decoy

loGan

we have a winner!!! it is, indeed, nirvana :)

and yeah, there are going to be exclusive bonus tracks available only at certain stores...but there's a really good reason for that - the band explains it all in the interview, but basically a lot of your big chain stores insist on that now if they're going to give you promotional support and good placement in the stores...

bonus tracks right?

so does that mean there will be more than 1 on the cd???

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...one of the exclusive versions may have 2...another one just has decoy, i believe...and yeah, hayley talks about which store each will be at in the interview...

more to come as soon as i finish typing it...

so it's most likely Target or Best Buy, or iTunes. they're the ones that always do that.

and if it's Best Buy, they always come with these little picture thingies with the band on them. haha =D

The Used just posted this in their bulletin:

You can also get the album at the below stores with extra content!

Best Buy - includes the songs "Devil Beside You" and "Dark Days"

FYE - includes the song "Slit Your Own Throat"

Target - includes the songs "Tunnel" and "Maybe Memories" live

Circuit City - includes the songs "On My Own" live and "My Pesticide"

i guess then it will be something like that.

oh gosh.

looks like I'll be buying some things on iTunes.

I'll prbably buy the whole album (and how ever many extra songs there are..) on iTunes.. then buy the copy with my favorites at a store haha.

i hope paramore's cd isnt excatly like this cuz i dont want to have to buy 4 cds......but i will if i have to.

Ok I'll try to straighten some things out about how this works. Most of the stores just give you like download codes when you pre-order the CD online or at the store and you get the bonus tracks as MP3s. I think Best Buy actually sells copies of the album with the bonus tracks right on there, but iTunes WILL NOT have all the bonus tracks. They may have one of their own, but all the bonus tracks are exclusive to each store. No one expects you to purchase this album at every store, b-sides are made for sharing.

Edit: Is "Nirvana" an original or just a short title to represent a Nirvana cover? I know they did that U2 cover as well, so possible bonus tracks so far are:

Stop This Song (Love Sick Melody)

Nirvana

Decoy

Sunday Bloody Sunday (u2 Cover)

Ok I'll try to straighten some things out about how this works. Most of the stores just give you like download codes when you pre-order the CD online or at the store and you get the bonus tracks as MP3s. I think Best Buy actually sells copies of the album with the bonus tracks right on there, but iTunes WILL NOT have all the bonus tracks. They may have one of their own, but all the bonus tracks are exclusive to each store. No one expects you to purchase this album at every store, b-sides are made for sharing.

Edit: Is "Nirvana" an original or just a short title to represent a Nirvana cover? I know they did that U2 cover as well, so possible bonus tracks so far are:

Nirvana

Decoy

Best Buy doesn't always have bonus tracks on the disc. every one i've bought from there that has this promo, they're come with a code, and you have to go online and download. Best Buy's exclusive tracks are always like that.

Best Buy doesn't always have bonus tracks on the disc. every one i've bought from there that has this promo, they're come with a code, and you have to go online and download. Best Buy's exclusive tracks are always like that.

I was told that the Used Bonus tracks were on the CD, that's why I said that.

Nirvana

Decoy

Dude, we established like a page back that Nirvana was Decoy.

we have a winner!!! it is, indeed, nirvana :)

and yeah, there are going to be exclusive bonus tracks available only at certain stores...but there's a really good reason for that - the band explains it all in the interview, but basically a lot of your big chain stores insist on that now if they're going to give you promotional support and good placement in the stores...

what about fbr?

based on what she said in the interview, i only know of two stores that will have the exclusive tracks for riot! there may be more, but hayley didn't mention them...

and yeah...the tracks are exclusive to each store selling the cd, so my assumption is that they won't all be up on itunes or anything like that...

i don't know of any exclusive content on the fbr pre-order...p

and buying the cd 2 or 3 times to get the exclusive content...well, that only helps the band's sales #s...and it should be at a low price point at the stores with the bonus tracks because that's part of the reason the band gives them the bonus tracks...

and yes, decoy is nirvana. and mexico is....oh, you'll have to wait for the interview to find that out :)