old and new hayley

I felt like watching the old pressure video today and notcied how Hayley looks like a completely different person from that video to her others. I kind of liked the rocker look she had in the pressure video. Maybe its just the cameral angles, hair color or makeup, but she looks completely different in that video. Makes me really miss the old Paramore before all the publicity when they were just starting out and not many people knew who they were and they were just having fun.

their look may have changed a bit, but they are definitely still having fun...the last two nights in california proved that :) they seem to be having a blast...

and they are definitely still the same great people...hayley actually had a message in the interview for everyone who's worried that as they get more popular, they're going to change...check that out when i get it posted...

yeh I dont doubt they will stay awesome, theres just always that feeling with every band I like, that feeling of like losing something. I know its a change in myself and not the band really. Its just you get this exciting feeling when you discover something new and not well known yet and you just want lots of people to know about it but then it loses those new feelings. Similar to when you get a new car or a new guitar its really awesome for a little bit but then as time goes on you still love it but it will never be the same as when you first got it. You know what im sayin?

yeah i think i agree with you. most of the kids i meet who like paramore nowadays like'em cause "josh is hot" well the girls. but to be honest ever since they became more big. they havent been like those other bands. they're still the same and care for their fans as much as they did when it all started.

yeh I dont doubt they will stay awesome, theres just always that feeling with every band I like, that feeling of like losing something. I know its a change in myself and not the band really. Its just you get this exciting feeling when you discover something new and not well known yet and you just want lots of people to know about it but then it loses those new feelings. Similar to when you get a new car or a new guitar its really awesome for a little bit but then as time goes on you still love it but it will never be the same as when you first got it. You know what im sayin?

yeah, i definitely get where you're comng from...but idk...it's also awesome watching them grow as a band...and make a 2nd record that, so far, sounds like it's going to be incredible.

Yeah they've all really changed a lot.

But everyone changes I guess. I mean, I've made quite a transformation from 6th-8th grade. In the 6th grade I was just some tomboy. 7th I went all emo. And in 8th I level headed myself and decided to stop following trends, but what I like.

Their music's changed a lot too. But I like that. ^-^

I get what you're saying too.

And of course for when liking them as younger, and they are older now, you feel like you're losing them to more and more people because it's not so intimate. I think you start to get protective over them.

Hah, I feel bad for when I get someone into Paramore. I'm like, "yeah!" they like them now. But then I'm like, but I don't want anyone else to like them.

I know exactly what you mean, Jon.

I have this strong need/want to promote them and make them huge here in Australia but on the flip side i want to kind of hold onto them for myself and my close friends and keep them relatively small.

How annoying.

I was actually going to contact their label today and try and work something out (i'm guessing they're with warner music here).

A lot of bands i like have turned to shit because the silly teenies get ahold of them.

So yeah, i don't know what to do.

I hope they don't change.

i miss the smaller them too! when i saw them just a little over a year ago they played a show for like 50? people. and i hung out with josh for 35 minutes afterwards and no one knew who he was. they couldn't do that now. even warped tour... cuz i saw them on the first date of it. and there were only like 15 people in the m & g line... it makes me sad b/c i think after warped tour this summer they're gonna be even bigger! as horrible as this sounds, i don't want them to get like panic! at the disco big. even tho they deserve it, bands are always so much better small!

yeh, of course you want the best for the band but at the same time you dont want them to get big even though that sounds very selfish. I know if I were in band that was doing well I would want lots of people to hear my music but I think I would always miss playing small shows. When my old band had opened for other bands that feeling of playing your music to people that have never heard it before is so exciting, its just not the same when everyone knows it already. I dunno maybe im weird., but its just the experience of catching peoples attention for the first time thats really special.

they're growing up so it's obviously they're gonna change and their experiences over the past 2 years will of changed them too. i'll always love them anyway, but i think they will be big one day, i'm kinda glad i'm going to the London gig next week cos i think it could be the last time they play a venue of that size.

i bet they kinda already sense it would happen, because they are music fans themselves. like, i'm sure they've felt this way at times about bands they like. so maybe they kinda know exactly how we all feel about them getting huge.

yea.

it just feels weird that they're getting more famous..*for me anyway*

its like we had them to ourselves and they're growing.

kinda like a sad thing for me.

LOL i'm weird...

im gonna be honest.

im selfish. i dont want paramore to get FOB or Panic! big. i know that sounds bad and im sorry.

I know what you mean...

I want people to listen to their music but at the same time I'm wanna keep them to myself.

but just like wayne said.

I'll always love them anyway!

=)

i want them too be big. i mmean they rock.. tHERE AMAZING! but then they turn into main stream.. and peopel will claim to be there biggest fans ever wen they just heard of them as soon as they get to MTV. and that will bug me..

idk wat i want for them'

just not big huge arenas.. cuz then i cant meet them after the show and say how kewl they were. or b4 the show and say how exited i am to see them..

idkk