said. Yes, it was after Diego posted the print screens, but it was something I did on my own. I’m sorry, I hope I don’t sound hostile or anything, but it’s hard to see you say something like that because this was not something I was forced to do. It was definitely hard for me, confessing every little thing I said and why I said it, which their was no excuse for, but I am sorry, and in no way was I forced to apologize. Up until yesterday, I wasn’t even sure what to think, but I had an idea. Yes, I’m sorry I got caught, but not so much for the sake of getting caught. I’m more sorry that people had to read that because it meant indirect upon undirect backtalk and that was very hurtful on my part.

I can understand your loss of trust here, and because you say you're going to stick around (atleast to see if we delete your post, which we won't) I think you deserve to see a responce, especially one coming from a staff member. It is not cowardly of you at all to post anonymously, although I'm pretty sure I would say this to anyone else who shared the same opinions you do.

First of all, I really hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm really sad to see you go over this because over the last 48 hours, I've seen this community pull through in a way that only PF knows. It has amazed me. I’m not going to argue your definition for what coming clean entails, but I did confess to what I said. Yes, it was after Diego posted the print screens, but it was something I did on my own. I’m sorry, I hope I don’t sound hostile or anything, but it’s hard to see you say something like that because this was not something I was forced to do. It was definitely hard for me, confessing every little thing I said and why I said it, which their was no excuse for, but I am sorry, and in no way was I forced to apologize. Up until yesterday, I wasn’t even sure what to think, but I had an idea. Yes, I’m sorry I got caught, but not so much for the sake of getting caught. I’m more sorry that people had to read that because it meant indirect upon undirect backtalk and that was very hurtful on my part.

look, im sorry.. but i dont call multiple, long time, huge posters, staff members leaving "pulling through". its more like "barely scraping through". u guys said some nasty things. some really nasty things. and to have everybody forgive u after just saying a simple "im sorry" is ridiculous. it may be good enough for some people but it isnt for me. i think u abused ur power. the private forum combined with how much power in the paramore community u guys have (or think u have) made u believe that u could say whatever u want about "regular fans". what u did was not a confession. u cant confess to something thats already out there for everyone to see. yes, u acknowledged that what u had said was wrong - because it was - and u apologised. but the fact that y'all are getting praised for "coming clean" disgusts me. especially since u have already stated that had diego not "outed" u would never have apologised or "come clean". my guess is u would've kept bashing forum members. i dont doubt u were upset over the whole situation when u said what u did but u should not have blatantly insulted people supporting diego just because u were mad at him. that was just childish.

PF boardies are handling this in a very mature manner... but in my opinion this issue should not be excused or forgotten about.

diego broke a rule. he was kicked. (yeah, yeah... there was more to it bla bla)

u guys break a rule that may not have to do with the band but it has to do with every single member of this forum... nothing... and nothing will happen!

unfair and unjust.

well said glorya, but like i said before... some ppl arent going to be forgiving... and you and company are just going to have to deal with that. there isnt a damn thing you can do now, but be honest and sincere and if it dont work for everyone, get past it ya know... be thankful that most of us are being very good about this. cuz to us its a very big deal. especially since it was collected over time and not just thrown at us one day...

as for the anonymous person... that shows a lot of courage stepping up and being one of few to stick to what you initially thought no matter what ya know... but just to get this out there... sometimes it takes research and evidence to find something to really change someone or something. yea, they prolly wouldnt have said anything if nobody would have known... o well right. we did find out and when we went to them with it, they reacted in a way that i am very proud of... most ppl that talk like that or act that way would have simply ran away with their tail between their legs and not said a word. and the fact that they didnt act out in anger, rather they let it sink in... thought about it and then prepared what they needed to say... amazing if you ask me... that is a blessing.

i accept their apology, but it is no surprise to me that some ppl don't. i know many ppl like that... they just don't trust a person again after they lose their trust once. that is totally fine. but ive always been taught to give second chances, cuz anyone can fuck up once ya know...

anyways thats really all i got on this issue for now. ill check back in later and see what the word is...

look, im sorry.. but i dont call multiple, long time, huge posters, staff members leaving "pulling through". its more like "barely scraping through". u guys said some nasty things. some really nasty things. and to have everybody forgive u after just saying a simple "im sorry" is ridiculous. it may be good enough for some people but it isnt for me. i think u abused ur power. the private forum combined with how much power in the paramore community u guys have (or think u have) made u believe that u could say whatever u want about "regular fans". what u did was not a confession. u cant confess to something thats already out there for everyone to see. yes, u acknowledged that what u had said was wrong - because it was - and u apologised. but the fact that y'all are getting praised for "coming clean" disgusts me. especially since u have already stated that had diego not "outed" u would never have apologised or "come clean". my guess is u would've kept bashing forum members. i dont doubt u were upset over the whole situation when u said what u did but u should not have blatantly insulted people supporting diego just because u were mad at him. that was just childish.

PF boardies are handling this in a very mature manner... but in my opinion this issue should not be excused or forgotten about.

u guys break a rule that may not have to do with the band but it has to do with every single member of this forum... nothing... and nothing will happen!

unfair and unjust.

i completely agree with him/her on this.

unfair and unjust.

ohhhhh this is getting spicy!! hehe, i guess ill stick around for just a bit more then.

yes. it is unfair. nothing will be done about it. we just have to hope they are true with their apology and wont continue to do this BS little kid drama shit no more. if not than oh well right. if thats the type of person you are going to be, than good luck with your life right. i can't really stress it enough that we will all have out eyes open now and you best be careful with what you say. it sucks it comes to that, but it really does ya know. if you have a problem with one of us, face us directly. you are accomplishing nothing by saying shit in a forum that we have no access too. we will continue to act the same and you will continue to get pissed off and write shit about us.

as for anonymous dooooood. i agree with you alot my friend. but sometimes you just have to take what ppl say and trust it until they break the trust again... i give that second chance, but once that one is broken its all done. as it should be with mostly everyone on here. second chances are rare, so the staff members that were involved best be thankful and true. which i believe they are. that is all.

unfair and unjust.

I agree with everything you have to say. We did abuse our power. and I'm sorry, I guess confessed was the wrong word, but yes I did acknowledge what I did, but it was not simple. Anything but.

As for whether people start to forgive me and whether they have given me praise, that's not something I can control, but that was probably not addressed to me anyway. But you're right, that is the ugly truth of the matter. I truthfully said that I would not have come out with it if Diego hadn't of posted the print screens and I can't imagine how horrible that must be to hear, especially after what I said in the print screen. So upon what I already apologized for, I think this is an equally substantial, if not even larger, apology. As for people's forgiveness, I think you intended that to be posed at other members, so I won't say anything else.